Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Evolve Money

Might as well open another account to pay another car payment. Who cares if the account is blocked later.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
lol@ "enhance"....

3% is pure unadulterated greed with respect to debit cards.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Game over and sad to see that they are going bankrupt.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure the discount rate for exempt banks is about 1.5%.

At 3%, who would bother using a prepaid card or a debit card from an exempt bank?

So smart!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:39 pm

Will this impact Paypal business debit? I'm still moving some $$ off there...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Pretty sure the discount rate for exempt banks is about 1.5%.

At 3%, who would bother using a prepaid card or a debit card from an exempt bank?

So smart!
The question is why they think anyone with a debit card from an exempt bank would ever use evolvemoney when they most likely have free billpay from said exempt bank.

It's an absolutely comical that chargesmart.com is now cheaper to use
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:41 pm

Before next week, trying to use evolve to unload some AAA gift cards. I saw Amazon retail store card as a possible bill to pay. It asks for Amazon username and password. Never saw a request for that kind of info before. Strange...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by nic3456
I'm fairly certain that this new policy was made specifically for this card and gift cards.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm fairly certain that this new policy was made specifically for this card and gift cards.
Interestingly enough, Square Cash does not recognize the Walgreens Balance Financial Card as a prepaid card, it only says "card not supported" when I attempted to use it.

I'd say there's still a small sliver of hope that Bancorp issued prepaid cards won't be charged the fee.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I really wish these MOFO's would FOff and stop contacting me I want nothing to do with them any more

Dear Valued Customer,

Evolve Money is dedicated to giving you the power to pay your bills whenever, wherever and however you like. We know that having the ability to pay by debit cards is important to many of our users.

Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

This Bill Pay Fee will be waived for most major debit cards, cash load packs and Evolve Money credits. You can continue to use these payment methods free-of-charge.

Note: In the payment summary you will see the new fee amount when using a debit card for which the Bill Pay Fee has not been waived. If the debit card you are attempting to use has a fee, you will have the option to change your payment method before you complete a payment. We will send you a reminder before this change takes place.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We will continue to enhance Evolve Money with the features you request, such as the recent addition of payment by VISA, MasterCard and Discover credit cards. Plus, we have some more big changes we think you will like coming very soon.

If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at [email protected]. As always, thanks for your continued support of Evolve Money.

The Evolve Money Team

Oh well !

Like most here, I guess I'll be scratching Evolve off my list.

Will look into the economics of cash load packs.

Have no idea what "Evolve Money Credits" are.

Anyone?

I do thank them for their services over the past year or so.

Wish they weren't such greedy pigs.

You can't go from zero to 3% with this crowd and expect to keep any of the
business.

So if there is someone from Evolve Money reading this..I wish you' all
a lot of luck!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by nic3456
I think the exemption is based on the small bank exemption in the Durbin Amendment. Banks with under $10 billion in assets are allowed to charge higher interchange fees, so Evolve is apparently trying to recover those. However, it says that ALL prepaid debit cards and gift cards will get the 3% fee, regardless of the size of the bank. I don't think the Paypal card will fall under this definition, but this is Evolve so who knows.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:22 pm

Assuming the PPBDMC will be included in the 3% group, it MIGHT still be worth it as a convenient way to unload PP My Cash cards. IF I had easy and unlimited access to these cards (which I don't), I could still come out ahead. For each $500 MC card, I can get 5% back ($25) from my CC and 1% back from PP ($5) for $4 fee. That's net +$26. Add on 3% ($15), I would still be up $11. Of course, this would only be after I maxxed out the $1000/mo debit load on my Redbird. This really is the easiest way to unload PP MC cards that I know of, other than RB.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:32 pm

Why is Evolve even discussed here?

This service is, and always has been, worthless.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by sybloc
Why is Evolve even discussed here?

This service is, and always has been, worthless.
I used it to pay my law school loans, each of which had separate account numbers (8). I was therefore able to manufacture spend in excess of 3k a month through evolve paying down loans.

I'm completely incensed by this change. I understand the need for them to turn a profit but 3% is ridiculous.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
hmm, i wonder what is going to happen to two payments i scheduled to charge in march. they have no fee attached to them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.