Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico, my haven

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by KatW
Waldorf Astoria assumes operations at Pedregal in Cabo.

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/h...astoria-mexico

Pedregal is on my no-return list.
Thanks, katw
Your description of Casa Que Canta convinced us that this is for us. Confirmed for Feb, 2020. Deluxe Suite. We are also excited about non stops via Alaska Air from LAX. Easy trip. Appreciate your sharing your photos and impressions. Definitely decided that the glam of Punta Mita was not for us. This is definitely more our style.
KatW and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I envy you, obscure2k.
obscure2k and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Thanks, katw
Your description of Casa Que Canta convinced us that this is for us. Confirmed for Feb, 2020. Deluxe Suite. We are also excited about non stops via Alaska Air from LAX. Easy trip. Appreciate your sharing your photos and impressions. Definitely decided that the glam of Punta Mita was not for us. This is definitely more our style.
Decided after looking more closely at Katw's photos to upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View Pool Suite. I think it is the exact same suite which KatW occupied.
KatW likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Info on the new and newer luxury properties in and around Cabo. Plus farm-to-table compounds adding accommodations including cottages.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...t-14073986.php
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:49 pm

Hello, has anybody tried timeshare vacation packages in Cancun here? We're eyeing a vacation later this year and were given the suggestion to look them up by an acquaintance. Came across this with a brief description for Cancun properties, some of which were unnamed. I'm also looking for other references in the meantime. Would you recommend it or is it too good to be true? Forgive me for being a such a newbie but just unsure I've grasped the idea.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jamcoley
Hello, has anybody tried timeshare vacation packages in Cancun here? We're eyeing a vacation later this year and were given the suggestion to look them up by an acquaintance. Came across this with a brief description for Cancun properties, some of which were unnamed. I'm also looking for other references in the meantime. Would you recommend it or is it too good to be true? Forgive me for being a such a newbie but just unsure I've grasped the idea.
I think you’ll find that timeshare options rarely fall in the luxury category such as this forum typically discusses.
obscure2k and jamcoley like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:40 pm

I see. Thank you for the response!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Has anybody stayed at the new Solaz in Cabo? It looks somewhat similar to the Montage and Chileno Bay but at a slightly lower price point.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Valveking
Has anybody stayed at the new Solaz in Cabo? It looks somewhat similar to the Montage and Chileno Bay but at a slightly lower price point.
No, but it is getting extremely positive appraisals on the Marriott Bonvoy forum. Solaz is a Luxury Collection property in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio (much like the Gritti Palace Venice, the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Suiran Kyoto, the SLS Beverly Hills, the Chatwal NY, etc).

Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico [Master Thread]

Entry level superior rooms are 65 square meters. Pretty nice.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 5, 2019 at 10:27 am
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
The part that faces the Corridor is not very attractive to say the least, but the interior looks nice in a very modern way. It might be worth giving it a try.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:05 am

Guadalajara?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for excellent hotels in Guadalajara? Had a look at the rankings on TripAdvisor but can’t find anything with a wow factor. Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry, no suggestions for Guadalara.

An Auberge is coming to Punta Mita area in 2021.
https://aubergeresorts.com/susurros/
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Leopardz
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for excellent hotels in Guadalajara? Had a look at the rankings on TripAdvisor but can’t find anything with a wow factor. Thanks!
I'm also looking for something that gets me excited in Guadalajara, but I haven't found anything yet. Habita, which used to be known as Casa Fayette, got a lot of good press for several years. It's certainly not luxury but looks a bit more interesting than the chains. It did get a string of lousy reviews a while back, but feedback seems to have been better lately. Maybe there's been a refresh.

Anyone know anything about the new ownership of the Rosewood Puebla, which has been debranded and is now known as Azul Talavera Hotel?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Originally Posted by Leopardz
Casa Fayette or I think it is now called Casa Habita is quite good and I have stayed there multiple times. Pros - large room, quality food in restaurant and a good design, quiet and safe neighbourhood. Cons - there is not much atmosphere (this is the main thing I don't like about this place), the floor to ceiling windows can make the rooms quite hot, if you have a second person in the room you might not find the bathroom overly private. Cafe and barber on site. Uber is cheap to get to other parts of the city as there is not much in the immediate neighbourhood.

I know it is not right to say Hilton in a lux travel forum but the new Hilton Guadalajara Midtown is very good. It only opened last year and I now use this as my go to in GDL. It has a rooftop pool and bar, large and modern rooms and I love it how there is a very good shopping centre and movie theatre adjoining. Like the Casa Fayette you will need to get an Uber to get around and into Downtown. The cons - no minibar and I find this problematic when I am on a late flight in and want something to drink and can only order off overnight room service menu (in saying this there is an Oxxo next door).

Have yet to try the Intercontinental, Westin etc. I tried to book the Hotel Demetria once but gave up with all the website problems and their phones being down when I tried to call.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:37 pm

Any reports on the new Nobu Hotel in Cabo? Thinking of staying there 2 nights after 4 nights @ WA Pedregal at the end of next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.