Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Giftcards.com offer

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by Jerfer
I seen your post earlier about the CSR saying it doesn't come with a PIN.

I used a Visa Bancorp Bank card before without a problem. It has Vanilla Gift on the front. Yours probably has something else, but what phone number and website are on the back? On mine it says:

Phone #: 1-800-571-1376

I didn't have to call or use the website to set a PIN with my card. I had to pick a PIN when it asked for it at the POS terminal. I would go try to use the card to see if it asks you for a PIN. If there's no place to set it by calling or using the website then customer service probably doesn't know a PIN can be used.
The phone number on mine is just the Giftcards.com phone number which is 1-877-944-3822. I tried using at pay at pump again this morning and it asked for pin. I entered last four digits of the gift card and it said incorrect pin so I switched over to credit.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:56 am

OK guys, this thread is about giftcards.com not vanilla visas.

My cards are visa gift card issued by bancorp. It says giftcards.com on the front with a design of space.

I called in again a few mins ago and asked to set my pin, the rep said I could not. I said they are breaking the law and all visa and mc gift cards should have a pin. She said "breaking the law?" and I said by april 1st they are. I asked for my money back. She transfered me to someone who magically had the pins for all 9 of my giftcards. She was suspicious that I bought so many but I said nothing much.

Have not tried the pins, and I did not ask to change them.

Be persistent, ask for your money back, or to be transferred to someone who knows what they are doing.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by sanctified50
The phone number on mine is just the Giftcards.com phone number which is 1-877-944-3822. I tried using at pay at pump again this morning and it asked for pin. I entered last four digits of the gift card and it said incorrect pin so I switched over to credit.
Try using http://www.vanillavisa.com to log-in. On there you can reset the PIN to nothing, which would allow you to enter the PIN you want next time. You may not be able to log-in, but since it's the same type of card and bank there's a little hope that it just might.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drdrew450

My cards are visa gift card issued by bancorp. It says giftcards.com on the front with a design of space.

I called in again a few mins ago and asked to set my pin, the rep said I could not. I said they are breaking the law and all visa and mc gift cards should have a pin. She said "breaking the law?" and I said by april 1st they are. I asked for my money back. She transfered me to someone who magically had the pins for all 9 of my giftcards. She was suspicious that I bought so many but I said nothing much.

Be persistent, ask for your money back, or to be transferred to someone who knows what they are doing.
Now that is how you do it!^
Old May 10, 2013, 9:11 am

Good job drdrew450. I knew they had to have PINs. It seems like they're being told to say they don't due to the perceived fraud.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:22 am

Good job drdrew450. I knew they had to have PINs. It seems like they're being told to say they don't due to the perceived fraud.
I think they want you to swipe as credit cause they make much more money on a credit swipe vs a debit swipe.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:27 am

I think they want you to swipe as credit cause they make much more money on a credit swipe vs a debit swipe.
Yep, that makes even more sense.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:15 am

giftcards.com visa gc with pin worked to buy money order at wm
Old May 10, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
One more data point: I just called them and was able to get PIN for all 4 gift cards. I had to give last 8 digits of each gift card. I am yet to check if the PIN works but am positive.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:36 am

Try using http://www.vanillavisa.com to log-in. On there you can reset the PIN to nothing, which would allow you to enter the PIN you want next time. You may not be able to log-in, but since it's the same type of card and bank there's a little hope that it just might.
Tried that and it didn't take the account numbers, I even tried using their phone number, it looks like the first 8 digits of the account number are different, in fact when I called bancorp directly and chose the option to set a pin it asked me for the first 8 or 12 numbers and then transferred me over to giftcards.com
Old May 10, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by concordian
One more data point: I just called them and was able to get PIN for all 4 gift cards. I had to give last 8 digits of each gift card. I am yet to check if the PIN works but am positive.
after trying several times, I just called in now and asked for a pin and they asked for the last 8 numbers and just gave me the pins. I guess that once they were told that they have to supply a pin by law they now give it out without a problem.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:43 pm

The question now is if it can be used in WM to load the BB. I just tried using it at a local store as debit and it didn't work.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:06 pm

You, Sir, are one of the reasons why I love this country.
Well done. More ppl need to 'give em hell' rather than whimper quietly back into their holes.

Originally Posted by cbm11
The question now is if it can be used in WM to load the BB. I just tried using it at a local store as debit and it didn't work.
Are you sure your PIN is correct? Try running a $10 debit card transaction at the same register. If that works, try loading your BB. If it doesn't work then we may have problems....
Old May 11, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, AS, DL kettle
Had to wait on hold for a couple mins today, but had no problem getting PINs for the Visa/Bancorp non-custom cards I ordered last week. After the discount I paid about $12 in fees for 4 $500 cards. The real test (BB load) will follow soon.

EDIT: As others have since noted, it worked.

Last edited by plasmd; May 13, 2013 at 10:15 pm Reason: BB update.
Old May 11, 2013, 3:05 pm
jk2

I was able to load giftcards.com GC to BB using kiosk today without any problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.