Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
something very weird just happened to me. I tried to load blue bird at kate, money center and in the checkout line. Each one failed and I have a "debit not available" receipt from each one. I get home and see that I have a email from bluebird saying "your bluebird POS reload was successful" I check my bluebird account and there is $500 in there. How in the hell did that happen?? I have 3 failed transaction receipts?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:26 pm

sounds like WM is going to lose some $$$ with this software update
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mustang281man
something very weird just happened to me. I tried to load blue bird at kate, money center and in the checkout line. Each one failed and I have a "debit not available" receipt from each one. I get home and see that I have a email from bluebird saying "your bluebird POS reload was successful" I check my bluebird account and there is $500 in there. How in the hell did that happen?? I have 3 failed transaction receipts?
I just checked the balance of all 3 gc and they all still have an available balance of $500. I don't know what the hell happened?!?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Isn't there some kind of legal issue by taking away the cards ability to be processed as a debit card? I would think if visa/mastercard gc HAVE to be PIN enabled that would make me think that retailers would HAVE to allow them to be processed as such. Thoughts?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
OV worked at around 11 this morning (pacific). Not working now at 5:30pm. Metabank working.

This was at both kiosk and counter. Employee mentioned 2 others earlier in afternoon had trouble.

Last edited by amolkold; Jun 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:42 pm

Kate wasn't even turned on at my go-to WM...didn't try at the registers.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by psone
Went to load bb, serve, BP. All failed. Done a million times. Alternative payment method required. Tried multiple OV cards. Multiple registers. These agents are as surprised as me. They see me often. Anyone else?
+1 datapoint with OVs. I tried registers first then Money Center (change payment seemed to work...went all the way to entering PIN and looked normal...until alternate payment method required popped up).

To add - the cashier was as surprised as me and gave me the error receipt - it says "Debit Not Available Appr. Code = 94" (after a first line that I assume includes identifying information).

I always tried $500 per swipe...maybe $100 or less works per speculation in other thread.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Well either the fat lady is starting to sing or Wallys computers are having alot of problems today.

Relax the time to panic is tomorrow or Friday if things dont go back to working normally by then
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:04 pm

Can't Load OV at Kate or register!

Walked in... Loaded first BB card with 2 Giftcardmall $500 visas... Reloaded fine. Then walked to kate and tried to load partner's BB card with two OV $500 gc starting with 494159... Got the "Alternate Tender Required" or "Debit Not Available" message. Then proceeded to another cashier with same OV's and got the same error message. The sky is falling, and Soilent Green IS People!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:04 pm

Same here at my local WM. Tried two different OVs with different $ amounts which resulted in same issues as above.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Could you guys please post the error codes that your getting when attempting to load? It seems like there may be a couple different codes being spat out.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by mustang281man
You just made $500. Cash out from BB account and enjoy!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ftomasze
Could you guys please post the error codes that your getting when attempting to load? It seems like there may be a couple different codes being spat out.
Mine was 96 at kiosk and register.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:18 pm

96 here as well. Should have checked FT before going to load. Worked fine when I used my T-Mo card to load.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:21 pm

Is there a surefire way to transfer OV balances to any other debit card? I have a few (non-bank account) personalized debit cards from various things, but have not figured out a way to load them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.