Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:17 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Anyone have working CS number? Number from the website does not work still can not make my account. Whats the numb on the back of the card?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:24 am
Suspended

Contact Us
Have questions? Need help at 2AM?
We have real people waiting around the clock to hear from you.

US: 1 (877) 486-5990
International Collect: 1 (801) 449-4016

Remember, you can always find the free 24/7 Customer Service number on the back of your Bluebird Card.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by koolr
I posted this on Nov 5th to help fellow FTers, but seems like no one noticed it... except for someone (who else??). Today, MMS posted a step by step on how to buy beans at CVS (with AmEx cc)!!!
May be I should have blogged earlier and posted a picture of my wife holding the beans at CVS!!?
Maybe you should have kept your mouth shut?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I posted this on Nov 5th to help fellow FTers, but seems like no one noticed it... except for someone (who else??). Today, MMS posted a step by step on how to buy beans at CVS (with AmEx cc)!!!
May be I should have blogged earlier and posted a picture of my wife holding the beans at CVS!!?
Is it really that hard to just walk into CVS, grab beans, walk to register, attempt to buy, goes through yay, doesn't go through, try another day? I don't know why anyone would get mad that he posted a step by step guide on how to make a general retail purchase. It isn't rocket science.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Is it really that hard to just walk into CVS, grab beans, walk to register, attempt to buy, goes through yay, doesn't go through, try another day? I don't know why anyone would get mad that he posted a step by step guide on how to make a general retail purchase.
Exactly!! People are not stupid, they can figure it out how to buy at CVS!!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Is it really that hard to just walk into CVS, grab beans, walk to register, attempt to buy, goes through yay, doesn't go through, try another day? I don't know why anyone would get mad that he posted a step by step guide on how to make a general retail purchase.
Wait - in about 24 hrs, we'll see someone complain that the sale didn't work and the clerks don't know how to do their job, they'll ask if they bought the right card, they'll ask what to do with the card they bought, and they'll want to know why BB keeps saying they can't load it to their temporary card and that this is clearly a sign that the end of time is upon us. Then they'll ask for phone #'s to all parties involved sothey can call and complain about it and ask that everyone be ediucated on how to properly complete the process.

Shortly thereafter, Daraius will post a photo of his wife holding whatever lunch she bought with her BB card.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Contact Us
Have questions? Need help at 2AM?
We have real people waiting around the clock to hear from you.

US: 1 (877) 486-5990
International Collect: 1 (801) 449-4016

Remember, you can always find the free 24/7 Customer Service number on the back of your Bluebird Card.
Ah for sure, I called few days ago and it said they weren't even taking calls. Now I'm on hold for 10+ min. Seems like they really hate people calling, they play a recording to "go online" every minute!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Wait - in about 24 hrs, we'll see someone complain that the sale didn't work and the clerks don't know how to do their job, they'll ask if they bought the right card, they'll ask what to do with the card they bought, and they'll want to know why BB keeps saying they can't load it to their temporary card and that this is clearly a sign that the end of time is upon us. Then they'll ask for phone #'s to all parties involved sothey can call and complain about it and ask that everyone be ediucated on how to properly complete the process.

Shortly thereafter, Daraius will post a photo of his wife holding whatever lunch she bought with her BB card.
I do not worry about what the blogs write, many people whom read the travel blogs are risk adverse, and not very good at following directions or paying attention to details. they will try to make a purchase, get the wrong card and be stuck with one 500 dollar prepaid card that they will be stuck tryng to spend through and may even have to pay interest on the card. this will stop them in their tracks, the mint was very easy they sent you cash. this one takes 2 steps not just one like the mint, some poepl cant handle two steps it is very complicated.
the good news is these vanilla reload cards are really catching on, the compamy who make them must think they are brilliant and are now expanding to many other stores since their inital launch at office depot was such a sucess.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
the compamy who make them must think they are brilliant and are now expanding to many other stores since their inital launch at office depot was such a sucess.
hahaha
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

My two local wallgreens are adamant about cash only. Finally got a cashier to ask the manager and the manager on the phone seems like he told her to work around the cash only prompt on the screen. She tried and I swiped my card but the register would only show the the fee as payable via credit card. At which point I pressed "yes/enter" and then reswiped for the balance but the register would not take my card and showed a balance of $0. Tried again with a different card and still no go. Seems like the register just wont let the transaction go through. Anyone knows a way around this? Its super frustrating!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
My two local wallgreens are adamant about cash only. Finally got a cashier to ask the manager and the manager on the phone seems like he told her to work around the cash only prompt on the screen. She tried and I swiped my card but the register would only show the the fee as payable via credit card. At which point I pressed "yes/enter" and then reswiped for the balance but the register would not take my card and showed a balance of $0. Tried again with a different card and still no go. Seems like the register just wont let the transaction go through. Anyone knows a way around this? Its super frustrating!
Find another store - that's the only work around.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
The cashier has to enter the amount to be charged on your card after you swipe. i.e. 1st enters that the card should be for $500, you swipe card, then they enter $500 again.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

You nailed it
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:57 am

Didn't even take an hour...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: As many as I can!
I've been checking CVS every few days ever since Bluebird came out and saw the empty slots and had readers email with the same information.

If you read the blog post you'll see a link to a twitter picture (1 of many) of the empty racks at CVS sent by a reader.

Are you upset that no one noticed your earlier post on FlyerTalk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.