Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
AGC is rejecting my $3K purchase on Ink Preferred saying can't authorize payment. Anyone knows what might be the reason?

Havent bought gift cards from AmEx in few years.
I had to call Chase in order to get my purchase put through. And then Amex called me, and I had to return their call to get them to process it. Quite painful. Since I might only be able to get away with liquidating one more, I probably won't have to deal with this much more.

I'd suggest calling Chase and/or Amex to clear up that you intend to make this purchase.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I had to call Chase in order to get my purchase put through. And then Amex called me, and I had to return their call to get them to process it. Quite painful. Since I might only be able to get away with liquidating one more, I probably won't have to deal with this much more.

I'd suggest calling Chase and/or Amex to clear up that you intend to make this purchase.
They had a fraud alert on my Chase card but never called me. I just called them and they took care of it. I was able to place order after that.

I just purchased $1K instead of $3K as I wasn't comfortable providing them my SSN.

Also FYI - Chase knew exactly what I was trying to buy. The agent told me there is a fraud alert. You were trying to buy AmEx Gift cards...we wanted to make sure that it was actually you...blah blah blah.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:52 am

I was able to liquidate my entire 3k (well $2,999.99) AGC to my friends account. He immediately withdrew it, and now I just need to deposit the check he wrote me.

As mentioned earlier, I've had a venmo account for 6 months, and probably used it organically once a month, but only for a total of a couple hundred dollars. No issues so far on either venmo account.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:08 pm

Is this still working? I tried to send a small payment to my sister for $100 and get the payment could not be completed message.

Nvm, must be a limit on one of our accounts. I was able to send $50. Well this will take a while.

Last edited by diseased; Apr 5, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:41 pm

is the 6 cards/6month max a rolling 6 months, or does this 6 card limit reset every 6 mo?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by btan887
is the 6 cards/6month max a rolling 6 months, or does this 6 card limit reset every 6 mo?
Users can have up to 6 cards in their account at any given time. Once you add a card it counts against your limit for a 6 month rolling period.

The rolling limit means that once you add a card to Venmo, it will count against your 6 card limit for 6 months, even if you delete it. So, a card applies to your card limit if it is (1) still on file with your account or (2) was added fewer than 6 months ago.
Source: https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/arti...to-my-account-
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kcacademy
I don't have much experience with amex gift cards but when I first started making large gift card purchases at CVS with my ink preferred, chase's fraud protection would freeze my card and I'd have to call the number on the back. They said their algorithm determined the purchase I was about to make didn't seem normal for a business card and made me verify my identity. After doing that 3 times it was fine. See if you can make any other purchase and that'll tell you if it's frozen.
Originally Posted by vm81
AGC is rejecting my $3K purchase on Ink Preferred saying can't authorize payment. Anyone knows what might be the reason?

Havent bought gift cards from AmEx in few years.
had trouble with a 1k & 3k purchase... both times fraud alerts tripped, had to call chase. the 3k order AMEX canceled my order, with no reason. im wondering if signing up for an account would help smooth the process?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:31 pm

Account frozen due to cc-funded payment

Sent a small payment (~$300) to my friend by using AMEX cc in mid-March. Received a email from Venmo today that my account has been frozen due to "recent activity that appears to be a violation of our User Agreement." My friend's account has been frozen as well. Obviously the suspension is related to cc-funded payment.

They required my ID / passport / PR photocopy to reactivate the account.

Just be careful if you rely on Venmo heavily. Will report the result in the following posts.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by hsnu101150
Sent a small payment (~$300) to my friend by using AMEX cc in mid-March. Received a email from Venmo today that my account has been frozen due to "recent activity that appears to be a violation of our User Agreement." My friend's account has been frozen as well. Obviously the suspension is related to cc-funded payment.

Just be careful if you rely on Venmo heavily. Will report the result in the following posts.
How long have you had Venmo?
Did you use it "normally" before this?
Was this your first AGC payment through Venmo?
How old was your friends Venmo Account?

So many unknowns here....
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Liquidated 3k AGC with no issues.

I use venmo organically all the time.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by hsnu101150

Originally Posted by Thefirst

It'd be helpful if you'd supply this additional information so it can used as a DP for future Venmo users. I haven't had issues with Venmo, but I do use it organically about once per month.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Liquidated 3k AGC with no issues.

I use venmo organically all the time.
Tried to do it now and it shows up with 3% fee!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Tried to do it now and it shows up with 3% fee!
Try sending $10 and report back.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ST4LKER
Try sending $10 and report back.
Screwed up on my second attempt and used my bank account, now I have to wait for a week to cool off...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Thefirst

1. At least 2yr+ for my account
2. Usually 2~3 payments per month by using bank-linked funds
3. first time use CC-linked payment (not ACG)
4. My friend's account is a new one, < 2 months

This morning received a message from Venmo asking for pictures for my CC / account statement to prove that I'm the valid card holder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.