Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Giftcards.com offer

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying and sleeping
[EXPIRED] Giftcards.com offer

Code "NEWGRAD" gets you $4 off a $500 Visa/MC gift card. $4.95 fee + $1.99 shipping on each gift card, so out of pocket is $502.94 for each card, shipped.

Not sure if you can add a PIN to them or not.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by djrez4
Code "NEWGRAD" gets you $4 off a $500 Visa/MC gift card. $4.95 fee + $1.99 shipping on each gift card, so out of pocket is $502.94 for each card, shipped.

Is there any way to find out which bank issues the cards?
Old May 2, 2013, 11:07 am

Smile

Originally Posted by businessmachine
Is there any way to find out which bank issues the cards?
Yes, on the bottom of the website it says:
The GiftCards.com Visa Gift Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Bancorp Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com Local Discover Gift Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Discover. Bancorp Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com Local Direct Gift Card is issued by Sutton Bank pursuant to a license from Discover. Sutton Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com MasterCard Gift Card is issued by CenterState Bank of Florida, NA pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Inc.
CenterState Bank of Florida, NA is a member of the FDIC.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by rexkwando
Yes, on the bottom of the website it says:
The GiftCards.com Visa Gift Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Bancorp Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com Local Discover Gift Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Discover. Bancorp Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com Local Direct Gift Card is issued by Sutton Bank pursuant to a license from Discover. Sutton Bank is a member of the FDIC.
The GiftCards.com MasterCard Gift Card is issued by CenterState Bank of Florida, NA pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Inc.
CenterState Bank of Florida, NA is a member of the FDIC.
So is it PIN enabled?
Old May 2, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by djrez4

Nice find!
Old May 2, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Bancorp Bank T&Cs

Originally Posted by groundhog
So is it PIN enabled?
Yes.

Found this from the website:

CARDHOLDER AGREEMENT

IMPORTANT – BE SURE TO PROVIDE TO THE GIFT CARD RECIPIENT

Terms and Conditions/Definitions for the Visa® Gift Card

Personal Identification Number

You will not receive a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) with your Card Account. However, you will receive a PIN once you have registered your Card with the requested information. You should not write or keep your PIN with your Card. Never share your PIN with anyone. When entering your PIN, be sure it cannot be observed by others and do not enter your PIN into any terminal that appears to be modified or suspicious. If you believe that anyone has gained unauthorized access to your PIN, you should advise us immediately following the procedures in the paragraph labeled “Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers.” To register your Card, call the customer service number, 1-866-208-3282 and provide the following information: Card number and 3 digit security code from the back of the Card, and then choose the “Hear PIN” option.

source: http://www.thebancorp.com/support/fisgift/terms/
Old May 2, 2013, 6:30 pm

Visa cards by Bancorp Bank will likely work because the Vanilla Visa I got supported by them worked fine for BB. I didn't have to register. It creates a PIN when you first use it with whatever PIN you enter at the time.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:17 pm

I'm going to use this image for my cards.

Old May 2, 2013, 8:58 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by theacolyte
I'm going to use this image for my cards.
Is that business class?

Last edited by mia; May 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm Reason: Please do not "quote" images.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:07 pm

pic costs more...

ordered 4 at once and code took $4 off each.

2007.76 total with shipping
Old May 2, 2013, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the awesome find =)
Old May 3, 2013, 5:19 am

Easy way to meet spends with not much cost.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450
pic costs more...

I find value in novelty and the absurd.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450
pic costs more...

I ordered 4 cards using the code, but paid $2011.76. How did you get it for $2007.76 ($4 less)?
Old May 3, 2013, 7:57 am

do not use a personalized picture. I searched for visa gift card on the site and then you can select a normal picture(still a large selection).

I understand paying up for a picture on a cc you use all the time, but I am going to unload these at walmart and never use them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.