Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines Official Policy on Checking bags on separate tickets

Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
Heres MHs current official position as advised to the public:
https://askmh.malaysiaairlines.com/f...language=en_US

Originally Posted by AskMH, as of Mar 25, 2022
If I'm travelling multiple sectors, can I check-in my baggage to the final destination?
Yes, as long as you are holding a single PNR.

For flights on oneworld member airlines, Malaysia Airlines still allows passengers to check-through to a final destination with baggage even if the sectors are ticketed separately on separate bookings provided the travel begins with Malaysia Airlines. Please note that this may not be possible on your return journey if travel begins with another oneworld member airline that chooses to adhere to the new oneworld obligation. Certain oneworld and code-share flights allow our passengers to check-through while some do not. Please confirm the status of your ticket at the check-in counter.

For those who are wondering how it's done in Amadeus Altea, here is a video someone at MH took of their training session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwbtQvMphGI

In this video they show how to add "inbound" flights and "outbound" flights to the check-in record.

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Airlines Official Policy on Checking bags on separate tickets

Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:48 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Will MH through-check to PG on separate tickets? I am trying to book KUL-BKK-CNX but the flights are no longer found on the MH website even though there is an MH codeshare number for the PG flight.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by a_k
Will MH through-check to PG on separate tickets? I am trying to book KUL-BKK-CNX but the flights are no longer found on the MH website even though there is an MH codeshare number for the PG flight.
The official policy is still current. You might get an agent who goes above and beyond for non-OW onward travel, but I'd still plan for a no.
DiamondMile and a_k like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:02 am
a_k

Originally Posted by SilverChris
The official policy is still current. You might get an agent who goes above and beyond for non-OW onward travel, but I'd still plan for a no.
Thanks for the info. Really strange that the itinerary has completely vanished from the website and OTAs return errors when trying to pull up the fares, especially considering that yesterday MH coincidentally published a Facebook post promoting CNX!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by a_k
Thanks for the info. Really strange that the itinerary has completely vanished from the website and OTAs return errors when trying to pull up the fares, especially considering that yesterday MH coincidentally published a Facebook post promoting CNX!
Could have something to do with MH launching CNX.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:41 pm
a_k

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Could have something to do with MH launching CNX.
That was a good point, but if I search for later in the year once the route has commenced, fares for both MH direct KUL-CNX and MH-PG as KUL-BKK-CNX show up. Seems like a bug preventing bookings over the next few months. Anyways, a bit OT now for this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.