Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Add me to Spend Down mode list on 1 of 3 cards.
Data points- Main differences between one that got SD and other 2 still active is balance is $4500 vs <$3000 and last load ($2.5k on each of 3 ) was 12/31 on SD vs before 12/23 on others.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Little update on my 2 cards:

1) Online access works, spend down mode, pulled $2k WM MO successfully (1 purch.)

2) No online access, unknown mode, pulled $3k WM MO successfully (1 purch.)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:56 am

Is it no longer possible to order a new MVD card online? I can't find the link on the website. It this just me, or has anyone else had this issue?

Was planning on signing up for my 3rd account today, before the shoe inevitably drops on my first two accounts.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
With these new soft limits I speculate that MVD is wanting to be more like BUXX - i.e. typical $1k limit.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:33 am
Suspended

you people jumping ship with multiple mvd cards, and unloading them all seperately. you might wanna consider transfering the balance on each of the cards to one card. there is no fee to do that. you can save a few clams that way, since buying multiple MOs or whatever costs lots of fees.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by js80
Is it no longer possible to order a new MVD card online? I can't find the link on the website. It this just me, or has anyone else had this issue?

Was planning on signing up for my 3rd account today, before the shoe inevitably drops on my first two accounts.
I found the link, though I think it took a few more clicks than usual. But, after filling out the application, it went to a screen that said that my identification information could not be verified online and that I would have to call in to apply. This did not happen on either of my previous 2 cards.

I wonder if MVD has put an end to multiple sign ups? At least for people who have been "flagged."
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:33 am

As of about 8:00 AM EST today, the link was right on the main page, where it always is. I still see it now, but when i click it, nothing happens.

I found the link, though I think it took a few more clicks than usual. But, after filling out the application, it went to a screen that said that my identification information could not be verified online and that I would have to call in to apply. This did not happen on either of my previous 2 cards.

I wonder if MVD has put an end to multiple sign ups? At least for people who have been "flagged."
I've been getting this error for about 2 weeks now in an attempt to get a 3rd card. Glad it's not just me. My pure speculation is that they are now allowing less than 3 cards per person, or not allowing any online signups, or some other nefarious, unannounced plan.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude

I've been getting this error for about 2 weeks now
Well at least now I know I might as well stop trying. I suppose I could call in to try to get the third card. But I'll probably wait to get my "on hold" status resolved on Card1 before I do anything. I'm still waiting out my 24-72 "business hours." Will be happy to report back once/if I do call in.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:26 pm

Well at least now I know I might as well stop trying. I suppose I could call in to try to get the third card. But I'll probably wait to get my "on hold" status resolved on Card1 before I do anything. I'm still waiting out my 24-72 "business hours." Will be happy to report back once/if I do call in.
My other accts are still active status, so i don't think it's related to those. I'll also report back if i make the call. I was patiently waiting, hoping it would go away after the recent spate of shutdowns.

Edit: Scratch that. Accts now in some unknown status. Debit transactions didn't work. Fax sent.

Last edited by WhateverDude; Jan 6, 2014 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:25 pm

I didn't find any thread for OneVanilla so I was wondering if OneVanilla (not myVanilla) can be used like any other MetaBank or U.S. bank Visa card to get a money order from Walmart? I tried to set up a pin for it but it says whatever pin you use for the first time will be your pin.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
I didn't find any thread for OneVanilla so I was wondering if OneVanilla (not myVanilla) can be used like any other MetaBank or U.S. bank Visa card to get a money order from Walmart? I tried to set up a pin for it but it says whatever pin you use for the first time will be your pin.
Definitely you can. I have in the past used 2 OneVanilla cards to get MO.
The fee is $4.95 vs $5.95 or up for the other variety of prepaid visa gcs.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by @ORD
Definitely you can. I have in the past used 2 OneVanilla cards to get MO.
The fee is $4.95 vs $5.95 or up for the other variety of prepaid visa gcs.
Anyone used Onevanilla for Billpay? any limits?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Anyone used Onevanilla for Billpay? any limits?
max four swipes per pay.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I got the MVD a couple of months ago and hadn't used it, partly because I was still ramping my spend up and partly because of this thread. Today I realized I'd bought one more VR than my BB can handle this month, so I did my first load. I'll do a MO tomorrow and probably not touch the card again.
Cash advance this morning. Locked out of internet and phone access this afternoon. Is that a record - one single VR load and unload?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by xlax
I believe Incomm should post a notice on the MVD site: "we reserve the right to deny our product to anyone who we cannot exploit financially."
How are they exploiting someone who chooses to use the product and pay the fees? They could charge $5 per transaction and ban anyone who doesn't generate $50/month in fees if they want, as they should be able to. No one is forced to use the product nor pay fees that aren't disclosed.

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
I had the same "invalid username or password" for a few days. Was able to load then unload majority of funds before complete shutdown. My 2 cents (worth a half a cent), RUN RUN RUN to walmart and cash out. You will get locked up at some point, waiting to drain = waiting for weeks for money once they do 'finally' shut you down.
Not saying it applies in your case, but I wanted to remind everyone that if your login/PW stops working, be sure that you don't have a negative balance before you assume you've been shut down for other reasons. When I first got my cards, I didn't realize that if I loaded $500 and withdrew it that the fee would make my balance negative and I'd be put on hold for that reason. Once I learned, I've been sure to always keep at least a few bucks in the account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.