Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
It seems like FL is being hit hard by this. The massive amounts of fraud there make that seem likely. I will go to a CVS later tonight and update everyone.
Originally Posted by kingrat
Just told by two different managers in florida at two different stores no more credit cards for prepaid.
Interesting. I just hit two stores while I was out running errands. Both had average supply of VR and no mention of policy change.

Originally Posted by Red259
I'm a bit annoyed as this is all happening at the last minute. I am near my limit on my citi exec card and because my balance due last month was negative its not allowing me to pay down my balance on the website until the statement cuts in a week and a half. I did a push payment, but that won't kick in until 4/1 so I can not seem to free up enough credit to make anymore than another 1k purchase. I could use chase/amex cards I suppose, but I don't really like to MS with those lenders.
Call Citi (back of your card) and ask to make a debit card payment to your card. It posts nearly instantly and frees up your available balance. I did this about 2 hours before I ran out to stock up.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Chaney's Linked in entry says he's the Providence, Rhode Island area category manager. Does it extend that far south or did he get a sudden promotion not listed in Linked in?
That message was from headquarters (in Providence, RI).
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:13 pm

No, it's proof that a memo went out to CVS stores, maybe only regionally. That's it -- no linkage to anything else. I could just as easily say that it's proof that KYBOSH kills deals.

I hope you're as pleased as punch with yourself.
Originally Posted by Red259
+1 Kybosh ruined it for us all!
My Gawd... you're right!

I wish i would have killed it earlier before Paul had a chance to machine gun fire babyfood all over the place.

I'll try hard next time...promise.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:16 pm

Cant wait to see the rib cages start to show on the uninitiated....

How long do you think it'll be before they start fighting amongst themselves?

How long after that before they start eating each other? :P
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Cant wait to see the rib cages start to show on the uninitiated....

How long do you think it'll be before they start fighting amongst themselves?

How long after that before they start eating each other? :P
I already did in the parking lot an hour ago. My daughter kept yelling at me to take his ice cream.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Fuerza

Looks like its time to close Serve and go back to BlueBird. Lol
And my decision to NOT switch my 4 BB accounts to Serve despite the increased limits looks even better now....hoping that OV are spared...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:32 pm

deleted.
Nice comeback.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
I already did in the parking lot an hour ago. My daughter kept yelling at me to take his ice cream.
LOL

World World V(r)
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: 9W Gold, EY Plat
Maybe it's got to do with http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/28..._r=0&referrer= ?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KYBOSH
deleted.
Nice comeback.
Save the fights for the gift card racks! Know who the real enemy is!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:40 pm

Freedom Vs Mileage Plus Explorer

I've always used my Chase Freedom card for VR at CVS. I want to make the switch to use my MileagePlus Explorer from now on. So today I tried and it got denied for $500 twice. I also got a text message "Fraud" alert from Chase. So, I just paid with my freedom card, was accepted no problem, and went on my way..

Any ideas of what the issue is with the MileagePlus Explorer?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SzatRyan
I've always used my Chase Freedom card for VR at CVS. I want to make the switch to use my MileagePlus Explorer from now on. So today I tried and it got denied for $500 twice. I also got a text message "Fraud" alert from Chase. So, I just paid with my freedom card, was accepted no problem, and went on my way..

Any ideas of what the issue is with the MileagePlus Explorer?
The card is just probably not used to it....

It's that way with my CSP. Freedom no problem because I use it at CVS more often for VR's. CSP rarely so when I do it, it fraud alerts.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
The card is just probably not used to it....

It's that way with my CSP. Freedom no problem because I use it at CVS more often for VR's. CSP rarely so when I do it, it fraud alerts.

So now that I told chase that the "declined purchases" were OK and not Fraud, it should work next time?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:46 pm

Still normal here in MKE, cashiers knew nothing of the memo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.