Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FTRox87
you didnt think anyone was gonna notice and take nationwide action? $1M/month stands out like a sore thumb anywhere, you dont need a special algorithm for that. these are the folks who ruined it imho.
Ding ding ding. I agree.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by commdiver
Eh, here it seems to be everyone. I think the "Can I get five MOs for $449.41 each?" also raises questions. With WM, I always gave them the 70 cents in coins and got $500 MOs, but carrying 59 cents multiple times is a bit more annoying than carrying two quarters and two dimes for each MO.
So carry 3 quarters and make the proper adjustment to the MO amount if the amount of coins is your biggest problem! Think outside the box a bit.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by brero
So carry 3 quarters and make the proper adjustment to the MO amount if the amount of coins is your biggest problem! Think outside the box a bit.
We have a genius among us!
People can't think for themselves sometimes.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
last few pages of discussion have been hilarious, everything from ppl blaming bloggers to newbs to ppl showing their cards to frontline employees (as if the min wage workers magically wave an IT wand and change system dynamics instantly).... its clear what 'killed' this are not necessarily the relatively small-time hordes, or newbs or even those that threw fits... but rather those pushing HUGE numbers at the WMs in their area.

you didnt think anyone was gonna notice and take nationwide action? $1M/month stands out like a sore thumb anywhere, you dont need a special algorithm for that. these are the folks who ruined it imho.
Time to make the "Hitler finds out about WM blocking OV" video.

For the uninitiated, see this.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign

OMG I almost died of laughter while watching the last one about VRs. The point when he said "everyone who has more than one Bluebird account please leave the room" and 95% of the room left! ROFLMBO.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:17 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by italdesign

lol so many of these around... dont think anyone has made one about the recent WM changes tho. last big one was in Apr about CVS/VR.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:18 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by cdancer20
OMG I almost died of laughter while watching the last one about VRs. The point when he said "everyone who has more than one Bluebird account please leave the room" and 95% of the room left! ROFLMBO.
you're so easily amused I remem you posting this exact same post a few months ago, about that exact same line in the vid.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by brero
That still gets me a number not equal to $500...lol
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:19 pm

Tried to use a single $500 OV to buy MO with $0.7 in cash. Error code 96.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:20 pm

$1M/month stands out like a sore thumb anywhere, you dont need a special algorithm for that. these are the folks who ruined it imho
How dare anyone do such !
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by ntr91
Which makes it even more likely that they told WM to stop taking GCs for cash equivalents, and that WM listened.
How is that profitable for Incomm?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:21 pm

I can confirm this. Went to Washington DC walmart and got approved for $20 MO but not a 499.30 MO
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Is the wiki broken where you are?
Sorry Brain fart. Thought i saw that in there but must have skimmed right past it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Isn’t it nice that Walmart has a convenient public
place to go to see all
the work a rounds in a nice Wiki for their IT to patch
up.

I wonder why it is consistently changing every
week......hmmmmmm......

This does cost the stores money, don’t kid
yourself. They get charged
that interchange fee on every debit card you swipe.

FT Wiki is WM IT's to-do list.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
you're so easily amused I remem you posting this exact same post a few months ago, about that exact same line in the vid.
Hehe. Actually yes I am easily amused but yea that was my favorite part. Probably b/c it hit so close to home LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.