Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:59 pm

Sorry posted in wrong thread. Please ignore.

Last edited by svasandani; Oct 16, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little warning on the Discover card -- they are quite slow about restoring your credit line after you've paid it off. I bought some Simon GCs earlier today, 4 days after I paid off the card, but the amount was rejected, so I had to lower it and put the remainder on another card. Fortunately they didn't freeze the card. I'll have to remember to check online before I use it.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
A little warning on the Discover card -- they are quite slow about restoring your credit line after you've paid it off. I bought some Simon GCs earlier today, 4 days after I paid off the card, but the amount was rejected, so I had to lower it and put the remainder on another card. Fortunately they didn't freeze the card. I'll have to remember to check online before I use it.
how did you pay? from discover or externally?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:42 pm

IME Discover always makes credit available on the same day they process your payment. Of course one should always check how much credit is available before making a large purchase.
However, I experienced one inconvenience with Discover Miles -- it was impossible to make a cash redemption of miles online. No linked accounts were showing up on the redemption page. I called and a rep offerred to redeem into a bank account. A week later I find out that didn't happen either. After a brief investigation by another phone rep, they reported that the bank deposit was 'unsuccessful' and they opted for mailing me a paper check. I'm still waiting for that check and hoping for the best.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
IME Discover always makes credit available on the same day they process your payment. Of course one should always check how much credit is available before making a large purchase.
However, I experienced one inconvenience with Discover Miles -- it was impossible to make a cash redemption of miles online. No linked accounts were showing up on the redemption page. I called and a rep offerred to redeem into a bank account. A week later I find out that didn't happen either. After a brief investigation by another phone rep, they reported that the bank deposit was 'unsuccessful' and they opted for mailing me a paper check. I'm still waiting for that check and hoping for the best.
That's not my experience -- this is the second time it took longer than 4 days to get my CL back after payment. The first time I was checking online every day, so I just delayed my trip to the Simon mall, but this time I forgot. I have a cashback card -- maybe that's the difference.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lumangoy
how did you pay? from discover or externally?
I paid online at the Discover site from my linked CU account about noon on the 14th. The balance was zero by the evening of the 14th, and I received a 'payment posted' email the next morning, but I still don't have my CL back. This happened before, and it took 5 days. Interestingly, they raised my CL by $3600 between those two instances.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:06 pm

That's not my experience -- this is the second time it took longer than 4 days to get my CL back after payment. The first time I was checking online every day, so I just delayed my trip to the Simon mall, but this time I forgot. I have a cashback card -- maybe that's the difference.
The same thing has been happening on my accounts. Pay bill in full and then only a small portion is available. This is true for 4/4 accounts.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:53 am

I paid online at the Discover site from my linked CU account about noon on the 14th. The balance was zero by the evening of the 14th, and I received a 'payment posted' email the next morning, but I still don't have my CL back. This happened before, and it took 5 days.
I always program payments from a sending account. They usually arrive as cleared funds the next or 2nd biz day.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I always program payments from a sending account. They usually arrive as cleared funds the next or 2nd biz day.
Since I'm paying off the account when the charge appears, this wouldn't make sense for me. In any case, I doubt this method would change the delay in restoring CL -- the funds do clear leaving $0 balance, but the CL doesn't come back until many days later. It still isn't back.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by zGhOst
Where else can I get Simon VGC in Central FL? Can AGC be loaded to serve in FL?
The friendly Simon rep at Paddock told me today that she was re-hired, and believes they will still sell cards, but is uncertain what type and what the fees will be.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:28 pm

Anyone else getting "debit not available" tonight?

Last edited by CFFrost; Oct 19, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:31 pm

I paid online at the Discover site from my linked CU account about noon on the 14th. The balance was zero by the evening of the 14th, and I received a 'payment posted' email the next morning, but I still don't have my CL back. This happened before, and it took 5 days. Interestingly, they raised my CL by $3600 between those two instances.
Not the same thing by any means but I had a discover card in college in the late 90s and I would sometime send my payment 3 weeks early and still get a late fee. .... those guys

Note to self: churn those .......s hard
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Anyone else getting "debit not available" tonight?
Only at WM
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CWAL
The friendly Simon rep at Paddock told me today that she was re-hired, and believes they will still sell cards, but is uncertain what type and what the fees will be.
Probably Glimcher VISAs at $2 a card.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Didn't see a Macerich thread, but thought this may be similiar. Can I use an OVGC to purchase a GC from Macerich? I think Macerich has a limited time promo for no activation fees. Would love to swap out my OVGC for a standard VGC so I can load the full amount in one swipe to Serve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.