Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Am I Getting This Right? -- Costco Refund Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I Getting This Right? -- Costco Refund Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by Ducati
I beg to differ. Costco employees are one of the worst. Although, their behaviour and civility has improved in the past year.
Research it. Costco is one of the better retail employers. full benefits, decent pay. Vastly different from most.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:10 pm

I pretty much see the same 4-5 people working every time I go to Costco and every time they are just as efficient as possible.

I agree that they are the better people and their staff has some longevity.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:22 pm

Depends on location, I've always had good experience with SoCal employees. Other places I've visited, they've been no better than your typical Walmart employee.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Ducati
I beg to differ. Costco employees are one of the worst. Although, their behaviour and civility has improved in the past year.
One of the worst? Who are you comparing them against?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know what you guys are talking about here - I LOVE my MileStore (Walmart) employees. They recognize me and help me out. They're truly great. If you aren't on the good side of your MileStore employees, fix the situation.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: Several dozen
My Walmart guys are AOK, too. Helps to have a schtick - mine is the crazy guy in the tacky Hawaiian shirt and shady shades who always buys money orders and talks of his latest crazy adventures. Everyone knows that guy. I can bag as many MOs as I can load in the wheelbarrow. You gotta get your game face on in this game. You ain't doing nothing wrong as you are helping the local economy while flying free instead of taking expensive trips to Africa on taxpayer dollars and letting the economy rot.

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't know what you guys are talking about here - I LOVE my MileStore (Walmart) employees. They recognize me and help me out. They're truly great. If you aren't on the good side of your MileStore employees, fix the situation.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Employees I talk to and one I know personally likes working for Costco. I think different people have different personalities. So depends who you get on a different day, or even the top down management and what they expect from the employees.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
My Walmart guys are AOK, too. Helps to have a schtick - mine is the crazy guy in the tacky Hawaiian shirt and shady shades who always buys money orders and talks of his latest crazy adventures. Everyone knows that guy. I can bag as many MOs as I can load in the wheelbarrow. You gotta get your game face on in this game. You ain't doing nothing wrong as you are helping the local economy while flying free instead of taking expensive trips to Africa on taxpayer dollars and letting the economy rot.
You know, when I was (really) new here (as opposed to fairly) I really disliked your posts and thought them too silly or not on topic, etc.

Now that I'm older and wiser, it's actually HIGHLARIOUS. Thanks for having a schtick here on FT too
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:21 am

Any idea if this still works? I see it doesn't work with large Diamonds anymore, but how about cheaper items? It would be an awesome way to hit a minimum spend every once in a great while.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:52 pm

Buying an item that you never intended to keep? Very tacky. I hope Costco bans you for life.

If you need to make a minimum spend, just buy some Costco gift cards. You will sleep better at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.