Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
I just recently started using Walmart Bill Pay !! Man I have been missing this MS factory for so long.

One quick question. Anyone tried paying CitiMortgage with Checkfree BillPay? I went to the nearby walmart and the Money Center Customer service insisted that CitiMortgage is not included and asked for the 4 digit number that indicated the CitiMortgage.

What payee do I make it to for paying CitiMortgage?

Thanks again and keep up the great work !!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I have no idea really. But I've never heard of anyone paying a mortgage with Checkfree. Bill pay to credit cards, yes, but not a mortgage.

You might be able to pay it with Evolve, depends if it's in their system or not. Even then the limit is $1K per month. And of course you can pay it with BB, either thru BB BP, or even write a BB check.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ketelone
I just recently started using Walmart Bill Pay !! Man I have been missing this MS factory for so long.

One quick question. Anyone tried paying CitiMortgage with Checkfree BillPay? I went to the nearby walmart and the Money Center Customer service insisted that CitiMortgage is not included and asked for the 4 digit number that indicated the CitiMortgage.

What payee do I make it to for paying CitiMortgage?

Thanks again and keep up the great work !!
I've paid CitiMortgage on occasion and never any problems. It costs $1 for a three-day payment. Make sure the clerk knows the spelling. The first time I tried to pay CitiMortage, the clerk said it wasn't in the system. Turns out, she spelled it "City Mortgage"
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:56 pm

Dummy question for Walmart BP, so I would like to pay my Chase Ink Business Visa CC at Walmart using my Visa BUXX NW Nationwide Debit card, do I just walk up to the cashier (NOT the Money Center) and say I would like to pay my VISA CC Bill?

Cause I went to WM Money center and told them I want to pay my chase bill and CS gave me some moneygram form that made no sense to me, Sorry folks I'm new to WM BP.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Cause I went to WM Money center and told them I want to pay my chase bill and CS gave me some moneygram form that made no sense to me, Sorry folks I'm new to WM BP.

Go tell the rep that you want to use CheckFree BillPay and the payee is
Bestbuy - Chase. No moneygram form needed.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
The first time I tried to pay CitiMortage, the clerk said it wasn't in the system. Turns out, she spelled it "City Mortgage"
thanks a lot !! I will try it out tomorrow and report.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:29 am

Go tell the rep that you want to use CheckFree BillPay and the payee is
Bestbuy - Chase. No moneygram form needed.

Thanks Ill try it out, can I do BP @ Kmart?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:26 am

thanks a lot !! I will try it out tomorrow and report.
Yes, please let us know how it goes. I'm interested in doing this, too.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:41 pm

I tried to do a split payment BP today to my Arrival+ card. This particular cashier has helped me load BB and sold me MO on split payment (so she knows how to do split payments). The register would not take split payment any which way she tried. When we finally decided to abort the whole transaction she hit the button to pay the whole amount on one card - and that failed as well. So perhaps Arrival+ is going cash only.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by mateo9999
I tried to do a split payment BP today to my Arrival+ card. This particular cashier has helped me load BB and sold me MO on split payment (so she knows how to do split payments). The register would not take split payment any which way she tried. When we finally decided to abort the whole transaction she hit the button to pay the whole amount on one card - and that failed as well. So perhaps Arrival+ is going cash only.
Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with the Arrival+ MASTERCARD
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by exarkun
Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with the Arrival+ MASTERCARD

I don't get it, why does it have nothing to do with it, and why the bold caps for MasterCard?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge

I don't get it, why does it have nothing to do with it, and why the bold caps for MasterCard?
Some things has nothing to do with anything. Everything in this world does not have to always make sense and every question does not have answers so, do not make assumptions, Just try again!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Some things has nothing to do with anything. Everything in this world does not have to always make sense and every question does not have answers so, do not make assumptions, Just try again!
Oh, Jabberwocky, of course.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by mateo9999
Split payments for BP is done differently that BB and MOs. They enter the amount of each card after each swipe (while you're entering your PIN).

Go back and suggest she wait to enter the amount until after you enter your PIN.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:46 am

Had a strange situation today when I went in to make two separate bill payments. First, I paid ~$1400 to my USAir Mastercard no problem.

Then I did a BP for $799 to the Chase Ink Visa. The cashier used "Best Buy - Chase", goes through the whole thing and then asked for my drivers license. I said that's weird, it usually doesn't ask for that. She said she knew and thought it was weird, too. I had to enter my social on the pin pad and God knows how much info she was typing in on her end (it took a minute or two).

I didn't protest since she was the only one at customer service and the line was getting long and people were getting antsy. Just weird it asked for it for such a relatively low amount. Maybe "Best Buy - Chase" is now coded this way? Maybe the rep selected on option that required this info?

Anyone with similar experiences when paying Chase? Thoughts? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.