Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Devaluation? Effective 10 June

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Oh yeah, & there's a problem with the Enrich website.
It's showing an error page & this message :

Opps...

Error:
URI: /EnrichWebsite/Login.jsp
Status code: 404
Stack trace:
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Quite the opposite of "massive devaluation", ain't it?
Try KUL-LHR in J
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Try KUL-LHR in J
Thank goodness partner awards are still of excellent value!

Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Most curious incident this evening ..
I had some Enrich miles expiring so I decided to redeem BKK-KUL in Y for travel in Jun 2018.
This was the total cost of the redemption -
Total amount: MYR 140.10 + 11,000 MILES
Quite the opposite of "massive devaluation", ain't it?
Nice one!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:58 am

Oh yeah, & there's a problem with the Enrich website.
It's showing an error page & this message :
Where did you see that? Works fine for me
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I was expecting the worst but I just booked Hanoi-KUL-LHR return for September for around 91k points + RM1200 to use up the last of my Enrich points. Given that the routing and timing is as good as it is likely to get from there (Hanoi is a devil to get anywhere from) and economy flights were starting at around GBP800 return on worse routes I think this is a decent use of my points.

When we called to make the booking, she couldn't quote us the equivalent route on Qatar (Hanoi-BKK-DOH-LHR return) because of a "system issue" so I don't know if it would have been better value however I was happy with the flights we were offered at that moment in time so took them.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Anyone have any idea how many points are needed to upgrade from Economy to Business class on the Kul-LHR sector by any chance?

Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I got 80k Miles in the account orphaned, can't use it for partner redemptions since it's .... as well.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by wolf72
Anyone have any idea how many points are needed to upgrade from Economy to Business class on the Kul-LHR sector by any chance?

Thanks
Point 27 under Redeeming Enrich Miles: link
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eminere
Point 27 under Redeeming Enrich Miles: link
Oh wow! It only used to be about 45k before to upgrade from EY to Business....I guess times have changed and the Enrich program has to as well.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Really disappointed with MH. Just flew KL-London on Monday in EY on a "promo" fare (RM3900 return).

enrich miles awarded: 2059
elite miles earned: 1647
elite sectors earned: 1 (miserable point)

An absolute bloody joke...crap IFE...average food...no WIFI options...I think I will just stick to flying MH domestic. Their international product and enrich system has gone to the dogs.

This was a real eye opener for me as to how far down the ladder MH has fallen. They def. won't be getting my business anymore to europe. And Enrich is now officially crap!

Etihad, you have my business from now on.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by wolf72
Really disappointed with MH. Just flew KL-London on Monday in EY on a "promo" fare (RM3900 return).

enrich miles awarded: 2059
elite miles earned: 1647
elite sectors earned: 1 (miserable point)

An absolute bloody joke...crap IFE...average food...no WIFI options...I think I will just stick to flying MH domestic. Their international product and enrich system has gone to the dogs.

This was a real eye opener for me as to how far down the ladder MH has fallen. They def. won't be getting my business anymore to europe. And Enrich is now officially crap!

Etihad, you have my business from now on.
You booked a "promo" fare so you are lucky you got anything. If you were in another OW FFP you probably would have got nothing.

The key to any FFP is understanding what exactly you will accrue for the flights you plan to take. Generally speaking the less you pay the lower the FF benefits. Do some research then you won't be disappointed as you appear to have been here.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Originally Posted by minz56
You booked a "promo" fare so you are lucky you got anything. If you were in another OW FFP you probably would have got nothing.

The key to any FFP is understanding what exactly you will accrue for the flights you plan to take. Generally speaking the less you pay the lower the FF benefits. Do some research then you won't be disappointed as you appear to have been here.
Yes, but at RM3900, most other airlines would have had fares that accrue much more. So I do understand where wolf72 is coming from... I'm pretty sure you can get a mid-Y fare on Qatar that gives 50% to major programs.

MH in general has been pretty mediocre in terms of Oneworld accruals. It's terrible in Y, but occasionally affects J too (AU and UK flights earn full-fare Y instead of J on QFF).
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by Enhancements
Yes, but at RM3900, most other airlines would have had fares that accrue much more. So I do understand where wolf72 is coming from... I'm pretty sure you can get a mid-Y fare on Qatar that gives 50% to major programs.

MH in general has been pretty mediocre in terms of Oneworld accruals. It's terrible in Y, but occasionally affects J too (AU and UK flights earn full-fare Y instead of J on QFF).
I believe the devalued earn rates with QF flights was due to the QF-EK partnership; the earn rates were reduced oneworld-wide back then.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Enhancements
MH is excellent in terms of Oneworld (as in no mile differentiation like CX, QF etc), and a heck of a lot better than Qantas in many ways.

The J->Y QF you mention is Qantas devaluing their own program to their own members. My guess is because MH from AU->LHR is generally much cheaper than QF AU->LHR and QF didn't want people taking MH and earning similar status credits as they were on Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.