Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:28 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum

I have also an upcoming trip and booked Arion. I got advice it's the premium choice and Nafiska a step below.
I'm definitely not well versed on this property, yet. Probably will go visit enroute to Zoe.
Till then, very curious and look forward to your feedback!
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:35 am

Has anyone rented a car and done the drive to Amanzoe themselves? The price for the car transfer (close to &600 each way) seems pretty exorbitant. Thinking about the Porto Heli ferry, but the schedules aren’t great and seems like the increased travel time will take away from the only three days we have at the resort. Is the drive really bad/to be avoided, or OK with satellite navigation?

thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Lebron2323
Has anyone rented a car and done the drive to Amanzoe themselves? The price for the car transfer (close to &600 each way) seems pretty exorbitant. Thinking about the Porto Heli ferry, but the schedules aren’t great and seems like the increased travel time will take away from the only three days we have at the resort. Is the drive really bad/to be avoided, or OK with satellite navigation?

thank you!
I will rent a car and see no reason why it should be bad or whatever.

Will report back about the drive. Btw on the way you can do Corinth.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:32 am

Thank you offerendum!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

We have driven down into the Peloponnese from Athens several times. Easy.

The hardest part is getting out of Athens. No fun.

There are several good local car rentals that will pick you up at your Athens hotel and drive you out of Athens proper to the highway which leads down to the Peloponnese. From that point on it is a breeze.

I like the local car rental companies.... cars are new and insurance/theft included in the competitive pricing.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:26 am

I have also an upcoming trip and booked Arion. I got advice it's the premium choice and Nafiska a step below.
Good decision - Arion is leagues ahead of Nafsika. Loved it.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:44 pm

Very easy drive to Zoe from Athens - plus you have the flexibility to divert when you like, go elsewhere (not that you’ll want to most likely), and of course a much less costly alternative to the Heli or House Car.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Lebron2323

thank you!
I find the ferry to be the most convenient way to get to Amanzoe . It takes roughly about 2 hours from Piraeus to Ermioni (which is very convenient if you are staying in Athens already but not so if you are flying in given the transfer time from airport to port). My partner gets annoyed with me if I suggest another mode of transport to get there as he finds the ferry journey exciting.

I think driving is not bad at all either (and it is very easy if you are driving straight out of the airport since you are unlikely to hit Athenian traffic then).

You could probably find a transport company willing to take you to Zoe for roughly half of what they are asking.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
You could probably find a transport company willing to take you to Zoe for roughly half of what they are asking.
More or less every extra offered from an Aman is overpriced.
Zephyrous and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I’ve done the drive to Amanzoe from the airport. Maybe I’m in the minority’ but I didn’t find the ride super easy. Once you leave the highway it’s fairly windy so if you’re prone to motion sickness (and my wife is) then it’s not a fun time....

though she enjoyed it better than our recent hop in a Cessna 302... apparently I hadn’t explained how small the puddle jumper was....

fdw
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:36 pm

More or less every extra offered from an Aman is overpriced.
I looked and couldn’t find anyone willing to do it for less than 280 euros. Anyone have any recommendations for car services for Amanzoe? Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I’ve done the drive to Amanzoe from the airport. Maybe I’m in the minority’ but I didn’t find the ride super easy. Once you leave the highway it’s fairly windy so if you’re prone to motion sickness (and my wife is) then it’s not a fun time....

though she enjoyed it better than our recent hop in a Cessna 302... apparently I hadn’t explained how small the puddle jumper was....

fdw
I've never heard of wind as being a cause for a buffeted car causing motion sickness. What time of year was this?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:10 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by david55
I've never heard of wind as being a cause for a buffeted car causing motion sickness. What time of year was this?
oops. Can’t figure out how to spell the word.

How about curvey?

fdw

EDIT

Definition of windy (Entry 2 of 2)

: WINDINGa windy path
source
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

oops. Can’t figure out how to spell the word.

How about curvey?

fdw

EDIT

source

Why of course.....it is winding and it can make me car sick too...unless I am driving.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Now we understand why so many writers use "winding" to avoid confusion over "windy" because of curves or too much wind.

I'm gonna wind down now.
FlyingDoctorwu and FlyerEC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.