FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon mall gift card(2014-2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1578495-simon-mall-gift-card-2014-2015-a.html)

jedck Aug 20, 2014 8:44 am

I was told about the new 1k limit as well, but the woman at my local mall said it'd be only for business purchases (ie filling out the form and all that)

compddd Aug 20, 2014 8:48 am

Does anyone know what Bank Blackhawk uses? Bancorp, USBank, MetaBank?

What good would these new ones be if you can't load them to BB/Serve?

Churnman Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Volodath (Post 23394487)
Prediction - they only work at Simon Mall stores (and their affiliates...)

;)

As long as everyone and their blogger continue to pump simon for ms, then disaster looms as usual. At this point, I know there'll be new designs offered for a variety of occassions which is nice. But, let's also discuss the negatives of Blackhawk so people's expectations of ms glory with the new cards will subside into reality.

compddd Aug 20, 2014 8:55 am

Does Blackhawk have negatives?

VizeL Aug 20, 2014 9:23 am

I was gonna make my first foray to Simon's on Saturday.

Hopefully something is still there!

Volodath Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 23394586)
Does Blackhawk have negatives?

Blackhawk=Bancorp=FTC Investigation=Vanilla=No MO @ WM = loss of easy MS

USB Visas are just so much less of a hassle...

Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot - while Bancorp partners with Blackhawk on some things (T-Mo Prepaid), Blackhawk runs their own payment network and issues meta-VGCs.

Churnman Aug 20, 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Volodath (Post 23394810)

Truth!

MasterCharge Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am

it still should work fine at other locations for MO if it comes with a PIN.

MileageGoblin Aug 20, 2014 11:45 am

Blackhawk owns GCM who issues MetaBank GCs. Don't know where you are getting information that Simon is going to switch to Bancorp.

Ayase Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

I bought 5 cards yesterday, was told that the new program will be cheaper for us and will arrive in a few months.

ftomasze Aug 20, 2014 12:31 pm

You go ahead and keep thinking that.

carlitos Aug 21, 2014 6:57 am

Has anyone tried the Aventura Mall by Simon Mall MCGC from Sunrise Bank? They seem to be very good at accepting CC to buy them. Many International Latin-Americans paying with foreign cards (Forex and Int Fees). With $2.95 Activation for $500, it seems like a better option versus WD VGC. Well, I will go ahead a try one to see if Kate likes it or MO s can be issued at the MC

Churnman Aug 21, 2014 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze (Post 23395843)
You go ahead and keep thinking that.

I hope many keep thinking that too.

Churnman Aug 21, 2014 9:12 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 23395367)
it still should work fine at other locations for MO if it comes with a PIN.

I have access to many cards that work at other places for MO, but I need ones that will work on Kate. That is key for me. As long as these stay that way in the future I'll be happy and very happy to get them in other stores as well. We can only hope for now. I liked the way things have been and the somewhat more limited availability depending on location. Once the masses can get them anywhere, that creates other problems but I'll try to stay optimistic and not think too far ahead.

jimbo18 Aug 21, 2014 11:59 am

Just got back from the mall, my favorite cashier said they won't allow AGC to purchase the visas :(