Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by elegua
US bank VGC does not work with Venmo
well, that's a bummer. I loaded one last month and it worked fine. Probably they changed something within last 30 days to stop these now,
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:38 am

Can I use SPG Business do make minimum spending

Right now I have 2 SPG Business that need to spend 5k each to get the sign up bonuses. Should I use venmo to send money to my spouse account. Will AMEX RAT team claw back the sign up points?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Tam Tran
Right now I have 2 SPG Business that need to spend 5k each to get the sign up bonuses. Should I use venmo to send money to my spouse account. Will AMEX RAT team claw back the sign up points?
your question has been asked in blogs, reddit and here on FT and I'm sure the rats have been keeping an eye on those who use it to meet MSR.

the only foolproof way to meet MSR with ALL AXP cards is through organic spend: insurance premiums, rent, grocery shopping, car repairs, home repairs, etc.

you're taking a risk when using Venmo to meet MSR so be prepared to fight with them later if they don't give you the sign up bonus.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:06 pm

Hey mamibear, could you PM me? Had a question about AGC liquidation, but totally understand if you'd rather not. Just look up to you're methods since I see you in all the same subs I'm in.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:50 pm

Mine & DW's Venmo account were shut down within days only after sending $200 VGC.
Any recourse?
TIA
Old May 9, 2018, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
Mine & DW's Venmo account were shut down within days only after sending $200 VGC.
Any recourse?
TIA
you can try and ask for a reconsideration if the volume is low
ShakuniMama likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:58 pm

I have a Venmo account and never really used it for a long time. Can i add a Debit Card (real one) to it and send money in 10 -15 cents increments to Partner?. WIll i get shutdown for it and is there a limit on number of times or min amount to send?. I have a Debit that pays for each debit- so trying to MS.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:06 pm

I think you should be fine. I do something similar for a high yield percentage checking account, but I use circle and that works just fine.
NBG007 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by NBG007
I have a Venmo account and never really used it for a long time. Can i add a Debit Card (real one) to it and send money in 10 -15 cents increments to Partner?. WIll i get shutdown for it and is there a limit on number of times or min amount to send?. I have a Debit that pays for each debit- so trying to MS.
I imagine that attaching your Venmo account to a real debit card is no different than attaching it to the underlying bank account that the debit card covers. The only downside I see is if your debit card has some sort of limit on the amount of funds that can be withdrawn per transaction or per day that is less than Venmo's..

I do not see that there is any benefit to you by using the debit card rather than just using it's underlying bank account. With the bank account, you can move money in and out of Venmo. I am uncertain if that is the case if you have Venmo funded by a debit card. Furthermore, while you have a daily cash limit on Venmo, your debit card limits may be less and therefore more restrictive while an underlying bank account may not have those debit card related cash transfer restrictions.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I imagine that attaching your Venmo account to a real debit card is no different than attaching it to the underlying bank account that the debit card covers. The only downside I see is if your debit card has some sort of limit on the amount of funds that can be withdrawn per transaction or per day that is less than Venmo's..

I do not see that there is any benefit to you by using the debit card rather than just using it's underlying bank account. With the bank account, you can move money in and out of Venmo. I am uncertain if that is the case if you have Venmo funded by a debit card. Furthermore, while you have a daily cash limit on Venmo, your debit card limits may be less and therefore more restrictive while an underlying bank account may not have those debit card related cash transfer restrictions.
I only get cash rewards for debit purchases (5c /purchase). So a google pay/Venmo would do. Just want to know if Venmo would shutdown me for doing multiple 10-15c activity.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by NBG007
I only get cash rewards for debit purchases (5c /purchase). So a google pay/Venmo would do. Just want to know if Venmo would shutdown me for doing multiple 10-15c activity.
While I truly have no idea, I think that the business plan for Venmo is person to person transactions. All my activity with Venmo is paying or receiving small amounts of money from various other people (small as in <$200).

If you are doing only debit purchases, it may draw rats eyes. On the other hand if you have 15 P-T-P transactions and interspersed with those is a few small debit purchases, I suspect you are good to go. However, I do value Venmo's basic modus operendi for paying friends without having to dig into my wallet so I don't do anything to screw with it.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:54 pm

Logged into one of my Venmo accounts on web today and saw the following message "Pay and charge functionality is available in the Venmo app."

Is anybody else seeing this? How come I get this on one account via the web and not my other one?
Old May 15, 2018, 2:38 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 1:18 pm
Old May 16, 2018, 6:25 am

Thanks for posting.I added the same Citi AAdvantage Mastercard yesterday and although it added, I couldnt seem to use it on charges. I wonder what is happening.

Glad my account hasnt been frozen though!
Old May 16, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by steveo345
Thanks for posting.I added the same Citi AAdvantage Mastercard yesterday and although it added, I couldnt seem to use it on charges. I wonder what is happening.

Glad my account hasnt been frozen though!
I have found my Citi Executive World Elite card to be a huge PIA when it comes to charging certain items. It is impossible to use for purchasing SMGCs since it will decline any such purchase (no matter the amount) and even after the decline is cleared, is now ineligible for use in SM due to their no use for 24 hours after decline rule. I suspect that Venmo is similar in that trying to attach the card to Venmo produces an automatic decline by Citibank after each charge which requires manual clearing by the card owner. Venmo probably does not want to deal with that on a routine basis, and therefore has simply banned the card for their site.

I have found that it is very difficult to MS using Citibank's card, so I don't use it for that purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.