Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
Four Seasons Las Vegas

Just returned from a stay in a suite, and they had Bulgari The Blanc. One day the maid put a large bar of L'Occitaine soap in one of the bathrooms.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
FS Anahita

L'Occitane in huge bottles that get topped up.

Btw stayed in a suite at Ciragan Palace Istanbul last month - Molton Brown, which I like best together with Bvlgari - white or green.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: CO Plat (UA 1K), DL Plat, AXP Cent, FS By Invitatn
Here's what I have seen:

Four Seasons Hualalai: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Maui: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire: Asprey Purple Water (unusual - and I actually liked it!)
Four Seasons George V: Bulgari The Vert (love!)
Four Seasons Boston: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Hong Kong: L'Occitane

Frankly, I'm a little surprised by the L'Occitane in those Four Seasons hotels, for the rates that I paid for the rooms...
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Latkesanddimsum
Here's what I have seen:

Four Seasons Hualalai: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Maui: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire: Asprey Purple Water (unusual - and I actually liked it!)
Four Seasons George V: Bulgari The Vert (love!)
Four Seasons Boston: L'Occitane
Four Seasons Hong Kong: L'Occitane

Frankly, I'm a little surprised by the L'Occitane in those Four Seasons hotels, for the rates that I paid for the rooms...
You are confusing brand image and quality. L'Occitane, if anything, uses more expensive ingredients than Asprey, Bvlgari and Molton Brown, all of which derive from laboratory test tubes and are, therefore, incredibly cheap to manufacture (you just pay for the packaging).

I have yet to see any hotel provide toiletries that I would consider using, which is why I always take my own.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

none of the companies that do sodashi in spas offer it as an option in rooms or top suites?

surely aman would once their custom line is done?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
none of the companies that do sodashi in spas offer it as an option in rooms or top suites?

surely aman would once their custom line is done?
Wolgan Valley put Sodashi amenity line in my suite when I stayed, but I gather it is not throughout the property.

The only FS I know that has Sodashi amenities is FS Kuda Huraa - a class act!

Aman's custom spa line is up and running (experienced this at Amanpuri, Amantaka etc) but their toiletries tend to be locally made - better than most, certainly, but not as pure as their new spa line!

It is expensive to put chemical-free toiletries in rooms and most hotels are just too mean. Either that or their guests are not sufficiently discriminating or knowledgeable to know that just about every branded hotel amenity is made from petrochemical waste. All they care about is the smell (synthetic, of course).
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The only FS I know that has Sodashi amenities is FS Kuda Huraa - a class act!
standard option? wow. only hotel at all right?

how does cost compare to full size hermes and aqua di parma? i dont know much about this stuff, but those seem to have been the most expensive standard offerings mentioned here.

id assume aman would do it on request, at least for amanjunkies.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ry-brands.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 5, 2011 at 10:40 pm
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:13 pm

Ritz Carlton (FS) Chicago offers L'Occiatane in the rooms; Bvlgari White Tea in the suites.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: CO Plat (UA 1K), DL Plat, AXP Cent, FS By Invitatn
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
You are confusing brand image and quality. L'Occitane, if anything, uses more expensive ingredients than Asprey, Bvlgari and Molton Brown, all of which derive from laboratory test tubes and are, therefore, incredibly cheap to manufacture (you just pay for the packaging).

I have yet to see any hotel provide toiletries that I would consider using, which is why I always take my own.
Well - for me - the L'Occitane toiletries do absolutely nothing. The soaps make my face itch, and the conditioners and shampoos do nothing special for my hair. So, for me (and maybe not for you), L'Occitane is a bit on the ordinary side.

Again, to each, their own, but thank you for posting a reply. It is great that there so many diverse opinions out there, because there is not always one clear, correct answer!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: BA BD SA
FS Hampshire, garden view room, had L'Occitane in small bottles.

And they were pretty mean about replacing them! Surely when the shower gel gets to less than half of a small bottle it should be replaced?!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:19 am

May be I'm odd to you but I do not like when bottles which are not empty are replaced. It's a waste and both for economics & nature it makes me uncomfortable. They always shall add one new bottle, but not take away the old one when it still contains product.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Latkesanddimsum
Well - for me - the L'Occitane toiletries do absolutely nothing. The soaps make my face itch, and the conditioners and shampoos do nothing special for my hair. So, for me (and maybe not for you), L'Occitane is a bit on the ordinary side.

Again, to each, their own, but thank you for posting a reply. It is great that there so many diverse opinions out there, because there is not always one clear, correct answer!
You misunderstand - I am not saying that I would EVER use L'Occitane because it, too contains chemicals, which is why it makes your face itch and is, as you say, a bit ordinary, but compared to products like Molton Brown, Aqua di Parma and Bvlgari; all of which list ingredients that are almost entirely synthetic, it is positively ecological!!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
standard option? wow. only hotel at all right?

how does cost compare to full size hermes and aqua di parma? i dont know much about this stuff, but those seem to have been the most expensive standard offerings mentioned here.

id assume aman would do it on request, at least for amanjunkies.
I don't know the cost of Sodashi toiletries compared to, say, Hermes or Aqua di Parma, but I do know that the ingredients used in Sodashi are much more expensive, so their manufacturing costs are inevitably higher. It is a bit like comparing a meal by Alain Ducasse with a hamburger from Macdonalds - you get what you pay for.

Designer brands, such as those you mention, charge for their name and their packaging, but their manufacturing costs are so low that they often, allegedly, do deals with hotels. It is a little like product placement in movies - if your name is in a hot hotel, then the publicity is well worth the outlay.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
May be I'm odd to you but I do not like when bottles which are not empty are replaced. It's a waste and both for economics & nature it makes me uncomfortable. They always shall add one new bottle, but not take away the old one when it still contains product.
Despite what I wrote, that's actually what I meant.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I agree with Vuitton. I much prefer the L'Occitane toiletries to those awful Molton brown and Bulgari products. The perfumey smell of those brands gives me a headache.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.