Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Hbax
I assure you, I was being quite sincere. You're obviously unaware just how much many WM employees HATE the KATES.
Ha!

I was actually being sincere when I thanked you for being sincere (someone immediately prior to your reply decided it was easier to just mock me).

Further proof of the limitations of online communication I guess (or maybe just my own limitations).

Thanks again!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:58 am

Sorry for newb question. Still new to MS. Planning to uses Serve OneVIP.

There are no WM near me so I don't plan to use it as my main method of loading, but there are a few near my parents that I was thinking might come in handy when I am out that way.

Trying to figure out which have Kate. Looked at the links in the wiki and found one that it a bit far out there. Using WM locator, it is my understanding that as long as it says WM Money Center Express there will be a Kate. I found another much closer that doesn't list a money center but lists bluebird. What does that mean in terms of serve in general and kate speciically?...or do I have to just go look?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Radster
Ha!

I was actually being sincere when I thanked you for being sincere (someone immediately prior to your reply decided it was easier to just mock me).
I'm afraid you're confused.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
Sorry for newb question. Still new to MS. Planning to uses Serve OneVIP.

There are no WM near me so I don't plan to use it as my main method of loading, but there are a few near my parents that I was thinking might come in handy when I am out that way.

Trying to figure out which have Kate. Looked at the links in the wiki and found one that it a bit far out there. Using WM locator, it is my understanding that as long as it says WM Money Center Express there will be a Kate. I found another much closer that doesn't list a money center but lists bluebird. What does that mean in terms of serve in general and kate speciically?...or do I have to just go look?
Whether or not there is a Kate isn't the issue. The real issue is whether or not a particular Kate actually works. Many don't even if they're listed. Your best bet is to hit the pavement and check our your locations. Using the WM locator is no substitute.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:51 pm

Vanilla loads on Kate

I got stuck with a $500 Vanilla card and tried it at WMT for the first time. I loaded $45 successfully but it would not accept the card a second time.

Other cards worked, so is there a limit of once a day or what for amounts <$50 using a Vanilla GC?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:11 am

Even though my Kate still says I can only load $1 to $1000 per day, I was able to load $1999.99 just this morning.

I'm glad she's back up. I probably should have left a sticky note as it will certainly trigger the velocity limit if someone tried to load after 10 minutes or whatever it is now.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:19 pm

Hi,

Do you know which Walmart locations have KATE machines? I know the one near Space Center has one.

Thanks!

Many
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingCOS
Yesterday I was in my local Walmart in Colorado Springs. There was actually a tech working on the kiosk. Will be checking today to see if everything will be up and running. I would bet it will still not be working but a guy can hope right.

Do you know other Walmart locations besides the one near Space Center that have a KATE machine?

Thanks!

Manny
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:17 pm

todays results

-loaded one $45 OV via KATE. Didn't try a second, just wanted to see if I could.

-drained the rest of that OV and another on a MO at Giant

-filled the rest of BB via MGCs.. bought food and waited about 20 mins between loads of 1000/1455. happy days!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
Whether or not there is a Kate isn't the issue. The real issue is whether or not a particular Kate actually works. Many don't even if they're listed. Your best bet is to hit the pavement and check our your locations. Using the WM locator is no substitute.
Also, you can load with cashiers. That is what I've been doing, even if there is a KATE around. I always show that I'm loading a Serve and always have my bank-issued debit card in hand, just in case they want to see it, with my 2 500 GC's behind it. Then, once they say okay, I just swipe my GC and once approved, put it in my back pocket.

I stick to 2 500 GC's per cashier and here in SoCal, we have tons of cashier lanes, so I just alternate.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by FrankZap
I got stuck with a $500 Vanilla card and tried it at WMT for the first time. I loaded $45 successfully but it would not accept the card a second time.

Other cards worked, so is there a limit of once a day or what for amounts <$50 using a Vanilla GC?

I've never had a problem doing multiple loads of 49.99.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by ClimbVy
Hi,

Do you know which Walmart locations have KATE machines? I know the one near Space Center has one.

Thanks!

Many
Welcome to the forum.
Please consider reading the Wiki at the top of the page... you'll find your answer there.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Gimpyknee
Welcome to the forum.
Please consider reading the Wiki at the top of the page... you'll find your answer there.
That's incorrect. Unless you are counting those new ATMs that don't allow you to load Gebits to BB/Serve as Kates. I don't and it sounds like the person who you responded is looking for a Kate where you can load Gebits.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
That's incorrect. Unless you are counting those new ATMs that don't allow you to load Gebits to BB/Serve as Kates. I don't and it sounds like the person who you responded is looking for a Kate where you can load Gebits.
My mistake then.
I was under the impression that the link for:

was the ticket.
Based on my personal experience in my local area - anything on this list that has "Money Center Express" does have a (personally verified) KATE. The WM's on this link that do not say they have an MCE do not (again, personally verified) have KATEs, but do have ATMs. I have only checked/compared all the WM's in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and 2/3 of the ones in Chesapeake - but my observations of KATE are 100% in line with stores on this link that have MCE in the services.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Gimpyknee
My mistake then.
I was under the impression that the link for:

was the ticket.
Based on my personal experience in my local area - anything on this list that has "Money Center Express" does have a (personally verified) KATE. The WM's on this link that do not say they have an MCE do not (again, personally verified) have KATEs, but do have ATMs. I have only checked/compared all the WM's in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and 2/3 of the ones in Chesapeake - but my observations of KATE are 100% in line with stores on this link that have MCE in the services.
There are several locations near me that are listed as having a MoneyCenter Express. They used to have the old Kates, but they were pulled out a couple of months ago and replaced with the new ATM that doesn't allow you to load BB/Serve. Unfortunately, that website's no longer reliable for locating MSable Kates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.