Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

6/8-6/14 Office Depot buy $150 of Amex Gift cards get $15 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6/8-6/14 Office Depot buy $150 of Amex Gift cards get $15 back

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Wink 6/8-6/14 Office Depot buy $150 of Amex Gift cards get $15 back

Not to be out done by staples, OD has there own deal as well. no mention of how you get '$15 back. If it's at the register than this deal may be scalable and I might hit up multiple locations during next week.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:13 am
Original Poster

http://officedepot.shoplocal.com/Off...tionViewMode=1
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:22 am

Read the fine print

You can not use for $200 gift card or variable load gift card.

Picture shows $100 card and $50 card.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:49 am

Better options than the Staples deal.

Not extremely profitable because of the need to convert the AGC into something more useful, but there should be options that allow a break even/small profit transaction for 5x UR points.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Correct me if I am wrong but I have read other posts in the past that people were able to transfer there money from multiple Amex giftcards by calling the amex operator and doing it over the phone. If that is so I would imagine that once you accumulated enough of them you could move the money onto one card and register it. That way you only get stuck with $1 hold once on amazon payments instead of multiple times. Either way I usually just hold onto my gift cards with less than a dollar and dump them off at starbucks.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:55 am

If you could buy 3x100s and get $30 off or if you could buy a $200 (notwithstanding the ad's wording) this could be a good deal. Otherwise it will be a lot of hassle for the return unless you really want the URs.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by Maavieir
Correct me if I am wrong but I have read other posts in the past that people were able to transfer there money from multiple Amex giftcards by calling the amex operator and doing it over the phone. If that is so I would imagine that once you accumulated enough of them you could move the money onto one card and register it. That way you only get stuck with $1 hold once on amazon payments instead of multiple times. Either way I usually just hold onto my gift cards with less than a dollar and dump them off at starbucks.
I've never merged balances on AGC's so I cannot speak to that. I can however, say that you should research the workaround on the $1 hold when registering GC's for AP use. There is no need to ever have a single $ withheld from AP - even on the first use.

AAmlgm8r
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:39 pm

Will be hitting up a few stores this weekend.
I have a feeling they will be sold out quickly
or sold out of the 100s forcing you to buy 3x 50.00 or something instead
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Maavieir
You can merge cards, but there are restrictions. All the cards have to be from the same source (I'm not sure what that means, but I believe you can't merge one from OD and one bought directly from AmEx, but I think you can merge one from OD and one from Staples). Also maximum dollar value of the receiving card, after receipt, is $200.

It is somewhat of a manual time consuming process that I don't highly recommend, but it works.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
I really hope my new Ink card shows up in the mail tomorrow.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:18 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
what page is it on? maybe I'm blind but I dont see it. and I know you're in TX so it should be good/live here now.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:15 am

Anyone know how we'd get the $15 back?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jorge18
Anyone know how we'd get the $15 back?
It should come right off the top (Cost of gift cards of $150 or more -$15 + gift card fees).
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by oyouno
Will be hitting up a few stores this weekend.
I have a feeling they will be sold out quickly
or sold out of the 100s forcing you to buy 3x 50.00 or something instead
i have a feeling there will be as many as you want to buy. the difficulty in liquidation kills this deal for most.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by RavenHawk
It should come right off the top (Cost of gift cards of $150 or more -$15 + gift card fees).
Any idea how much the $100 and the $50 cost?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.