Paying a slight premium above face value-but perhaps could resell on ebay:

http://www.discount-coins.net/1rolidemisar.html

1 Roll Lincoln Denver Mint
Item# P-2010-lincoln-d-mint-1-roll
Regular price: $31.00
Sale price: $26.95
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: Several dozen
Free shipping? Could not get the site to work to check.

Originally Posted by anbhc
Paying a slight premium above face value-but perhaps could resell on ebay:

http://www.discount-coins.net/1rolidemisar.html

1 Roll Lincoln Denver Mint
Item# P-2010-lincoln-d-mint-1-roll
Regular price: $31.00
Sale price: $26.95
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Any and All
That website appears to be a business run by a kid in his basement. I wouldn't trust it...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
As regards shipping:
http://www.discount-coins.net/tst.html
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:28 am

Do you know?

Originally Posted by jonny1
got blocked by VENMO for all the creditcard sendings, hahaha, but i did it on 2 cards already.

today bought 2 $500 visa giftcard at safeway store with the amex card $6 EACH fee but got 2 6$ free deli hot sandwich. DONT BUY AMEX CARDS COS MANY SMALL STORES DON'T ACCEPT AMEX FOR ITS HIGH FEES

tried at CVS but they said only DEBIT CARD or CASH.

I'd like to know, can you use these cards to pay utility bills, property taxes, etc. when they say they take credit or debit card (usually not AMEX though)?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theflyingfox
I'd like to know, can you use these cards to pay utility bills, property taxes, etc. when they say they take credit or debit card (usually not AMEX though)?
If they take credit or debit cards, then yes you can.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...=250904817313+
currently 99.99 for 4 rolls
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by theflyingfox
i live in rented apartment so dont know about property taxes but yes you can pay utility bills online. buy few $500 visa giftcards for $5.95 fee each and you are good to go, THEY HAVE AT LEAST 7 YEARS EXPIRATION DATE. then use those visa giftcards to pay for and buy anything you want, but yes NEVER BUY AMEX GIFTCARDS COS MANY RESTURANTS, MOM AND POP STORES AND EVEN SOME BIGGER SHOPS DON'T TAKE AMEX GIFTCARDS OR CERDITCARDS. THEY HATE AMEX'S HIGH FEES TO CASH THEIR CERDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
i live in rented apartment so dont know about property taxes but yes you can pay utility bills online. buy few $500 visa giftcards for $5.95 fee each and you are good to go, THEY HAVE AT LEAST 7 YEARS EXPIRATION DATE. then use those visa giftcards to pay for and buy anything you want, but yes NEVER BUY AMEX GIFTCARDS COS MANY RESTURANTS, MOM AND POP STORES AND EVEN SOME BIGGER SHOPS DON'T TAKE AMEX GIFTCARDS OR CERDITCARDS. THEY HATE AMEX'S HIGH FEES TO CASH THEIR CERDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS.
I don't have any problem using Amex cards. Can't think of a restaurant, gas station or store that doesn't accept Amex. In fact, I know of a large store that only accepts Amex. Ever heard of Costco?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621
I don't have any problem using Amex cards. Can't think of a restaurant, gas station or store that doesn't accept Amex. In fact, I know of a large store that only accepts Amex. Ever heard of Costco?
State Farm does not take AMEX for paying premiums online.

BellSouth used to not take AMEX card for payment online. But AT&T fixed that.

The above are 2 big companies as well.

I do come across some restaurants dont take AMEX. Never see a gas station does not take AMEX.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ejs621
maybe u live in different world but many places dont take amex but they take visa and mastarcards.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
maybe u live in different world but many places dont take amex but they take visa and mastarcards.
It appears you maybe the one living in a world of your own. Many FTers use Amex cards as their daily spender. You can always find a merchant who may not accept one type of card. For example, my state DMV accepts Amex, Visa and Discover, but not Master Card.

McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys all except Amex.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:48 am

pretty much anyplace that is not mom/pop type-ish accepts Amex.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by therivler1
pretty much anyplace that is not mom/pop type-ish accepts Amex.
Perhaps you should read existing replies to a message before you add your own reply??? Since when is State Farm Insurance "mom/pop type-ish"???

Also, if payment is your only concern it's one thing, but if earning maximum miles is you're concern it's another, because many Rewards Network (the dining program for AA, UA, DL, and others) has tons of restaurants in its program that don't give (dining) miles for Amex purchases, including some that take Amex for payment but still don't give (dining) miles for Amex purchases.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: No preference
what point does this argument make?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.