Reload this Page >

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:12 pm

Just had a two nights stay at Four Seasons Miami. Was staying in their One Bedroom Suite and found out that they used the special "Ortigia" Brand Toiletries made exclusive to FS Miami. Boy that was one of the worst product I had in years. Strong chemical smell so I immediately contacted the frontdesk to replaced it with L'occitane. They said its hotel management to replace this brand with Loccitane/Bulgari. It smells cheap and doesn't feel good either.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Canada (25k), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Platinum)
New FS Toronto = Etro.

Very nice!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:49 pm

FS Santa Barbara; L'Occitane
FS Las Vegas: Bulgari
FS BW: I cannot remember, it was two initials, but not that great.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Jac747
The FS Hualai(sp?) on the Big Island of Hawaii uses L'Occitane but went from using full sizes to small but not minature, sizes. The FS in Vancouver did not use any name products last time I stayed there.
Ouch, I liked the bigger sizes for coming back after swimming, and such. I think they could afford it given the average room is north of $1,000 per night.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Being cheap with the tolletries is one of my pet peeves for luxury hotels. If I wanted to stay at a Hilton, I would do that.
GratefulSmile likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Also annoyed when premium brands use any of the Gilchrist and Soames products. I find them to be cheap, overly fragranced, and not very good for the skin or hair.

Speaking of FS, I have never much cared for the Bvlgari or the L'Occitaine products. 2 best toiletries I've ever received at a hotel:

- Kiehls at "The Hotel of South Beach". Middle of the road chic design hotel, but great taste in toiletries.

- Santa Maria Novella at Casa Tua, Miami Beach. These were full-size bottles and they welcomed guests to take them. Pleasant but not overpowering smell, felt like they were high quality. And perhaps equally as important - they were a welcome departure from the same 3-4 brands that seem to pervade the luxury hotel world. (n.b. - the hotel website used to publicize the use of this brand. I see that they no longer specifically list Novella as their toiletry provider)
Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:54 am

I hear that FS Dubai has switched to Guerlain for suites and Sodashi for rooms. Is the same true for other high-end properties like George V?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by sandeep.thilakan
I hear that FS Dubai has switched to Guerlain for suites and Sodashi for rooms. Is the same true for other high-end properties like George V?
Surely it should be the other way around? Sodashi, which is free fron man-made chemicals, is a far superior product to Guerlain!
offerendum, scented and jp-mco like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sandeep.thilakan
FSGV has indeed switch to Guerlain from the beloved Bvlgari au Thé Vert. Guerlain is also offered at the recently opened FS Philadelphia. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your view, FS does not have any uniformity among its properties. I suppose I do enjoy the variety between hotels, but this also also leaves open the possibility of landing at a property with L’Occitane soaps which I’ve never been too fond of. Most newer properties have much better offerings. Some notable standouts include:

FS Montreal - Byredo
FS Toronto - Le Labo
FS NY Downtown - Maison Margiela
FS San Francisco Embarcadero - Codage
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

FS Seoul - Natura Bisse
FS Tokyo Otemachi - Frederic Malle
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:06 pm

FS Tokyo Marunouchi - L'Occitane
FS Kyoto - Lorenzo Villoresi
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
FS Seychelles - Sodashi
FS Seychelles at Desroches Island - Terres d'Afrique
vuittonsofstyle and scented like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:18 am

FS Madrid - Hermes un jardin sur le nil
FS Singapore - L'Occitane in rooms and Guerlain for the specialty suites
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by imjellybrah26
FS Madrid - Hermes un jardin sur le nil
FS Singapore - L'Occitane in rooms and Guerlain for the specialty suites
FS need to stop the L'Occitane placements. They wouldn't consider McDonald's for one of their F&B outlets, so why L'Occitane in Spa and/or rooms...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:32 am

I've been asking FS Montreal to consider replacing its Byredo product with an alternative not named with an ethnic slur (the product they use is called "gypsy" water). Their initial response (in Summer 2020, when there was a heightened sensitivity to such issues) was to say they were phasing it out and they understood my concerns. I raised it again a few months ago when I stayed there again and saw that they were still using the same product. This time, the response was that they would put a different product in my room from now on so that I wouldn't be offended. Disappointing and short sighted, in my opinion.
scented likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.