Mandarin Oriental - New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandarin Oriental - New York

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BLV
A concierge who rode down in the elevator with us and had no idea what "Masa" (subject of which came up after he asked where we're headed) was/is because he's "not from around here, but from Brooklyn" (that killed me lol).
You should have replied that you were going to visit a Member of the Acoustical Society of America
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AC, BA
Spa

Does anyone have any experience with the spa at this hotel? Going to be there next week and wondering if it's worth checking out.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by allstar_yvr
Does anyone have any experience with the spa at this hotel? Going to be there next week and wondering if it's worth checking out.
Yes, I had a facial here quite recently - very well trained therapists and a nice atmosphere throughout. One of NYC's better hotel spas.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:28 pm
BLV

Had a facial & massage about 2.5 weeks ago. The facility is very nice, both services were nothing special and I doubt I'd return. My previous spa visit there was about 2 years ago.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
So I was looking at the room service menu for the hotel; it claims the hotel will charge a $55 corkage fee for any beverages not purchased from the hotel. That seems extraordinary; has anyone heard of such a thing?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Bring your own corkscrew.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by NickW
So I was looking at the room service menu for the hotel; it claims the hotel will charge a $55 corkage fee for any beverages not purchased from the hotel. That seems extraordinary; has anyone heard of such a thing?
I had some "own" drinks at the MO and didnt pay anything. Also: How should they know?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by allstar_yvr
The spa is just amazing! The setting is beautiful and the treatments are very good. They also have a jacuzzi/relaxation little pool which is also very nice. But I have to say that it's one of the most expensive spa that I've ever experienced.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Jdp27
But I have to say that it's one of the most expensive spa that I've ever experienced.
My thoughts! When Im normally in NY I dont have time for SPA.....
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro; United Premier Platinum
Bump - Has anyone stayed here recently?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 am

We were there in October, had a lovely room with a park view. Many interesting drinks on the drink menu in the bar. Did not try spa, massages were way out of my price point comfort range. Pool did look nice, but I did not bring a suit. Husband was at a conference in hotel, so I window shopped and hung out in the room reading and enjoying the view. Did not see any famous people in elevator, but there were rumors about someone staying there. I forgot who it was!
TravelLawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.