Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico, my haven

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Vancouver Guy
We are looking at the Hacienda San Jose or Hacienda Temozon (www.thehaciendas.com). Does anyone have a preference? Let me know which property and why.
Have you discovered this thread in the Marriott forum? Hopefully someone will weigh in on this forum, but you'll also find useful information here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
KatW likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

At this moment I have arrived at Chable Yucatan, just outside Merida. I am an old hand with Mexico travel and I am way out of mind ecstatic about this old Hacienda (ranch) carefully restored. More to come.
SanDiego1K and LinLant like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:12 pm

Updated recommendations for Acapulco?

Does anyone have any updated recommendations for Acapulco? It is increasing in popularity as a destination once again and it is much safer than it was in recent years. Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Safer? Please say more.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:19 pm

Safety?

Anyone who has recently been to Cabo felt unsafe? I know there's been some scary issues on the east coast, but wondering if it's a real concern. If so, might audible to Turks...

Also - trying to decide between Chileno Bay, Four Seasons, or Rosewood for a 5 year cancer free few days (wife, no kids). Since FS (and the RC) opened, wondering if anyone has wavered on the rankings of these properties?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by dhaller311
Anyone who has recently been to Cabo felt unsafe? I know there's been some scary issues on the east coast, but wondering if it's a real concern. If so, might audible to Turks...
We were in Cabo 3 weeks ago? 4 weeks? And felt perfectly safe.

What a wonderful reason to celebrate for you and your wife. I am so happy for you.
dhaller311 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:00 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

More testimony as to Cabo safety. I typically go three times a year and never have felt other safe, very friendly area. If you see someone misbehaving, it’s likely a U.S, college student. Last there April of this year.
dhaller311 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Based on recommendations from @KatW and others, I’ve just booked 4 nights in a Master Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta for Christmas with my girlfriend. It cost less than entry level rooms at unremarkable chain resorts, so it wasn’t a hard decision.

Would appreciate any hints for navigating the hotel or the local neighbourhood if anyone has any.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by dhaller311

Also - trying to decide between Chileno Bay, Four Seasons, or Rosewood for a 5 year cancer free few days (wife, no kids). Since FS (and the RC) opened, wondering if anyone has wavered on the rankings of these properties?
cabo has always been quite safe for us. Would definitely recommend Chileno Bay of those choices!
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:29 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Based on recommendations from @KatW and others, I’ve just booked 4 nights in a Master Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta for Christmas with my girlfriend. It cost less than entry level rooms at unremarkable chain resorts, so it wasn’t a hard decision.

Would appreciate any hints for navigating the hotel or the local neighbourhood if anyone has any.
LCQC is adjacent to La Ropa Beach which is lovely and swimmable. More than a mile long. Plop down anywhere. Many beach-front palapa restaurants. Inexpensive, delicious food — seafood and wonderfully typical Mexican fare.
EuropeanPete and bizum like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:57 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Based on recommendations from @KatW and others, I’ve just booked 4 nights in a Master Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta for Christmas with my girlfriend. It cost less than entry level rooms at unremarkable chain resorts, so it wasn’t a hard decision..
Would love to know how this worked for you. Hope Covid didn’t not destroy your plans.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Will try to write up a proper review shortly. Short summary: The hotel was lovely, both hard and soft product. The pre-arrival communication was terrible and the integration with Hyatt hasn't been worked out yet. Still, a great Christmas.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jan 2, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Will try to write up a proper review shortly. Short summary: The hotel was lovely, both hard and soft product. The pre-arrival communication was terrible and the integration with Hyatt hasn't been worked out yet. Still, a great Christmas.
Wow....I had no idea LCQC ( SLH) was part of an alliance with Hyatt. Is this good or bad?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by david55
Wow....I had no idea LCQC ( SLH) was part of an alliance with Hyatt. Is this good or bad?
Yes, it is, but I'm not sure it gets you much. You have to book thru Hyatt. That sometimes means higher rates. You can use Hyatt points to book a room. The hotel is a category 7, high insofar as Hyatt properties go. And I don't think I'd want a base room at this property, which is what a Hyatt award gives you. https://www.hyatt.com/brands/small-l...s-of-the-world I just checked the SLH subforum of the Hyatt forum and can find no reviews on the property.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by david55
For me it was good. For one thing I am pretty sure the rate I booked for a Master Pool Suite over Christmas in the Black Friday sale was a mistake and so I got a great deal (no issues with the hotel honouring the rate, but I heard some guests asking why they couldn't get one of our suites). The nights should also bring me to another 10 Hyatt nights which should trigger another 30K points bonus for me - though the stay hasn't automatically posted so I've had to raise it with my concierge. In theory you get a one cat room upgrade (but the only room better than mine was the Owner's Suite) and continental breakfast for free - but I never got around to asking about it and breakfast at the restaurant is just $6-8 depending on what you order anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.