Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by perkunas
Where does the word "gebit" come from? Gift card & debit?
yes
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by perkunas
Where does the word "gebit" come from? Gift card & debit?
exaxtly
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Update: Having waited more than 2 business days, I decided to call back the number I received from Blackhawk's "level 2" team informing me my Fivebacks had manually been credited the promotional load. It must have been the employee's direct line because the same person answered and remembered me. In any event, I gave her my case number for the unactivated VGCs and it didn't sound like anyone had worked on it. She promised to look into it and call me back shortly. Received a call from her 5 minutes later asking for the GCM order number as her system wasn't showing these VGCs were purchased via GCM. Provided that - 40 minutes later she calls me up, says she found the record and activated them for me. Already drained at WM. She couldn't really explain why they had been shipped unactivated.
same thing happened to me but a CSR called me from GCM and activated the cards and nice i confirmed my order number
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:53 pm

Today at my go to Walmart in PA, I was informed that they will no longer allow split payments for MO, i.e. four swipes. The CSR said she didn't know why it changed, so I don't know if this was just store specific or Regional or what. I'm guessing the register will allow it, just not this individual store based on their policy. I was still able to buy MO by paying the fee in cash and swiping one card.

Side note: The CSR told me she was going to have to inform the other guy that comes in there and does it too, which I found interesting because I wasn't sure if there were other MSers in my area

Last edited by stuntgoats; Dec 28, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:00 pm

Just did 2 MO for $1000 each with 4 swipes at WMNM in WA.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:50 pm

I went to buy another 2 MO for $1000 each with 4 swipes at WMNM at 8:30 p.m. with no problem.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:08 pm

Money order issues

Quick questions,
I sent out two $999.30 MO (I bought it from Walmart) in one envelope to pay my American express payment on 12/28/2016. AE receive it on 12/30/2016, but they only posted one payment $999.30 online. I used online chat with them to find out what's going on with my MO for $999.30. She told me to wait for a couple days. Then I made another phone to customer service to find out which MO # has been processed. So I know which one didn’t go through.

Any questions for my case?
do I just wait for a couple and pray for it?
Hopefully, Someone pick it up and processed my MO.
Or I need to fill out the form to request refund from Moneygram??

Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by hp9688
Quick questions,
I sent out two $999.30 MO (I bought it from Walmart) in one envelope to pay my American express payment on 12/28/2016. AE receive it on 12/30/2016, but they only posted one payment $999.30 online. I used online chat with them to find out what's going on with my MO for $999.30. She told me to wait for a couple days. Then I made another phone to customer service to find out which MO # has been processed. So I know which one didn’t go through.

Why are you sending money orders through the mail and not depositing them into your bank account and using automatic payments? You're just asking for trouble and greater scrutiny sending MO payments.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by hp9688
Quick questions,

Those payments that people send in envelopes are processed by machine. If you send 2 checks or MOs one gets destroyed. You have to call MO verification to see which check was not cashed yet.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Those payments that people send in envelopes are processed by machine. If you send 2 checks or MOs one gets destroyed. You have to call MO verification to see which check was not cashed yet.
Thanks for your help. Today is Saturday. I dont think they will process the MO today. I guess, I will wait for normal business working day and call MO to check. ^
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Please continue this discussion in the new thread for 2017.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...rt-2017-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.