Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Anyone already done with their Chase Freedom 5% at gas stations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone already done with their Chase Freedom 5% at gas stations?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Del Boca Vista anyone? PM me.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:49 pm

This is for anyone in the Upstate NY area, parts of VT, western Mass. I have been able to buy gas, coffee, milk, and preload gas cards with my Freedom card at the local gas convenience chain and the 5x points for all purchases showed up on my Freedom card statement. I am going to buy enough gas cards ($500) to keep me going for the 3 months between Freedom 5x gas quarters. They have Greendot cards, but I haven't tried to buy them. PM me if you can't figure out the local chain. (Hint: St*w*rts)

Last edited by UpstatePoints; Feb 11, 2014 at 12:50 pm Reason: clarity
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:55 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
No problem with Paypal and Amazon GCs here in Central Florida 7-11s! No go on VRs, the register wouldn't even take it.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a way to split payments between 2 credit cards at 7-11s? Before I knew about these stores selling gift cards with CC (just got the card), I used it make normal gas purchases so I have less than $1500 left to spend. However, I also have a Sallie Mae Mastercard that has 5% gas on up to $250/month. So I wanted to use the Sallie Mae to offset the amount that I have already spent on my Freedom and still get the full 5% on the GC purchase.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
why not. do you personally know the cashier? if so, would be nice.
i got 2 freedoms, will he or she allow me to buy 6 $ $500 each?

to get 5% from 711, does it have to be one with gas station or any of those 711 that doesn't sell gas will work?
Which one in DG works? and what prepaid did you buy? Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Del Boca Vista anyone? PM me.
You think you can keep us out of Del Boca Vista...we're moving in lock stock and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool, we're gonna be in the clubhouse, we're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayday23
You think you can keep us out of Del Boca Vista...we're moving in lock stock and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool, we're gonna be in the clubhouse, we're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court...
You just keep your Cadillac out of my canal.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by belltower
Could somebody help me with DC or Northern Virgina (via PM)? That would nice. I know some good C-V-S.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Northern Virginia

Could anyone help with locations in Northern Va? PM me. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:28 pm

can anyone help in central nj
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:40 am

Wide variety of gift cards at which gas stations on Chase Freedom list? (N. Carolina)

While it seems this thread is mostly about finding -4 locations selling a certain prepaid card, accepting payment with a CC, and having it post as a non-cash transaction, I have a different question. In my view, really not MS at all:

Which qualifying gas station chains on the Chase Freedom 5% quarterly gas station bonus have the largest variety of gift cards of all kinds--I mean Amazon.com, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Any? What about Truck Stops? Also, of course, the gift cards must be able to be purchase with the Chase Freedom and post as regular transactions. I don't see this as MS at all. More as the Traditional practice of deferring future purchases to meet a Bonus Threshold in the present.

Interested specifically in the Central NC area (Raleigh). But anything along I-40 would work as well. If there is a separate, non-MS related Chase Freedom thread discussing how to maximize spend at approved gas stations, please share. :-)
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Which qualifying gas station chains on the Chase Freedom 5% quarterly gas station bonus have the largest variety of gift cards of all kinds--I mean Amazon.com, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Any?
I'd love to hear if Target gift cards can be purchased anywhere other than at Target.....gas stations, grocery stores, etc. I've never seen them anywhere except AT Target.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

One of the Speedways that I frequent (and also can get OV's, etc. there), has a GC rack like CVS. Due to them being a franchise, I know a bunch that don't even have phone cards, so it's YMMV, but it's probably worth checking out a few.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Target gift cards

Originally Posted by DarcyMae
I'd love to hear if Target gift cards can be purchased anywhere other than at Target.....gas stations, grocery stores, etc. I've never seen them anywhere except AT Target.
Although off-topic for this thread, I get Target gift cards at grocery stores (Safeway at least) in my area.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:50 pm

Looking for Vanilla Reload in DC area

Hi friends,

Like everyone else, I'm trying to fulfill my Chase Freedom spend and am desperately trying to find gas stations in the DC area that will take CC for the Vanilla Reload Cards. I've already been turned at two 711s in Silver Spring, MD. I appreciate any tips! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.