Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Devaluation? Effective 10 June

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm gonna try redeem for a one way EY First Apartments on the A380.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Giving up on enrich and switching to Krisflyer.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by wolf72
Giving up on enrich and switching to Krisflyer.
I am using BA for OW and Aegean for Star Alliance.

BA had its devaluation but making emerald seems easy enough with 4 BA flights and the TP earning on MH regional flights.

Krisflyer seems stingy with points and benefits and points expire after 3 years (from point of earning no matter if there is additional activity or not).

Globalist
Old May 23, 2017, 5:19 am

Do people still maintain Enrich as their FFP? There's nothing competitive about this program... am wondering who does.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Do people still maintain Enrich as their FFP? There's nothing competitive about this program... am wondering who does.
Lots of clueless people do. FT is just a small community and there are a lot of people who don't care or who don't know how FFP works.

Last edited by nov11; May 24, 2017 at 9:49 am
Old May 23, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I find this particularly strange when an airline is going through the process of rebuilding its image to make brutal cuts to its frequent flyer programme.

US airlines and BA have proven how powerful/important a good frequent flyer programme can be and it always surprises me when an airline targets it own frequent flyers at a time when it's trying to grow and deal with serious losses in previous years in a highly competitive area of the world.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nov11
Lots of clueless people do. FT is just a small community and there are a lot of people who don't care or who doesn't know how FFP works.
I think this will affect MH very little given the majority of enrich members are Malaysian who generally fly east to west and vise versa and domestic with some corporate and government types flying international off and on.

But they certainly will lose the international type flyers who will no doubt be aware what these enhancements mean and have other options as they are not wholly dependent on MH for travel, unlike Malaysians who either fly MH, Malindo or Air Asia.

The Air Asia big points or whatever it is called is a joke and now, enrich perhaps joins it now as far as how bad it has become.

MH really, really just shot themselves in the foot with these "enhancements."
Old May 23, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
OK, I'm also going to switch.
Thinking of switching to Qatar Privilege Club, since I'm living in Malaysia and being OW Sapphire I can use the mileage runs with MH to maintain status.
Or would you guys think Qatar is not a good choice?
Really appreciate your thoughts!
Old May 23, 2017, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Thinking of switching to Qatar Privilege Club, since I'm living in Malaysia and being OW Sapphire I can use the mileage runs with MH to maintain status.
Do you fly international/regional routes or domestic routes for the vast majority of the time you travel?

This will probably determine who you go with I think.

If Air Asia actually got their act together and sorted out their rewards program, they would probably kill off the enrich program in a year or two.

That one is hopeless as it is.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wolf72
Do you fly international/regional routes or domestic routes for the vast majority of the time you travel?

This will probably determine who you go with I think.

If Air Asia actually got their act together and sorted out their rewards program, they would probably kill off the enrich program in a year or two.

That one is hopeless as it is.
I'm doing regional/intercontinental flights maybe once every two months, but I expect this will become more. Domestically I also fly quite a bit, but mainly to maintain Gold status. As I may move to another country in a while, I'd think Qatar might be good having a large network. Air Asia is out of the question, I'm after flying in comfort.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by quinzinho
What benefits do you value the most when flying? Most programs require you to fly minimum segments with their host airline in order to qualify for status - making it difficult to obtain and requalify without fronting up significant cash you otherwise wouldn't spend.

Enrich has a soft landing system when you have ~4 segments on MH, and if you fly MH - the chances of receiving upgrades are much higher than if you were a QR member.

As for some redemptions, Enrich is simply coming into line with other programs in the region. When you take the time look at the new Oneworld/partner chart, it's not THAT bad.

The changes are not perfect and I can think of flaws in every southeast Asian program.

I look at it this way - the changes likely provide Enrich with more wiggle room to re-invest into members, more benefits, better lounges and an overall improved experience for members. The logical path forward for Enrich is to reinvest back into members.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by d00t
What benefits do you value the most when flying? Most programs require you to fly minimum segments with their host airline in order to qualify for status - making it difficult to obtain and requalify without fronting up significant cash you otherwise wouldn't spend.

Enrich has a soft landing system when you have ~4 segments on MH, and if you fly MH - the chances of receiving upgrades are much higher than if you were a QR member.

As for some redemptions, Enrich is simply coming into line with other programs in the region. When you take the time look at the new Oneworld/partner chart, it's not THAT bad.

The changes are not perfect and I can think of flaws in every southeast Asian program.

I look at it this way - the changes likely provide Enrich with more wiggle room to re-invest into members, more benefits, better lounges and an overall improved experience for members. The logical path forward for Enrich is to reinvest back into members.
I value most the ability to redeem/receive upgrades and award tickets.
Qatar requires 4 segments anually I saw, which is not an issue since it's my airline of choice when going to Europe.
But I'll check the other OW carriers programs and see how it compares. Actually I believe you're the first one in this topic saying the changes to Enrich are not too bad
Old May 24, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

In 30 years of flying on MH, I have never ever gotten an upgrade. Not once.

I will reserve my judgement on the new enhanced enrich program for now but...it's just not good.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I credit to AA. No minimum segments requirement. Their charts got devalued, but there's still some value to be found. I also like that it's quite easy to book some of their partners online, e.g. Qantas.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb

It's not simply a matter of aligning the number of miles with other SEA programmes, one has to factor in ease of mile accrual especially in terms of % bonus for status members and/or ease/rates of credit card points conversion into the programme, to name a few. There've been pretty bad devaluations on the credit card points to enrich miles conversion ratio front over the past few years as well and there are even caps on the number of points convertible annually imposed by a number of Malaysian banks. One also has to obviously price the worth per mile based on the actual revenue fares available, and we all know MH has one of the lowest fares (especially J) out there. I'm actually now personally finding it easier to amass KF miles versus Enrich miles.

To put it simply, it's going to be cheaper (in terms of actual miles required) to redeem a J ticket on SQ now versus MH from KUL-LHR as an example; and is MH's J product superior to SQ's? I'll let you be the judge of that. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest MH Fanboys out there, but with this upcoming devaluation (3rd devaluation in a short period), it's time to say good bye to Enrich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.