FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VENMO
Thread: VENMO
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2018, 7:45 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by NBG007
I have a Venmo account and never really used it for a long time. Can i add a Debit Card (real one) to it and send money in 10 -15 cents increments to Partner?. WIll i get shutdown for it and is there a limit on number of times or min amount to send?. I have a Debit that pays for each debit- so trying to MS.
I imagine that attaching your Venmo account to a real debit card is no different than attaching it to the underlying bank account that the debit card covers. The only downside I see is if your debit card has some sort of limit on the amount of funds that can be withdrawn per transaction or per day that is less than Venmo's..

I do not see that there is any benefit to you by using the debit card rather than just using it's underlying bank account. With the bank account, you can move money in and out of Venmo. I am uncertain if that is the case if you have Venmo funded by a debit card. Furthermore, while you have a daily cash limit on Venmo, your debit card limits may be less and therefore more restrictive while an underlying bank account may not have those debit card related cash transfer restrictions.