Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Rather than loading and then immediately unloading the MVD cards. Why not use the cards for daily purchases on consumables like lunch, convenience store purchases. This way you're somewhat using the card for it's intended purposes.

I realize there's a $.50 cost per EACH transaction, which can add up, but think about not dealing with the hassle of calling MVD or more importantly having money tied up.

What I'm suggesting is using the card here and there and limiting the daily loads and then liquidating them by whatever means is most convenient. If you're strictly loading and unloading, you're asking for trouble.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by healthnut
I don't have any previous transactions... Actually totally forgot about this card and had extra VRs, so I figured I'd CA them and the account would be closed.

The bank did not let me know of any fees so maybe he didn't know the bank (Chase) has a fee? I definitely subtracted the $1.95 and we made it $2 just to be safe. When he put in the $2498 it declined and he said it may be that the card has a limit for cash advance. I said no and gave it back and had him try $2400. It went through.

Card is still active, so for the remaining $98 can I just take it to any ATM and get out $96-additional ATM fees??
All ATM's I have used dispense money in increments of $20, so you could only take out $80 from an ATM. A better idea could be to overpay your utility or cell phone bill with the exact amount you have left on your card - $0.50.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:27 pm

Anybody had any difficulties opening a new account today? Tried several times from different PCs and keep getting "can't verify you electronically."
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Anybody had any difficulties opening a new account today? Tried several times from different PCs and keep getting "can't verify you electronically."
I also have trouble opening new account today. I got the same error message.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by akpars
I also have trouble opening new account today. I got the same error message.
Thanks. That's a relief, i guess.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
I suspect Incomm is conducting a year end cleanup.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:03 pm

Dang... account is on hold today. Been unloading mainly by WM MOs and legit spending with a CA here and there. I haven't been tracking my loads closely so I just went back and added them up & see I've loaded over $50K since May and $10.5K in December - wonder if that's what caught their attention?

Edit: Meh. Just talked to Incomm and the CSR told me I was put on hold because of large amounts being loaded and immediately unloaded with little spend activity, and that she had removed the hold & I can use it normally. I don't expect to have much use for it after January anyway but I'll have to be careful not to strand a significant amount on it.

Last edited by Wonko; Dec 31, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by myc2004
Rather than loading and then immediately unloading the MVD cards. Why not use the cards for daily purchases on consumables like lunch, convenience store purchases. This way you're somewhat using the card for it's intended purposes.

I realize there's a $.50 cost per EACH transaction, which can add up, but think about not dealing with the hassle of calling MVD or more importantly having money tied up.

What I'm suggesting is using the card here and there and limiting the daily loads and then liquidating them by whatever means is most convenient. If you're strictly loading and unloading, you're asking for trouble.
I think this is good advice. Keep in mind that the profit margin on MS is so thin that you clearly should not go overboard with this. But its clear that incomm just wants to make more money, so I throw them a bone with a $200 withdrawl from a fee-free ATM every month or two.
(still was not enough to avoid "spend down")
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Been there, tried that, still got shutdown (my 2nd card that got closed at $12k after 2 months). It's the volume you want to do that will get you hit.

I genuinuely think they expect the underbanked to be loading $100 as a max and spending. Not loading multiples of $500. i.e really expensive for the user.

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
I think this is good advice. Keep in mind that the profit margin on MS is so thin that you clearly should not go overboard with this. But its clear that incomm just wants to make more money, so I throw them a bone with a $200 withdrawl from a fee-free ATM every month or two.
(still was not enough to avoid "spend down")
Originally Posted by myc2004

Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
Been there, tried that, still got shutdown (my 2nd card that got closed at $12k after 2 months). It's the volume you want to do that will get you hit.

