Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico, my haven

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Anyone heard any additional info regarding Susurros Del Corazon? Pictures look lovely. https://aubergeresorts.com/susurros/
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
[QUOTE=threepointkid;31968120]Anyone heard any additional info regarding Susurros Del Corazon? Pictures look lovely. https://aubergeresorts.com/susurros/[/QUOTE

I Have driven by the site. I think it has a ways to go, but looking forward to it.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Originally Posted by kthpence
Any reports on the new Nobu Hotel in Cabo? Thinking of staying there 2 nights after 4 nights @ WA Pedregal at the end of next week.
Hard pass. Stayed there a few weeks back and while pretty, the staff is untrained and the location far from civilization.

If it were a well-run property, I wouldn't have minded the remoteness. I felt a bit held captive.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas
Hard pass. Stayed there a few weeks back and while pretty, the staff is untrained and the location far from civilization.

If it were a well-run property, I wouldn't have minded the remoteness. I felt a bit held captive.
Yea we ended up doing 2 nights here and while the resort was pretty and the food was far better than Pedregal, we didn't really love our stay. It was kind of eery (was only at 30% capacity) and the remoteness would get old very fast if we had stayed for multiple nights.

Our interaction with staff was pretty good, but I wouldn't say they were very well trained.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for that, kthpence, good to know.

Meanwhile, I booked a return to La Casa que Canta in Zihua the first week of March. Please don’t say “break a leg.”
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:45 pm

Has anyone stayed or gotten any feed back about the RC Reserve Zadun?

Thank you
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Currently booked in a Premium Villa at the Viceroy Rivera Maya. Anyone stay recently? Thinking about switching to Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Banyan Tree Mayakoba, albeit nice, is in need of a soft refurb. The rooms and common spaces look a little shabby.

I'm also not a fan of their mosquito problem, as the resort is set right in the middle of a creek system and lots of greenery. I don't think they employ bug control systems, nor does the local government.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Any first hand experiences among the forum members of the handful of higher-end properties in the Valle de Guadalupe?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Las Alamandas, Costalegre, Mexico, closed until April 10 (at least).

Dear Friends of Las Alamandas,

It is with a heavy heart that I write to you.
After careful and significant internal deliberations, I have made the decision to close Las Alamandas effective immediately until April 10th, 2020 a date we will revise as events unfold.

We value your patronage. Many of you, dear clients have visited us over so many years, we have seen your children grow up, you have become friends, we look forward to your visits and are happy to be your home in Mexico.

Now, in these unprecedented times, having seen the increased risk posed by Covid -19, the need to protect our employees, guests, family, friends, and fellow humans is of the utmost importance and it has become clear that temporary closure is the only responsible choice.
We will continue to have staff available to help you with questions and future bookings via phone and email.

The world is on pause right now, but to those for whom it would have been the first visit, keep the dream of travel alive, reschedule at your convenience, we look forward to welcoming you, so that you too may discover Las Alamandas.

God bless,

Isabel Goldsmith
Founder Las Alamandas Resort
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

New One&Only Mandarina, 45-minute drive from PVR, just north of Punta Mita, opening (ostensibly) November 1. This could be a late-April respite for me.

https://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/mandarina/

Last edited by KatW; Sep 21, 2020 at 12:53 am
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by KatW
New One&Only Mandarina, 45-minute drive from PVR, just north of Punta Mita, opening (ostensibly) November 1. This could be a late-Alril respite for me.

I live vicariously thru your travel, Kat. Thank you for the wonderful reports you give us on your travels. Should you go, I look forward to you sharing your opinion.
KatW, damon88, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Four Seasons deluge in Mexico, yet another Cabo venue.

https://www.travelweek.ca/news/comin...abo-san-lucas/
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KatW
New One&Only Mandarina, 45-minute drive from PVR, just north of Punta Mita, opening (ostensibly) November 1. This could be a late-April respite for me.

Staying in November. 4 nights at Imanta and then 4 nights here at the end of the month. Will let you know how it goes.
KatW likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Staying in November. 4 nights at Imanta and then 4 nights here at the end of the month. Will let you know how it goes.
This is very timely. Looking forward to reading your feedback, as I'm thinking of staying there in mid-Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.