Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It could just be that the CVS area manager(s) for the Bay Area have decided VR isn't worth carrying.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:52 pm
umc

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Maybe someone 'hided' them

Next step - CVS Scavenger Hunts where frequent flyers rummage through product shelves searching for VR cards 'hided' by other frequent flyers.
Maybe. There is nothing I can do about it, so I move on looking for other tricks.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Artemk
No, you can go to Walmart and swipe BB, then PP Debit, enter PIN and transfer up to $1,000/day $4,000/mo (IIRC) this way.
What about if there's no Walmart in my area?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Maybe someone 'hided' them

Next step - CVS Scavenger Hunts where frequent flyers rummage through product shelves searching for VR cards 'hided' by other frequent flyers.
stop it you're effing killing me lol
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:52 pm

deleted

Last edited by tonyflyer; Dec 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm Reason: never mind
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
What I don't understand is many CVS stores (in bay area) do sell black VR which can only be reloaded with regular VR, yet the stores don't sell VR, how does VR/Incomm suppose us to do the reload?
It may just take time to expand, the bay are has two football teams, here in la area we have lots of vr at cvs but no nfl team even though we are second largest tv market in the country
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:19 pm

I guess I'll just have to wait..

Originally Posted by particlemn
It may just take time to expand, the bay are has two football teams, here in la area we have lots of vr at cvs but no nfl team even though we are second largest tv market in the country
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by particlemn
That makes no sense to me but I am all of a sudden okay with our lack of an NFL team if it mean CVS VRs
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
My cvs just restocked. In earnest.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SJC AA
What about if there's no Walmart in my area?
Then you cannot do this.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:22 pm

Thanks all for the info on looking in the more downtrodden CVS stores. None at the one near my house but I just checked one a couple miles away near the Bail Bonds and Laundramat and voila! Asked if they accept credit cards, and the manager said $1000 limit per person, something about the IRS. Fine by me, I can only load that much each day anyway. That gives me a couple of weeks to make 4 more purchases and be covered for the month.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by UpstatePoints
No VR at my regular CVS. Not even an empty slot where they usually are. They moved all the black vanilla cards to cover up the empty holders. Curious.

My backup CVS had plenty of ice cream and no problems with using cc.
The closest CVS to me has moved the Black Vanilla Prepaid Visas to the spot that used to hold the VR cards (in addition to the slots already reserved for them). But I kept checking and found the VR cards had been moved to the wider middle section of the display in the bottom third of the rack. No hassle at all using two different CCs and the clerk knew exactly what to do.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:56 pm

My local CVS had 4 VR's in early November. I bought them over the course of 2 weeks CC with no issue. Waited for almost a month, but they were finally restocked within the last few days. Only 10 of them on the rack, so that should last for a while at the pace they were being bought previously.

Also, data point on paying WF mortgages. I sent my December 1 payment a few days early with extra principal (same total payment amount I've paid for the last few years). I made a notation in the memo spot about regular payment + extra principal. It was applied correctly and on the day they said it would. Not sure if it was applied correctly due to it being the amount I always pay, the memo of how to apply it, WF just automatically did it or some combination of the above.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
All the CVS stores in the Fort Myers FL area have the reload cards, one had to look and they were under the counter. I was only turned down at one store for trying to use an Amex Gift Card for the purchase.

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:41 pm
umc

If we can't find VR card on the gift card rack at CVS, is there a SKU number that we can ask the employees to check if they have it in stock?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.