Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:48 am

Question on Bill pay - Does Payment "Completed" status in case of physical check means check delivered or cashed?

No idea if my land lady opened the bluebird envelope or threw out as spam (Yes she did that earlier when I used Chase bill pay to send check to her)
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Question on Bill pay - Does Payment "Completed" status in case of physical check means check delivered or cashed?

No idea if my land lady opened the bluebird envelope or threw out as spam (Yes she did that earlier when I used Chase bill pay to send check to her)
No, just that it's been processed by BB. Near as I can tell, there's no way to verify from the BB side if a payment has been received.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
No, just that it's been processed by BB. Near as I can tell, there's no way to verify from the BB side if a payment has been received.
Thanks for the reply! If I don't hear from her - all is good.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Do you have any thoughts on using Bill Pay to pay an AMEX card account with Bluebird? I know it's probably not a good idea to pay off a Chase account with BB, but how about AMEX?
I did a payment to Amex SPG. Went through fine, and payment posted yesterday. (I did not purchase any icecream with this card)

On another note, anyone paid property tax yet? My county does not show up, so I need to enter it manually. Does it make a difference if BB sends a check to the tax collector? Usually I go to the office personally and drop it off and get the 'Paid' stamp.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by express3
I did a payment to Amex SPG. Went through fine, and payment posted yesterday. (I did not purchase any icecream with this card)

On another note, anyone paid property tax yet? My county does not show up, so I need to enter it manually. Does it make a difference if BB sends a check to the tax collector? Usually I go to the office personally and drop it off and get the 'Paid' stamp.
My county didn't come up, but I created a manual payee. Sent off a small payment just now so will report back when that goes through successfully. I see no reason why it should not.

Edit: Just noticed that the manually entered payee for this payment is expected to receive the payment TOMORROW. This indicates to me that if you make a manual payment but somehow end up using the same address they have on file, they will send it as ACH through whatever account they have on file (with a different name than you searched for). There is no way that a physical check is being delivered to my tax office tomorrow after I just processed a payment at 12:50 CT.

Anyone else able to confirm this has happened to them?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:50 am

Plenty of Walgreens in Chicagoland! You can sure find one that will take CC - needs some efforts but doable. ^
i tried 7 different walgreens in my area, and none of them took CC. If walgreens works, I will be the happiest person.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:58 am
jk2

Originally Posted by express3

I paid my property taxes (I'm at South Florida) on Monday, it is supposed to be delivered on 11/8. I had to input tax collector's name manually (county tax office is listed in BB's system, but something is wrong with settings and I couldn't proceed further).
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by troyhouse
i tried 7 different walgreens in my area, and none of them took CC. If walgreens works, I will be the happiest person.

same here...walgreens in California want cash for any reloadables
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
My county didn't come up, but I created a manual payee. Sent off a small payment just now so will report back when that goes through successfully. I see no reason why it should not.

Edit: Just noticed that the manually entered payee for this payment is expected to receive the payment TOMORROW. This indicates to me that if you make a manual payment but somehow end up using the same address they have on file, they will send it as ACH through whatever account they have on file (with a different name than you searched for). There is no way that a physical check is being delivered to my tax office tomorrow after I just processed a payment at 12:50 CT.

Anyone else able to confirm this has happened to them?
Same here. Honda was not listed so entered in details manually. Was scheduled for next day and sure enough payment posted
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:47 pm

If city (northside) works for you I can share 1 location that I have had succes at.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
After trying about 8 walgreens and CVS, I finally found one that had vanilla reload cards and accepted credit. All the Office depots i have been to have been out.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Dangjr213
Same here. Honda was not listed so entered in details manually. Was scheduled for next day and sure enough payment posted
Honda shows up on BB's list as "American Honda Finance".
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:13 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I cancelled my serve account weeks ago still can't register anyone know the deal?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:20 pm

If city (northside) works for you I can share 1 location that I have had succes at.
pm sent. thanks again.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:25 pm

pm sent. thanks again.
Replied by pm. As always ymmv ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.