Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by FormallyKnownAs
Anyone having problems paying with NW Buxx card? I keep getting the error:

Please check that the card information you've entered is correct (CA17)
I guess it was a glitch. Made a couple payments successfully today
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
When I have utilities with flat service fees, like the garbage collection at my office, I just pay 10x at once and let the balance get whittled away by future bills.

In this era of no interest, it's worth it for me.
^ Yep, also useful for making minimum spend on a new cc. Pay utilities, phone or internet, etc in advance. I've never yet had the payee not credit my account for my over payment, nor has anyone objected. I guess they like getting the float when I pay in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm

Has anyone split payment between ReLoadits and Debit? I used a ReLoadit last night to pay $500 on a mortgage and want to pay the balance (under 500) with a debit card but it's telling me I have exceeded my number of debit payments for this month.

I have sent a note to support but haven't heard anything back just yet.

Since ReLoadits are hard to come by for me, I'd prefer to ration their use.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:07 am
mft

just created a new payment acct with evolve and went to make a payment. got this message:

Your payment to this Account cannot be completed at this time. You may have exceeded the total number of payments to this account for this month. You should be able to make additional payments next month. (e736)

does evolve have a new policy about new accts? today is jan 3 (saturday). i have never made an evolve payment with this email address nor this acct #

Last edited by mft; Jan 3, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by deekay38
Has anyone split payment between ReLoadits and Debit? I used a ReLoadit last night to pay $500 on a mortgage and want to pay the balance (under 500) with a debit card but it's telling me I have exceeded my number of debit payments for this month.

I have sent a note to support but haven't heard anything back just yet.

Since ReLoadits are hard to come by for me, I'd prefer to ration their use.

It's one payment per month per account. No matter the amount whether it be $1 or the maximum $999
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Trinob
It's one payment per month per account. No matter the amount whether it be $1 or the maximum $999
There are exceptions. Not all vendors are limited to one debit payment (Even though TOS says so)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Trinob
It's one debit payment a month. You can make multiple payments via reloadits, as long as you have'nt made a debit one already. In the past I have been able to make a debit payment after making reloadit payments. But last month I couldn't. I received the same message as OP. I think this is another new change from evolve .
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by mft
just created a new payment acct with evolve and went to make a payment. got this message:

Your payment to this Account cannot be completed at this time. You may have exceeded the total number of payments to this account for this month. You should be able to make additional payments next month. (e736)

does evolve have a new policy about new accts? today is jan 3 (saturday). i have never made an evolve payment with this email address nor this acct #
How are you trying to pay? If credit, they made a change mid month that certain billers could not be paid via cc. Perhaps this is why you are getting this error.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:53 pm
mft

Originally Posted by JohnnyCash
How are you trying to pay? If credit, they made a change mid month that certain billers could not be paid via cc. Perhaps this is why you are getting this error.
using debit. or at least trying to. after i entered the payment amount and tried to hit "next" (or whatever the button is), it immediately gives the error message.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:31 pm

I just tried to pay by debit and also received the same message. really weird. I hope this is just some kind of glitch.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
Any time frame on when they will support Visa and MasterCard credit? They say they have plans on supporting them in 2015.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by PlyrStar93
Any time frame on when they will support Visa and MasterCard credit? They say they have plans on supporting them in 2015.
I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93
Even if they roll this out, it will be extremely limited. They limited the payments that you could make with Discover. Other cc's will be same.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:51 am

Even if they roll this out, it will be extremely limited. They limited the payments that you could make with Discover. Other cc's will be same.
I was thinking exactly the same when will Visa/MasterCard roll out in 2015.. If it is true, that "limited payee(?)/payment" sounds like a huge disappointment.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:31 am

It's one debit payment a month. You can make multiple payments via reloadits, as long as you have'nt made a debit one already. In the past I have been able to make a debit payment after making reloadit payments. But last month I couldn't. I received the same message as OP. I think this is another new change from evolve .
You can do 1 debit and then multiple reloadits. Ive done this every month since they started restricting debits (including dec and now jan). Although Ive never tried doing the reverse, reloadits and then debit, I assumed as fail of a company as evolve is, that they would probably detect a previous payment, debit or not, and bomb on a payment using debit after that, so I have not tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.