Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:04 am

Visa GC/ Walmart

Sorry. Incorrect pin was problem on bricked sunnies
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by prestonv
Lost $6 per card but less hassle than arguing with gift card company.
$5 per card ?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:33 pm

How to reset the pin for the sunrise visa gift card?

Sorry. Incorrect pin was problem on bricked sunnies
How to reset the pin for the sunrise visa gift card?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: N/A
Data point

I bought a sunnie today at WM (the celebrate design). When I tried to unload it at KATE, it asked me to put in the PIN. I put in the last 4 digits as PIN but it asked me for PIN again. This time when I put in the PIN, KATE showed my PIN on the screen. This kept happening after 3-4 tries to I gave up. Tried going to FD to unload but when I swiped the sunnie, the register said "visa tender not allowed". I have loaded at this FD with non-WM sunnies before so this must be a problem isolated to WM sunnie. Goodbye to buying sunnie from Wallyworld for me.

Last edited by craider; Nov 8, 2015 at 5:58 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:08 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by craider
I bought a sunnie today at WM (the celebrate design). When I tried to unload it at KATE, it asked me to put in the PIN. I put in the last 4 digits as PIN but it asked me for PIN again. This time when I put in the PIN, KATE showed my PIN on the screen. This kept happening after 3-4 tries to I gave up. Tried going to FD to unload but when I swiped the sunnie, the register said "visa tender not allowed". I have loaded at this FD with non-WM sunnies before so this must be a problem isolated to WM sunnie. Goodbye to buying sunnie from Wallyworld for me.
Same problem. Any solution out there?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Sounds like sunnies are to be avoided, green dots sound like they are still safe. With the holidays approaching, I've seen ample stock of both at my local locations.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:08 pm

I have bought 3 gc from sunnie with a green gift box with gold ribbon design today. And I unloaded all 3 onto bluebird without problem.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Quote:

Lost $6 per card but less hassle than arguing with gift card company.

$5 per card ?
$5.44 per card
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:55 pm

$4.94
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by lancaster
I have bought 3 gc from sunnie with a green gift box with gold ribbon design today. And I unloaded all 3 onto bluebird without problem.
That's old stock. I used to buy those relentlessly.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Lucky888
Sunnies were unable to be purchased together at 3 different walmarts today. Back to one by one.
Same with GDs today. One by one triggered a fraud alert pretty soon. This is a real hassle.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:59 am

GDGCs with penguin and reindeer designs both loaded easily to Serve and BB last night. I don't hoard any of these GCs because they seem to be flakey lately.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:01 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Anyone have this issue?

Yesterday, I had a problem at two different Walmarts.

I swiped new cards purchased the day before. Each time it said "Alternate Payment Required". I did not bring extra cards with me, so we had to cancel the transactions. I get home and check the cards online.... each show a "Completed" transaction at the time I got declined. Anyone know how many days it takes for that to get reversed? Or will this be a problem?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended

$5.44 per card
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
$4.94
Before anyone start arguing, there are 2 different priced cards.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:48 am

Upthread, prestonv posted:

Used 2 of my bricked sunnies (pin not allowed) to buy 2 GD gift cards ($494 each). Had to change tender to run as CC as register wanted to run them as debit.
I've never had to utilize the quick-change payment method, as I have a reliable KATE and do my MO and BP elsewhere. But, am I remembering it incorrectly, or wasn't the entire point that when swiped the GC ran as CREDIT and the change payment technique was needed to run it as a DEBIT with a pin, as they didn't allow CREDIT CARDS for MO and BP ?

So, which is it, what happens when you swipe sunnies as payment without any special techniques ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.