Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
It depends upon what you mean by 'exciting'!
They aren't exciting because there is no chance of getting stoned to death.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ridefar
They aren't exciting because there is no chance of getting stoned to death.
I´m also not a fan of getting beheaded. Even a simple and boring 1200 lashings mustn´t be every week.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
I´m also not a fan of getting beheaded. Even a simple and boring 1200 lashings mustn´t be every week.

Last edited by Mickidon; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:02 am Reason: Comment deleted
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:19 pm

Is the Amanpuri done with their remodels?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by phant0m
Almost . On the main pool side , all done except for the boutique .
Will try to do a TR soon , just back from Puri .
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Just booked Amangiri for my 10th visit in November. I do love that property.

Read a review of Aman Tokyo on one of the mileage blogs recently and laughed a bit. It's odd to see people who focus so squarely on spend that they almost cannot relax and have an enjoyable time because they're too worried about everything being 'perfect.'
Fliar, bhrubin and MicSanToro like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas
Just booked Amangiri for my 10th visit in November. I do love that property.

Read a review of Aman Tokyo on one of the mileage blogs recently and laughed a bit. It's odd to see people who focus so squarely on spend that they almost cannot relax and have an enjoyable time because they're too worried about everything being 'perfect.'
How is the weather supposed to be around that time? Quite cold right?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Originally Posted by sophialite

How is the weather supposed to be around that time? Quite cold right?
I'm from Chicago, so 'quite cold' is relative to me. LOL.

It's chilly at night (upper 30s), but not terrible due to it being dry. Perfect daytime temps for hiking and being outside (mid-50s).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:35 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
The interiors of the pavilions have been mostly left as were, right? Essentially just added a few private pools?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:32 pm

Decided to do Amandari and Amankila 3/3 next year. Any comments on the room categories? Thinking of doing the base Garden Villa are Dari and the Ocean Villa at Kila and crossing fingers for an upgrade before we get there. Our first Aman was just this year at Amanoi and we were lucky enough for a pool suite but I don't expect that next year.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Decided to do Amandari and Amankila 3/3 next year. Any comments on the room categories? Thinking of doing the base Garden Villa are Dari and the Ocean Villa at Kila and crossing fingers for an upgrade before we get there. Our first Aman was just this year at Amanoi and we were lucky enough for a pool suite but I don't expect that next year.
If you can squeeze it I would add in Amanjiwo. We did Bali and beyond and our agent was able to confirm our upgrade at booking.

fdw
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
If you can squeeze it I would add in Amanjiwo. We did Bali and beyond and our agent was able to confirm our upgrade at booking.

fdw
I agree. In fact, I would choose Kila or Dari and then include Jiwo. Jiwo is our all time favorite Aman, followed by Giri and Kila.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

fdw
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I agree. In fact, I would choose Kila or Dari and then include Jiwo. Jiwo is our all time favorite Aman, followed by Giri and Kila.
Jiwo does look amazing and different. So if pick 2, Jiwo and Kila are the places to go? How's the transportation between Jiwo and Kila? A flight is needed I'm assuming?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

A flight is needed I'm assuming?
Most certainly but they're cheap and not too long.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Jiwo does look amazing and different. So if pick 2, Jiwo and Kila are the places to go? How's the transportation between Jiwo and Kila? A flight is needed I'm assuming?
Easy flight (maybe an hr?) between Yogyakarta and Denpasar. It is a 1 hr drive to Yogyakarta from Jiwo...and about the same to Denpasar from Kila.

While we stayed at Kila, we did a day trip to Ubud including lunch at Dari. Dari and Ubud are nice, but Ubud is a tourist trap. Kila is far more interesting, and East Bali is far less touristy and offes just as much if not more authentic Bali. And Kali is just better.

Jiwo is incredible--even if you never left, it's the most spectacular architecture and its view onto Borobodur is incredible. Visiting Borbodur is amazing. Visiting the local towns and getting to know the local culture still ranks as one of the most memorable things we've done.

I tell people visiting Amans in Bali all the time to not miss Jiwo if they can help it. It's incredible and totally worth any inconvenience to reach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.