Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 1:58 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
We got Hermes at the Hotel des Bergues a couple years back; The Savoy in London use Floris Cefiro toiletries which are quite nice; the Langham Hilton used Carven for regular rooms and Penhaligon's in the Exec floors and suites.

I recall getting toiletries by Bijan but I can't remember where exactly..... they weren't that nice either......
Old May 15, 2004, 4:51 pm

St. Regis NY has Bijan.

The City Club in NY (although not what I would call a true luxury hotel) has Hermes in all the rooms.
Old May 16, 2004, 1:35 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
The St. Regis Grand in Rome uses Hermes too. I love them.

Two years ago I stayed at the Kempinski Hotel in Budapest and had heard their toiletries were Bulgari. Well, they were no longer. They downgraded them to Wella's. Imagine, with an awful smell! And we were staying at the large Presidential Suite!!!
Old May 16, 2004, 6:02 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Bulgari

My husband and I recently received Bulgari products at the Four Seasons Georges V and the Milliken Creek Inn in Napa. Great hotels....great toiletries.
Old May 16, 2004, 10:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Places I know with Hermes:
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
[/list]

Hummm, how did you know that?

I'll be staying two nights at the Ritz and two at de Crillon this weekend; I'll give an update.
Old May 16, 2004, 11:26 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Hummm, how did you know that?

I'll be staying two nights at the Ritz and two at de Crillon this weekend; I'll give an update.
Must have been a fly on the wall
Old May 17, 2004, 6:04 am

Funny about Penhaligon's Blenheim. I first discovered it over 15 years ago at The Draycott Hotel in London (now the Cliveden Town House). I liked it immediatly and am still introducing friends to it.
Old May 17, 2004, 7:27 am

Cut backs

The reason you are not seeing sewing kits and shoe horns is because of cut backs. Sometimes the hotels try to save money by cutting the little things. They are trying to make their bottom line look better for their owners. They can do it or get away with it in some markets but not all. But in most cases they have a corporate mandate to have "everything" in the room. Some rooms executives, who want to be a GM someday, make the cuts to make their numbers look better.
Does anyone really use the shower cap? Would you all mind if the hotels did away with those? Anything else you could do without?
Old May 17, 2004, 8:00 am

what type of Bulgari & Hermes?

For those of you who mentioned Bulgari toiletries, have you always gotten their "the vert" (green tea) line? I've received Bulgari in a number of Starwood's Luxury Collection hotels, but they're mainly stocked in the suites only, and it's always and only been "the vert".

Also, Hermes in even more hotels, and they've all been their "eau d'orange verte" (green orange) line.

Yes, St. Regis NY downgraded from Tiffany to Bijian a few years back. The butler claimed that the reason was that some guests complained about the strong scent of Tiffany, but Bijian's scent is nothing special.

Many years ago, the Crescent Court in Dallas stocked Chanel products. Wonder what they stock these days?

I think that these branded toiletries are glamorous mainly due to their brand and scent but are probably made of very basic ingredients. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made by one of the few major suppliers in the same factories that make all the cheap stuff for 3 or 4-star hotels, perhaps using the same basic ingredients. Can anyone in the business confirm or shed more light on this?

I'd rather have high quality hair and body care products with a pleasant scent than glamorous products from brands that are not known for making hair and body care products. For instance, Park Hyatt Tokyo carries Aesop products from Australia and Grand Hyatt Tokyo carries Ren products from the UK. While I'm not that familiar with these companies, their website and marketing materials at least claim that they specialize in hair and body care products. Even L'Occitane toiletries are pretty high quality, if not as glam as Bulgari and Hermes.
Old May 17, 2004, 3:20 pm

Cutbacks Indeed

I was at the FS Newport Beach in March '04 where they had L'Occitane products: hand and body soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion.

They were never refreshed! I used the same products throughout a three night stay.

Contrast that with the Phoenician where they gave me a fresh set with each morning cleaning and at turn-down service.

Believe it or not I got Bulgari products in the Arrivals Envoy Lounge for US Airways at LGW.
Old May 17, 2004, 4:56 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Bulgari - Vert

Always Bulgari Vert....which is a shame, because I like Blu much better.
Old May 17, 2004, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
For those of you who mentioned Bulgari toiletries, have you always gotten their "the vert" (green tea)
I have had the green line a few times now. Anytime I come across the scent I am reminded of Seadream cruise lines (where I first came across it as a bath amenity). Not a bad memory at all...
Old May 18, 2004, 12:44 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Hermes - Eau d'orange vert

Yes , in the St. Regis in Rome it was Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte. I like it ^
Old May 18, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
ACtually last year we staued at the FS San Diego Aviara, they actually had the L'Occitane prodcuts, we loved them so much that now we are regular customers at the L'Occitane shop in Toronto on Bloor Street, we use them at home now too. By the way I don't know if you can classify the San Diego FS as a low end FS.
Old May 18, 2004, 1:31 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I've only ever got L'Occitane at Four Seasons. In the past year, Maui, Big Island and Nevis (it was beach kind of year). We really dig them and still have a goodly selection at home from our aggressive suitcasing of stuff. The Verbena soap is a particular fave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.