Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2004, 8:33 am
Community Director Emerita

Gilchrist & Soames

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I've had Gilchrest and Soames toiletries in several hotels, mainly in Asia. They tend to range from poor to decent quality, in terms of the scent, packaging and the actual product quality.
I agree with your remarks completely, so was very surprised to get a Gilchrist and Soames set I actually liked at what was the Mayfair Intercontinental (now rebranded as a Radisson). Each product was made from a different sea vegetable - sea fennel, sea lettuce, and on. It is the only G/S set I´ve ever gotten that I liked - and I like it a lot.

I´ve also had the rare Caswell & Massey toiletry set in either a sandalwood line or an almond line. I like both.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Just returned from Prague and loved the Four Seasons but their amenities weren't great - I personally don't mind l'Occitane products, but I had to call housekeeping to ask for a scale, sewing kit, Q tips etc. (at least they haven't started using wall hair dryers!) They are getting pretty stingy worldwide I think - the Four Seasons New York still has Bulgari but I wonder how long before they phase that out?
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:17 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I enquired at the FS Singapore about receiving Bulgari amenities instead of L'Occitane -- since the FS Toronto was more than happy to give me both!!
The FS Singapore informed me that they only give those out in suites but I could "purchase" them for SGD 15 each........ seems rather stingy to me......
The hotel also mentioned that Bulgari will be discontinued, at least at their hotel, due to the opening of Bulgari's "own" hotel --management are apparently looking for new toiletries of a similar high calibre to that of Bulgari. I wonder what they will choose?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I agree with your remarks completely, so was very surprised to get a Gilchrist and Soames set I actually liked at what was the Mayfair Intercontinental (now rebranded as a Radisson). Each product was made from a different sea vegetable - sea fennel, sea lettuce, and on. It is the only G/S set I´ve ever gotten that I liked - and I like it a lot.
I also agree with your remark completely! The only G&S toiletry set that I like was exactly as you described above, which I got at the spa of InterContinental (ex-Regent) in HK. So I assume they stock the same stuff in the hotel rooms, and in many of the upscale IC hotels worldwide? (Don't know as I'm not a frequent IC hotel guest.)
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
For all of you Bulgari eau the vert fans, Silversea cruises provided them in every suite (that means all cabins). I first got hooked on this stuff 5 years ago & use the The for everyday & the Blu for evenings/winter. The white is too sweet.

I just don't get L'Occitane - my hands & lips get drier after using their hand cream / lip conditioner - is it just me?
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Originally Posted by brendamc
For all of you Bulgari eau the vert fans, Silversea cruises provided them in every suite (that means all cabins). I first got hooked on this stuff 5 years ago & use the The for everyday & the Blu for evenings/winter. The white is too sweet.

I just don't get L'Occitane - my hands & lips get drier after using their hand cream / lip conditioner - is it just me?
Now that you mention it, I noticed drier hair after using the shampoo/conditioner - like the lemony smell of the soap, though.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
For those of you who mentioned Bulgari toiletries, have you always gotten their "the vert" (green tea) line? I've received Bulgari in a number of Starwood's Luxury Collection hotels, but they're mainly stocked in the suites only, and it's always and only been "the vert".

- snip -
I think that these branded toiletries are glamorous mainly due to their brand and scent but are probably made of very basic ingredients. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made by one of the few major suppliers in the same factories that make all the cheap stuff for 3 or 4-star hotels, perhaps using the same basic ingredients. Can anyone in the business confirm or shed more light on this?

I'd rather have high quality hair and body care products with a pleasant scent than glamorous products from brands that are not known for making hair and body care products. For instance, Park Hyatt Tokyo carries Aesop products from Australia and Grand Hyatt Tokyo carries Ren products from the UK. While I'm not that familiar with these companies, their website and marketing materials at least claim that they specialize in hair and body care products. Even L'Occitane toiletries are pretty high quality, if not as glam as Bulgari and Hermes.
I agree - I love the smell of Bulgari, but the hair conditioner & lotion are not what I would consider high quality in terms of moisturizing/detangling qualities.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I just checked in to the Four Seasons Dallas. I paid rack rate for a deluxe room and was upgraded to a villa suite -- the nicest room I've had in a dozen stays at this property. The amenities are Acca Kappa, which I'm not familiar with, but which certainly seem nice.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 5:02 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Four Seasons Berlin

I am currently staying at the Four Seasons Berlin. The standard toiletries are L'Occitane -- the Verveine body wash is sehr schon -- but upon request the hotel supplied me with Bulgari toiletries, albeit the smaller sized bottles, not the large ones you get in Paris.

At the Four Seasons Bangkok I think the label was JayaThai or something like that -- a local brand -- but smells nice and are very large bottles which are replenished twice a day.

Finally, I believe Acca Pacca is an Italian brand which is becoming more and more popular in Toronto. Their eucalyptus flavoured toothpaste is great!!
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Originally Posted by luxury
The Waldorf Towers use Penhaligon's.
It's also offered through the Waldorf's periodic e-mails as part of their signature collection

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
OT for Four Seasons, but what brand of amenities say luxury to you?
Perhaps not "luxury," but certainly "comfort" . . . I've always been partial to Caswell-Massey amenities. I've used their products for years.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:10 am

The 4 Seasons at Westlake Vilalge ahs the biggest spa of all the 4 Seasons along with the California Health & Longevity Institute and they use L'Occitane at the spa and the hotel. The verbena is relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I have sensitive skin and none of the products caused a reaction.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by gertmeister
The 4 Seasons at Westlake Vilalge ahs the biggest spa of all the 4 Seasons along with the California Health & Longevity Institute and they use L'Occitane at the spa and the hotel. The verbena is relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I have sensitive skin and none of the products caused a reaction.
Well, you were lucky. L'Occitane certainly has fewer chemicals in it than the usual hotel junk, but it is by no means free of them. Personally, it makes my eyes water just sniffing it.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:57 am

FS Resort Bora Bora = L'Occitane all the way (rooms + pool amenities)
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by scented
FS Resort Bora Bora = L'Occitane all the way (rooms + pool amenities)
I do hear though that FS are looking for higher quality alternatives.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:31 am

Too bad Park Hyatt has Aesop already - I really like their products, which are IMO much much nicer than L'Occitaine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.