Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Reviews of Tokyo hotels to be found in dedicated threads (If you review another Tokyo luxury hotel, put it in a thread and add a link here, thanks!)

Aman Tokyo (not a formal review but as detailed as one) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Peninsula Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Park Hyatt Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho from luxury perspective — https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by reigndrop
that's really encouraging to hear, we are booked for the restaurant for our stay there in January
Enjoy! You may find yourself wanting to eat there more than once.

I plan to stay at Aman Tokyo and eat there on most nights of my stay. No longer living in Tokyo means I have to eat as many meals as possible at favorite restaurants when I have the chance to visit.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:55 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
This new ability to book Hyatt Premium Suites with points really has to be too good to be true. My son was just able to book a Diplomat Suite at the Park Hyatt that sells for over 414000 Yen for 79120 Yen plus 9000 Hyatt Points. It's over 1700 square feet (160 SM)

Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:16 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
This new ability to book Hyatt Premium Suites with points really has to be too good to be true. My son was just able to book a Diplomat Suite at the Park Hyatt that sells for over 414000 Yen for 79120 Yen plus 9000 Hyatt Points. It's over 1700 square feet (160 SM)

All wasted if your son can’t play that baby grand. J/K

I do believe we’ve now found a better use for our Chase UR points...
damon88 and 747FC like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:54 am

Did he have to call in for this?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:32 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
Did he have to call in for this?

Not sure if he had to but he did. It is the first day this is available and the first agent had no idea. He was on hold a long time and then switched to WoH. I am sure there is very limited availability- helped he was booking October 2019.

BTW- another option was 60000 points no cash or cash + points. I have a feeling this can’t last. There are only a few excluded properties.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wonder re top at GH (swimming pool) , top 2 at PH , top at andaz

seems like something to take advantage of now in case it ends
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:41 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

My thoughts exactly
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

grand hyatt tokyo - presidential suite >

hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/japan/grand-hyatt-tokyo/tyogh/rooms
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:52 am
SPG 5+ Badge

They gave him two options for Premium Suite- Governor or Diplomat. I don’t believe Presidential Suites are eligible.

And Andaz is an excluded property.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...upgrades-work/
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
If I understand correctly, the Premium Suite upgrades can only be applied to a standard rate and not, for example, a corporate rate. Have I got that right?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mongobot
If I understand correctly, the Premium Suite upgrades can only be applied to a standard rate and not, for example, a corporate rate. Have I got that right?
Yes, to the so-called Hyatt Daily Rate. It is already an amazing deal, and would be insane if it were applicable to discounted corporate rates.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:02 pm

I agree, something to take advantage of. In many locations. I wonder what kind of suite it gets in at Park Hyatts such as Paris, Milan, Istanbul, New York, Seoul (where there is a big step up from standard suite to next category as I recall).

It would be absolutely amazing at Andaz Tokyo, but I suspect it is impossible as this property does not allow suite upgrades of any kind, even to standard suites.

Now I know exactly how to use my Hyatt credit card sign up bonus
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Yes, to the so-called Hyatt Daily Rate. It is already an amazing deal, and would be insane if it were applicable to discounted corporate rates.
Prive rates should count right?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:21 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I agree, something to take advantage of. In many locations. I wonder what kind of suite it gets in at Park Hyatts such as Paris, Milan, Istanbul, New York, Seoul (where there is a big step up from standard suite to next category as I recall).

It would be absolutely amazing at Andaz Tokyo, but I suspect it is impossible as this property does not allow suite upgrades of any kind, even to standard suites.

Now I know exactly how to use my Hyatt credit card sign up bonus
Specifically the following hotels are exempt:

• Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
  • Park Hyatt Sydney
  • Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
  • Hyatt Regency Kyoto
  • Hyatt Regency Wichita
  • Hyatt Paris Madeleine
  • Hyatt Herald Square New York
  • Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
  • Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
  • Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
  • Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort
  • Hyatt Rosemont

I finally was able to book Andaz Papagayo after an HOUR on hold. Only 1 type premium Suite was available. Park Hyatt Tokyo is really a screaming deal. I would definitely think about snagging now if you are planning a trip there.

Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Specifically the following hotels are exempt:
  • Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
  • Park Hyatt Sydney
  • Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
  • Hyatt Regency Kyoto
  • Hyatt Regency Wichita
  • Hyatt Paris Madeleine
  • Hyatt Herald Square New York
  • Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
  • Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
  • Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
  • Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort
  • Hyatt Rosemont

I finally was able to book Andaz Papagayo after an HOUR on hold. Only 1 type premium Suite was available. Park Hyatt Tokyo is really a screaming deal. I would definitely think about snagging now if you are planning a trip there.

Definitely get em while they're hot! I can see a lot of ways hotels will try to prevent this from happening with some creative designating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.