Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

6/8-6/14 Office Depot buy $150 of Amex Gift cards get $15 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:47 pm

Limits apply.....

Originally Posted by restonva
You can not use for $200 gift card or variable load gift card.

Picture shows $100 card and $50 card.

Save $15
Valid 6/8/14 through 6/14/14
Purchase must be in one transaction. Offer excludes $200 Gift Card denomination and the variable load $25–$500 Gift Cards. Purchase Fees apply. Limit 1 per household/business. Terms and conditions apply.
American Express Gift Card Offer: Purchase must be in one transaction. Limit 1 offer per customer/household. Offer excludes $200 Gift Card denomination and the variable load $25-$500 Gift Cards. Purchase Fees apply. Terms and Conditions apply to Gift Cards. Some limitations apply. Visit Americanexpress.com/gift for complete terms and Cardholder Agreement. Card issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. American Express is not the sponsor of this promotion.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:16 pm

Stores in my region are well stocked with $100's, but they all have a strict purchase limit of 2x$100, which makes it less worth it to drive out to different stores.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
just back from OM, total waste of time, three guys could not make it work.

they even tried to override but system wont let them override amex gc price.

the lady said i had to buy a $150 amex gc to get the discount and their doesn't carry those cards. ...!
HAH - same thing happened to me. I wonder if they went to the same training class

Originally Posted by spgbus
OM cashier has to scan a barcode in the coupon binder to apply the discount manually. OD register applies coupon automatically.
Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
3x$100 in one transaction will give u $30 off.

Just got back from my OM in eastern WI and I did not find this to be the case. Bought 3x $100 and only received $15 off. Due to the liquidation difficulty with these, I didn't plan on taking this one very far. But without the ability to scale the offer, this is only a reasonable fill-in for some minimum spend on my new Ink card, used for buying other things I need to buy anyway.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
No more volume discount.. 3 x $100 gives only $15 off.. Another fix..
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:47 pm

I thought OD stopped accepting CC for all visa/amex or mc Gcs back in mid 2013?
They even had cash only signs at GC racks and I saw it at least 3 OD stores.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I thought OD stopped accepting CC for all visa/amex or mc Gcs back in mid 2013?
They even had cash only signs at GC racks and I saw it at least 3 OD stores.
Cash only for variables.. Fixed value GCs are still ok with CC.. POS allows..
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA

Was able to buy 6 x $100 with $60 off on Sunday. Went to a different OM today to purchase 9 x $100. Coupon only took $15 off. Cashier lets buy in separate transactions . Ended up purchasing 8 x &100 on four transactions.

On another note, I was able to load these gift cards on my Amex Target card yesterday. Wasn't able to do so today. Can't figure out why.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:34 pm

yep, they fixed the volume discounts. Disappointing. Will definitely go no further now that its fixed. Glad I at least got 3K yesterday. Fortunately thats all I needed for my sign up bonus on ink+
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigasiannd
Was able to buy 6 x $100 with $60 off on Sunday. Went to a different OM today to purchase 9 x $100. Coupon only took $15 off. Cashier lets buy in separate transactions . Ended up purchasing 8 x &100 on four transactions.

On another note, I was able to load these gift cards on my Amex Target card yesterday. Wasn't able to do so today. Can't figure out why.

Great move with the Target amex. Do you know if you can pay the citicards with it over the phone? Just trying to figure out a more creative of liquidating then buying visas or AP
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:35 pm

Man.. I've been reading this thread for like 3 days, and I keep wondering why you people kept talking about OM when the thread is about OD.

I finally went looking at the ad and it just hit me that they are using the same ad now.

When did this happen. How the heck did I not know... doh...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by bigasiannd

Just to clarify, were you at two different Office Max's OR and Office Max and an Office Depot? Even though they are combined now, could their registers still be ringing up the coupons differently…i.e. 3*100=30 off at one store but 15 off at another?
As far as the AFT, I had trouble loading mine the other day, then I realized it hadn't been exactly 24 hours since my previous load.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by mistressjaime
Quote:

Just to clarify, were you at two different Office Max's OR and Office Max and an Office Depot? Even though they are combined now, could their registers still be ringing up the coupons differently…i.e. 3*100=30 off at one store but 15 off at another?
As far as the AFT, I had trouble loading mine the other day, then I realized it hadn't been exactly 24 hours since my previous load.
I went to two different office max stores. The target loads were more than 24 hrs apart. The two differences were the time elapses between purchasing gift cards and target load and the two different targets had different payment terminals (red vs black). The new black one rejected the Amex GC as payment.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:51 am

4.95 each...

Originally Posted by jorge18
Any idea how much the $100 and the $50 cost?
I'm gonna try buying 2x100 this am (OD+OM) for $4.95x2 instead of 100+50...like i did yesterday..allowed one at OM and one at OD..increases UR ... if it works I'll let you know

OD + OM let me buy 1 per day...they open in 10 min here

some are unloading AMT per Point Chaser
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:35 am

OD changed their mind! i know the mgr....will sell up to $3k in $200 increments...thoughts on making this smoother....with UR + cash...11.55% return...not bad ..can't get all the $15 off without multiple transactions(max there $200)...I can tell Chase I need the individual receipts for bookkeeping....any positive thoughts on how to handle tis better? I have not done this yet....thinking about not ruining this for everyone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.