Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury hotels in London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Amex Plat, FHR, SPG
Originally Posted by JanePond
You might check out the Stafford, down the street in St James from the Ritz. Recently re-decorated and upgraded, although no pool. Fabulous concierge and food and beverage staff. Great food, service and intimate.
^ Love the Stafford. Hidden gem of London.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by JanePond
You might check out the Stafford, down the street in St James from the Ritz. Recently re-decorated and upgraded, although no pool. Fabulous concierge and food and beverage staff. Great food, service and intimate.
Just checked that one. It seems that they do have remarkable offers such as the £100,000 Anniversary Package (Luxurious London pied a terre for three nights at The Stafford)

Note:The £100,000 Anniversary Package is priced at £100,000, excluding taxes and gratuities. So, that's another £20K?

Seriously now, it looks really good.^
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by potakas
Hi all!

From what I read so far FS seems to be the safest option as I couldn't find any bad comments but I am not that impressed, as it seems to be a business/city hotel.
I do think Four Seasons Park Lane has BY FAR the most personal, impressive service standards in London, so if impeccably polished service, including regular use of your name, is your top priority, I'd definitely pick the FS.

But I think the room decor is uninspired, particularly in the category you're considering, such that I am fairly confident you will be disappointed if you're looking for a room that will feel individually tailored. Even the suite I was in was remarkably bland and corporate in its decor. High quality hardware, certainly, but uninspired. The public areas are better. But if you're looking for really attractive rooms, I'd pick the Covent Garden Hotel, or even the new rooms at the Connaught or the Savoy. Even the rooms at the iffy Royal Horseguards were more attractive than the FS Park Lane ones.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:21 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by potakas
Just checked that one. It seems that they do have remarkable offers such as the £100,000 Anniversary Package (Luxurious London pied a terre for three nights at The Stafford)

Note:The £100,000 Anniversary Package is priced at £100,000, excluding taxes and gratuities. So, that's another £20K?
I guess you missed Marketing 101...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I do think Four Seasons Park Lane has BY FAR the most personal, impressive service standards in London, so if impeccably polished service, including regular use of your name, is your top priority, I'd definitely pick the FS.

But I think the room decor is uninspired, particularly in the category you're considering, such that I am fairly confident you will be disappointed if you're looking for a room that will feel individually tailored. Even the suite I was in was remarkably bland and corporate in its decor. High quality hardware, certainly, but uninspired. The public areas are better. But if you're looking for really attractive rooms, I'd pick the Covent Garden Hotel, or even the new rooms at the Connaught or the Savoy. Even the rooms at the iffy Royal Horseguards were more attractive than the FS Park Lane ones.
Agree, although if you are travelling solo, then one of the Deluxe rooms at FS works OK as they are well thought through, with great desks, but the suites are the thing to go for, especially those with terraces. Covent Garden Hotel is far superior when it comes to rooms, and The Connaught's new wing, too (the Aman spa helps). Not entirely convinced about The Savoy.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Agree, although if you are travelling solo, then one of the Deluxe rooms at FS works OK as they are well thought through, with great desks, but the suites are the thing to go for, especially those with terraces. Covent Garden Hotel is far superior when it comes to rooms, and The Connaught's new wing, too (the Aman spa helps). Not entirely convinced about The Savoy.
Excellent points.

I would strongly recommend the advice of DavidO further up the thread however in this case where he suggests "go where the girlfriend wants"- this is always the winner in my personal experiences (even if it happens to be an aloft when you want a Four Seasons for an extreme example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.