I genuinuely think they expect the underbanked to be loading $100 as a max and spending. Not loading multiples of $500. i.e really expensive for the user.
Will U get the 3rd ?
is there a life after MVD?
a replacement/alternative?(assumption: all mvd holders have BB)
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:40 pm

They unlocked my card in record time. About two hours after submitting my documents, I received a call notifying me that my card was unlocked. I thought it would take longer since it is NYE.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:44 pm

Sadly my 3rd and most noble card has truly died as I can no longer load anything. Tried online or by phone - nada. This card was hit with the "know your customer" sweep in Nov when I was at ~$75k spend since mid Aug. Got through that in about 6 days and went hard at it again. I think (since I lost online access I lost tracking with Mint) the total this magic card allowed me to churn was about $215k which was all on TYP 5x or WF 5x or AGC at 2%+. So despite all the crap processes and competency of Incomm I owe 'em one for an amazing ride. I've shared this with others via PM in the past but now it is truly dead I'm sharing the details with the FT community. Not meant as an epeen but I impressed even myself.

Key was an awesome relationship with a teller at CVS who was responsible for ordering cards. She would over-order VR and set aside 100 or so for me (with my name on them) and I'd buy $5k most mornings on my way to work. I'd cycle TYP, WF and AGC ($5k personalized every 7 days) to spread things out. I'd occasionally use a 1x or 1.5x card if the purchases on the same card were too close for my comfort level. TYP I'd do on about 2-2.5 CL. WF on about 2x CL. Every unload was CA between $7.5k-$9.5k, spread across 4 different checking accounts. No MO or any actual purchases.

My replacement for MVD is limited as I've already burned through GB with my SSN and most of my relatives. As long as 5x Pharmacy lasts it will probably be Amex PP (3 cards per SSN, $2.5k / month - I have access to free ATM so CPM is under 0.2) but not nearly as scalable. Visa BUXX is also a pretty low cost path, especially with LOTS of cards. But again not scalable.

MVD was a ride, but a heck of one for me.

Originally Posted by prasha11
Will U get the 3rd ?
is there a life after MVD?
a replacement/alternative?(assumption: all mvd holders have BB)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:38 am

i am curious... for anyone that have #2 MVD or #3, are these in the same login account or use different login?
thks!

and, happy new year!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:25 am

Each has to be a separate login. That's the odd thing about MVD. You can get shutdown on one and the others are treated independently despite being tied to the same SSN.

Originally Posted by oozze
i am curious... for anyone that have #2 MVD or #3, are these in the same login account or use different login?
thks!

and, happy new year!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rdover1
Sadly my 3rd and most noble card has truly died as I can no longer load anything. Tried online or by phone - nada. This card was hit with the "know your customer" sweep in Nov when I was at ~$75k spend since mid Aug. Got through that in about 6 days and went hard at it again. I think (since I lost online access I lost tracking with Mint) the total this magic card allowed me to churn was about $215k which was all on TYP 5x or WF 5x or AGC at 2%+. So despite all the crap processes and competency of Incomm I owe 'em one for an amazing ride. I've shared this with others via PM in the past but now it is truly dead I'm sharing the details with the FT community. Not meant as an epeen but I impressed even myself.

Key was an awesome relationship with a teller at CVS who was responsible for ordering cards. She would over-order VR and set aside 100 or so for me (with my name on them) and I'd buy $5k most mornings on my way to work. I'd cycle TYP, WF and AGC ($5k personalized every 7 days) to spread things out. I'd occasionally use a 1x or 1.5x card if the purchases on the same card were too close for my comfort level. TYP I'd do on about 2-2.5 CL. WF on about 2x CL. Every unload was CA between $7.5k-$9.5k, spread across 4 different checking accounts. No MO or any actual purchases.

My replacement for MVD is limited as I've already burned through GB with my SSN and most of my relatives. As long as 5x Pharmacy lasts it will probably be Amex PP (3 cards per SSN, $2.5k / month - I have access to free ATM so CPM is under 0.2) but not nearly as scalable. Visa BUXX is also a pretty low cost path, especially with LOTS of cards. But again not scalable.

MVD was a ride, but a heck of one for me.
Love this! Almost brings me to tears.

Only parts I might be slightly lost on are the AGC (is that Amex GC purchased using BC CB?), GB (not sure what it is), and Amex PP (I know what it is, but unsure how that works in this scenario).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.