FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6/8-6/14 Office Depot buy $150 of Amex Gift cards get $15 back
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:38 pm
tarcapone

Originally Posted by Maavieir
Correct me if I am wrong but I have read other posts in the past that people were able to transfer there money from multiple Amex giftcards by calling the amex operator and doing it over the phone. If that is so I would imagine that once you accumulated enough of them you could move the money onto one card and register it. That way you only get stuck with $1 hold once on amazon payments instead of multiple times. Either way I usually just hold onto my gift cards with less than a dollar and dump them off at starbucks.
You can merge cards, but there are restrictions. All the cards have to be from the same source (I'm not sure what that means, but I believe you can't merge one from OD and one bought directly from AmEx, but I think you can merge one from OD and one from Staples). Also maximum dollar value of the receiving card, after receipt, is $200.

It is somewhat of a manual time consuming process that I don't highly recommend, but it works.