Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:43 pm

I finally finished cashing out my one 3k amex card. Spread out the transactions in $200 increments pushed to my husband's and sister's accounts.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
I finally finished cashing out my one 3k amex card. Spread out the transactions in $200 increments pushed to my husband's and sister's accounts.
nice! over the course of how many days or weeks?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by spencenaz
I have been using Venmo to transfer large amounts of money to my wife for a while now. She still uses a CU from her hometown because we get an awesome interest rate (2.4%) and get great monthly dividends. I transferred 2999.99 a few times to her account to maximize the dividends from her CU. My first attempt at MS I bought a MCGC from a Kroger store, and after the MO was declined at the PO, I put the card into my Venmo to send to my wife, and it went through just fine. I haven't had any issues with using Venmo, but I won't use it for MS because of the card limit.
Did Venmo charge the 3% fee for the MCGC?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:14 pm

For Ink Cash, Venmo only codes as 1x, right? I know that CIP gets the 3x bonus for Venmo, but I assume Venmo doesn't hit a bonus category for Ink Cash.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Did Venmo charge the 3% fee for the MCGC?
Not that I know of. My wife got the full amount on her account.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by spencenaz
Not that I know of. My wife got the full amount on her account.
It charges sender not receiver. So you should check the card you used
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I just got a fresh BoA Alaska business card. I tried to add it to Venmo and it errored out saying I could not add it. I called Venmo, and the guy could see the add attempt. His explanation was that the "card is not compatible" with Venmo and was blocked. I got a new Arrival+ card, and it added just fine.

Any known issues with BoA Alaska biz cards and Venmo? Seems quite odd. The exact error is "sorry, we cannot process that card at the moment."
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:25 am

Trying to reach a minimum spend, I bought a 1k Amex gift card from the amex online store. Loaded it onto my Venmo account and sent $999.99 to my wife. She promptly unloaded it and sent it to our bank account and it is showing in our bank account today. No 3% or other fees and very simple. I use Venmo 3-4 times a month for the past couple years if that means anything.

I bought another 1k gift card to hit the minimum spend on another card and that will arrive today. Might do the same thing or instead have my wife load it on her venmo account and send it to me.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by seattlewhite
Trying to reach a minimum spend, I bought a 1k Amex gift card from the amex online store. Loaded it onto my Venmo account and sent $999.99 to my wife. She promptly unloaded it and sent it to our bank account and it is showing in our bank account today. No 3% or other fees and very simple. I use Venmo 3-4 times a month for the past couple years if that means anything.

I bought another 1k gift card to hit the minimum spend on another card and that will arrive today. Might do the same thing or instead have my wife load it on her venmo account and send it to me.
are both verified accounts?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:20 am

update: problem solved

question: What's the easiest/fastest way to register AGC?

Last edited by walkingingotham; Jun 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm Reason: problem solved
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by cpnyc
are both verified accounts?
How do you check if it is verified? I've never done anything except just use it pretty regularly
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by seattlewhite
How do you check if it is verified? I've never done anything except just use it pretty regularly
not sure how you check, but they ask for the last 4 digits of your ssn to verfiy your identity if you send >$300 per rolling week, or transfer >$1,000 to your bank account per week.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:09 am

Sorry if this seems silly. Am I missing something from this scenario?

I bought 3k AGC and sent to my SO (both verified) She bought a 3k AGC this week and I was thinking of loading onto my venmo and sending it to her so it just looks like I'm the only one sending funds. Any issues I'm not thinking about?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by cpnyc
not sure how you check, but they ask for the last 4 digits of your ssn to verfiy your identity if you send >$300 per rolling week, or transfer >$1,000 to your bank account per week.
No they never asked for any of that and we did two $1000 amex cards from my account to my wife's Venmo and straight to her (our) joint Ally Savings account. No verification asked for.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by diseased
I've always gotten my AGC personalized with my name, but that takes longer to arrive. Do most people just get the regular version?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.