FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chime Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1588159-chime-card.html)

MountainManDuy Jul 10, 2014 2:37 am

If you guys have the current offer for best buy in your chime account, I would just buy a 200 visa gc at BB and it would be a money maker. My offer was something like spend 100 and get 10 back in your chime account.

lad2 Jul 10, 2014 5:37 am

My account just got suspended. I've been loading consistently pretty much every day. Balance is less than 2K. Will update once their support line is open.

Update: Called their support line (opens @ 7am Central) and after a brief hold while they looked over the transactions. I was told by the CSR that "corporate" is concerned with the amount/number of loads but there's no spend yet (guess they don't count the test PP and BB transactions as spending:)). I told them because of the daily load limit, I was saving up the amount for a big spending transaction later on (true). That seems to satisfy the CSR and she puts in the request to unlock the account. Bad news is that she says it would takes 1-3 hours for that to be done. My guess is she can't unlock it herself but have to pass it on to another team.

Update 2 (~3 hours from last update): Received a voice mail from the same CSR earlier letting me know that the issue has been resolved. Checked online, still no go with 'account suspended' message. Called in and after punching in the card number, I was able to hear my account balance when I couldn't earlier. Spoke to another friendly CSR and she couldn't figure out why only card access was restored but not online access. She said she escalated to "higher ups" and I should be receiving a call back later today.

Update 3 (30 mins from last update): Got another voice mail ('Unknown' number), online access restored. Case closed.

Cbass98 Jul 10, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks for the info lad2

payeco Jul 10, 2014 10:19 am

Originally Posted by lad2 (Post 23173754)
My account just got suspended. I've been loading consistently pretty much every day. Balance is less than 2K. Will update once their support line is open.

Update: Called their support line (opens @ 7am Central) and after a brief hold while they looked over the transactions. I was told by the CSR that "corporate" is concerned with the amount/number of loads but there's no spend yet (guess they don't count the test PP and BB transactions as spending:)). I told them because of the daily load limit, I was saving up the amount for a big spending transaction later on (true). That seems to satisfy the CSR and she puts in the request to unlock the account. Bad news is that she says it would takes 1-3 hours for that to be done. My guess is she can't unlock it herself but have to pass it on to another team.

Well, I guess I can consider this card useless for the most part then. If they lock your account for $2K in loads why botherwith it? Even T-Mo doesn't do that. I guess I'll drain the single $500 MP I loaded and put this in the sock drawer.

lad2 Jul 10, 2014 10:48 am

Account access fully restored.

samwkchan Jul 10, 2014 10:51 am

Originally Posted by lad2 (Post 23175269)
Account access fully restored.

Glad to know that.

Do you load $100 or $200 every day?

lad2 Jul 10, 2014 10:53 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan (Post 23175291)
Glad to know that.

Do you load $100 or $200 every day?

Loaded the max they allow every day, which was either $100 or $200 for a short period of time earlier this week.
Going forward, I'll be unloading every 3 days or so.

samwkchan Jul 10, 2014 11:02 am

Originally Posted by lad2 (Post 23175304)
Loaded the max they allow every day, which was either $100 or $200 for a short period of time earlier this week.
Going forward, I'll be unloading every 3 days or so.

I think I will do similarly.

Load every day, unload every 4 to 5 days.

samwkchan Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Some new data points.

A friend of mine has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

f0xx Jul 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Close and reopen? :p

coolblues Jul 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 23182055)
Close and reopen? :p

works all the time ... at-least it did with two of the cards reported here at FT ;)

sunspotzsz Jul 14, 2014 9:00 am

signed up on july/6, still no chime card in mail.

When should I expect to get the card?

It seems the offers are expiring.

thanks.

lad2 Jul 14, 2014 11:31 am

Doesn't look like you can ACH out from this. Tried pulling various amounts, lowest $200, doesn't work.
Pretty useless for me. Cashed out via WM MOs.

sunspotzsz Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am

how long did it take for you guys to receive the card?

Cbass98 Jul 16, 2014 9:00 am

It took me 7 days to get the card, but I signed up a day or two after this was posted. I tried to sign my wife up when I got my card and it's been almost 10 days and no card for her. Maybe they are extremely backlogged. ;)