FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines Official Policy on Checking bags on separate tickets
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:22 pm
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Does anyone have recent experience with MH interlining checked baggage to Star Alliance carriers e.g SQ / TG?
The last time I tried was last year & it was done w/o any issues.
Thanks!
Update today - not able to check thru' from MH73-SQ119 (HKG-KUL-SIN) on 2 separate PNR

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Depends on how lenient the check-in agent is. It's easier at outports, I find.
Not in HKG I guess, no problem in SIN/KUL

Originally Posted by crackjack
Hmmm, interesting... looks like MH changed their policy on interlining baggage across separate tickets in Jan this year?
Not sure how they’d be able to control the activities of the code-shared partners’ check-in agents (per that second point above, “MH flight number on codeshare partners connecting with ...”), but this would definitely have been useful for the NRT-KUL(MH) -> KUL-SIN (MI-metal, MH-coded) connection I did a while ago.
Good to know, thanks.
I should be more careful with interlining on 2 separate PNR, something which I used to take for granted when it was MH/SQ.
(I'm done with QR & OZ GOLD renewal for the next membership year i.e. 2019/2020 so I won't be traveling much the rest of the year anyways)

I have a 2hr layover in KUL barring any delays ex HKG, & the weather seems all right today compared to 2 weeks ago so fingers crossed ^
Just a hassle (and me being lazy) to exit KLIA immigration & re check the bags .. which are stuffed with Wing Wah mooncakes ... (for Mom & friends, not me)