Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bribro
I just realized I'm floating $44k in VRs right now... If all goes well everything will be liquidated in less than a month though.
Heh. Why doesn't this surprise me?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:44 pm

You can find it yourself. I'll give you a hint: it involved my observations during the HIGC shutdown.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Please provide your post and my response to it. It doesn't appear to be in this thread.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silver4300
You can find it yourself. I'll give you a hint: it involved my observations during the HIGC shutdown.
Then I am going to assume that you're misstating the exchange.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:47 pm

Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Jun 3, 2014 at 8:55 am
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zznoname
To enhance the world. To make others happy, smarter and for fun.

I'm selfish. Helping people makes me hapoy.

Born and raised ORD and living in the Loop for 30 years. I'm thinking this "I, I, Me, Me my" stuff simply doesn't work. The math is not in people's favor.

Looking out only for yourself. I like the odds better when all (many) are sharing.

Besides, it's a big, big, lie. People take, then take more, and then fight to keep others out.

What would any of us know if FT wasn't here to help?

Also... living like that makes your insides feel like crap. Maybe why so many in the states are so "grumoy'
Thumbs up to you.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
CVS Apocalypse

"When the CVS manager broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the Cary Chaney saying, 'Come.' I looked, and behold, a pale rider holding an pale memo; and its contents were Death to manufactured spending; and Financial Reviews followed with him."

With great regret, I report that the pale memo has reached one of my 3 CVSs (MGM). I watched with fascinated horror as the clerk pulled it from behind the counter and spake, in a voice of thunder, saying "NO MORE CREDIT CARDS AFTER 4/4! So let it be written, so let it be done!"

Andyandy
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silver4300
Making assumptions seems so unlike you. . .
I looked through this thread for what you claimed and didn't find anything, so I think I've done enough.

Everyone makes assumptions -- reasoning people don't then present those assumptions as fact.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AveApostle
Well, the Caremark Empire doesn't consider a small one-manager override to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Tronic has demonstrated a weakness in the POS station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this rack and skim the VRs to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust card, right below the main GCs. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Incomm. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is FR-shielded, so you'll have to use cards with your actual name on them.
best post of the day
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
I land at LAX in a couple of hours, will do the 'world tour' en route to the hotel.

As I live, at least until recently, in a CVSless state, I'm always picking these up when I'm out of town.
LA Update:

Store 1 VR $1000 daily limit paid with AXGC
Store 2 Cash only for VR allowed by to buy OV with CC
Store 3 All Gift cards cash only, period.
Store 4 $2500 daily limit, paid with CC. CSR "By the way April 4th is the last day for CC"
Store 5 I could only find 1 card paid with CC, no conversation.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:03 pm

Was able to buy a couple beans today using a known cashier.

Bought less then I wanted to because the bean hiding gremlin at my store has starting to find better hiding places. Or maybe they've stopped restocking them. Or both.

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by kingrat
VGC = is that vanilla gift card? so you bought 4 @ $500?
That's correct.

deleted

Last edited by rabatt; Apr 29, 2014 at 6:39 am
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:05 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Just got some from a store in Orlando
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus
Why is it that all you do is tell people that they don't know what they're talking about? Seriously, it's all you do. You post nothing other than "that's your opinion" or "you have no evidence" "I haven't seen any evidence" "you don't know what you're talking about". 12,000+ posts and that is all you say. It's extremely annoying.
exactly. PaulMSN is on ignore for me. unfortunately, people quoting his nonsense still shows up. as i said to him as i put him on ignore, he represents the epitome of talking to a brick wall. he believes his opinion, judgment, logic, ethics and intellect superior to all and thus his purpose here is to contribute nothing other than trolling topics so he can tell people whatever they said was wrong.

btw, be careful what you say. he'll flag your post so it can be deleted and mods can issue you a warning...

Last edited by uncommonsensical; Apr 1, 2014 at 4:07 pm Reason: btw...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by joxxie
can you pay your cc bill with someone else's BB ?

yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.