Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Retailers that allow large Cash Back with purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retailers that allow large Cash Back with purchase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I find cash back irritating as a consumer - the retailer should just have the best advertised price rather than expecting a customer to go through the rig-ma-roll of obtaining the cash back. I went into a shop the other day to buy a small appliance with a large for sale sign. When I got to the counter, I was told the sale sign was after the cash back, and that the price was $100 more expensive than advertised. I politely told them i'd buy it online, and walked out! Haha...

I've lost count of the times where i've forgotten to send the cash back stuff to the manufacturer, and then it was too late. Or on the occasions that I have bothered to seek the cash back, it takes 3 months to get the money... what a waste of time... silly fad concept.

/Rant over, lol
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haydensydney
I find cash back irritating as a consumer - the retailer should just have the best advertised price rather than expecting a customer to go through the rig-ma-roll of obtaining the cash back. I went into a shop the other day to buy a small appliance with a large for sale sign. When I got to the counter, I was told the sale sign was after the cash back, and that the price was $100 more expensive than advertised. I politely told them i'd buy it online, and walked out! Haha...

I've lost count of the times where i've forgotten to send the cash back stuff to the manufacturer, and then it was too late. Or on the occasions that I have bothered to seek the cash back, it takes 3 months to get the money... what a waste of time... silly fad concept.

/Rant over, lol
I agree with your rant...but not at all what this thread was supposed to be about.

I was hoping to find places that would allow me to get cash back on a debit card purchase. i.e. use a prepaid debit card (which I earned pts by loading) to buy a very small item (25 cent pack of gum) and ask for hundreds in cash back as a way to liquidate my prepaid debit card.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:53 pm

Interesting, I'm getting $300 at Safeway in south and east bay (sf bay area).

Originally Posted by FruJu
It's $200 at the Safeway in SF Bay Area that I frequent. Same at the Raley's supermarket.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by MilesGator
I agree with your rant...but not at all what this thread was supposed to be about.

I was hoping to find places that would allow me to get cash back on a debit card purchase. i.e. use a prepaid debit card (which I earned pts by loading) to buy a very small item (25 cent pack of gum) and ask for hundreds in cash back as a way to liquidate my prepaid debit card.
Aren't most large stores doing this? They all have their own limits, which may be annoyingly low, but I think most stores do cash back. Have you tried your local chain grocery store?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:46 pm

Price Chopper allows $50 cash back with a $1 fee. Stop & Shop allows $40 with no fee. cha ching! a mere 50 trips per month for $2K.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by happy9zz
are you sure there is a place that allows $300 cash back from a debit card? I live in CA, and I haven't seen any place yet.
Lucky's Supermarkets has 300 cb on debit
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:45 pm

Hmm.. the limit is probably store specific, I don't remember the exact amount, the Lucky stores near me have very low cb limit, something like $150 .

Originally Posted by dongrilla
Lucky's Supermarkets has 300 cb on debit
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:09 pm

Cash Back via debit:

Aldi: $200 ( 1 avocado or energy drink)
Lowes: $40? I was told
Jewel: $100
HyVee: $100, They say only $40 but I have done $100
Phillips 66: $40
Road Ranger: $50
Wal-Mart: $100
BP: $25
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:06 am

Most large stores I've tried have CB limit from $50-$100. Have not found any higher than that.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, DL Gold
Smith's/Krogers - $200 cash back

They'll give you an earful though if you buy something small (a soda, pack of gum, etc) just to get the cashback (my 2 experiences so far).
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG+
Shoppers does $300 at self checkouts, click "other amount". However, I never got points for the cashback portion for some reason.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Interesting, I'm getting $300 at Safeway in south and east bay (sf bay area).
That is because $300 in that area is like getting $30 anywhere else! LOL
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
True!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
lol.. that's so true!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by UTmtnbiker
Smith's/Krogers - $200 cash back

They'll give you an earful though if you buy something small (a soda, pack of gum, etc) just to get the cashback (my 2 experiences so far).
They get over it. The best part is when you do the CB, it isn't a request, it is a demand, so they are stuck paying you whether they like it or not. If they don't have it in the drawer, they send you to the money center. I'm sure my bank thinks I'm a drug dealer with all the cash. MOs don't look good either I'm sure. Oh well. On a weekend I can hit 3 Krogers, 2 $G and 3 SVC in an hour. Right now just doing WF for CB and MO but starting to experiment with UFB, which is no fee but half return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.