Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives Recs for 2019 trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zack14
On average, how much did you spend on dinner a night there?
This probably isn't the best answer but $250-$500 depending on what wine we chose that night, and that is usually 1 appetizer, 2 mains and 1 dessert. We will normally do 1 nicer meal at their nicer restaurant or room service and 1 night at Teppanyaki. We typically have a bottle of wine around the $75-100 point, but have celebrated with a nicer bottle of champagne the last 2 visits that was about $250. We have not done dinner at Lime (their all day a la carte restaurant) on any of our visits, but that would probably come in under $200 with wine.

Of note, we just booked a trip for 2019, and they were offering a half-board package that I hadn't seen before that included dinner nightly at Lime (it is during Lunar New Year so that might impact why it's available). When we did the math, it didn't work out to be cheaper as we are staying longer this time, and want to have flexibility with our dinner plans but it could be something to consider.
zack14 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Looking at March 2019. Under Travelzoo's luxury vacations selection, the Movenpick Maldives came up as an option, since they are soft opening. ~$500 incl taxes till end of Dec and ~$700 incl taxes till April-ish. I'm trying to negotiate in booking directly with the hotel and getting the TZ inclusions. 6 nights @ $750/night that includes taxes + $445 per person for sea plane, incl breakfast, 2x lunch and 2x dinner. Base room is overwater w/ pool with space avail upgrade to a sunrise view. Booking 2 villas and may book an additional 2 if i get some additional inclusions.

I am confirming that if I go in March, all facilities are open. Getting copies of menus and excursions as well. Wanted to get people's feedback as going during soft opening is a risk...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:49 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
1. Going during soft opening is always a risk, but that's also why (theoretically) hotels will offer great deals during this period. As a general rule, find out what's open/what isn't and negotiate accordingly.
2. I don't think this this is the right forum for discussing Movenpick resorts.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat
I'm also going to Maldives in March. Do you have any more recommendations? 3k USD a night is too much, and I get really annoyed if they're robbing me with activities such as dolphin scouting (or whatever) for 2k USD. I understand it's very expensive in the Maldives, so I'm prepared for it. Important points for me are dining, drinking, house reef and living in a villa on poles in the water.

Except for Four Seasons, I've been looking at Fairmont, The W, St. Regis and Conrad. I'll be going there to snorkle, dine and dive (learning at the hotel). Any deals coming up I should wait for (based on historical deals)?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:15 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lambi
I'm also going to Maldives in March. Do you have any more recommendations? 3k USD a night is too much, and I get really annoyed if they're robbing me with activities such as dolphin scouting (or whatever) for 2k USD. I understand it's very expensive in the Maldives, so I'm prepared for it. Important points for me are dining, drinking, house reef and living in a villa on poles in the water.

Except for Four Seasons, I've been looking at Fairmont, The W, St. Regis and Conrad. I'll be going there to snorkle, dine and dive (learning at the hotel). Any deals coming up I should wait for (based on historical deals)?
If you can push to a later month, Cheval Blanc will have their usual Stay 7 pay 5 + 10% early bird special...so it can bring it down to around $1,850-ish ++/night, assuming a 7 night stay. I do think this is fantastic value for CB.

Just booked a client at St. Regis as their 4th night promotion just became available. can also get the entry categories for under $2k++/night.
I can hop on FSPP site later this evening to see what's available and share anything interesting.
bhrubin, atojbk and Lambi like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
If you can push to a later month, Cheval Blanc will have their usual Stay 7 pay 5 + 10% early bird special...so it can bring it down to around $1,850-ish ++/night, assuming a 7 night stay. I do think this is fantastic value for CB.

Just booked a client at St. Regis as their 4th night promotion just became available. can also get the entry categories for under $2k++/night.
I can hop on FSPP site later this evening to see what's available and share anything interesting.
Sorry I can't push to a later month, have to get back home to celebrate birthdays (my whole family have birthdays late March -> April). Also this is an extension of a Shanghai (Pen), Bangkok (MO) -> Maldives tour . I'll be staying 4-5 nights at the Maldives
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lambi
Sorry I can't push to a later month, have to get back home to celebrate birthdays (my whole family have birthdays late March -> April). Also this is an extension of a Shanghai (Pen), Bangkok (MO) -> Maldives tour . I'll be staying 4-5 nights at the Maldives
the fairmont had special opening rates when I first opened this thread. id check their site
Lambi likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by BESVISOR

@Lambi - just to follow up on this, the Stay 7/Pay 5 + 10% early bird should be available over March period as well which should bring the price down but @BESVISOR is that in it won't bring it down to the USD 1,550/1,750/1,850 per night range until after Easter period.

Also, you may be able to have Cheval Blanc's (shared) dolphin cruise as a complimentary inclusive experience (also, it's not USD 2,000 at CBR).

COMO Maalifushi another good option.
BESVISOR and Lambi like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:00 pm

Anantara Kihavah in the Baa Atoll should be available at very competitive rates, for sure lower than FS LG, and it definitely ticks off all the boxes for the requirements mentioned above.

FS LG would also be ideal, so do check rates there as well. Besvisor could hook you up with FSPP value added amenities, or similar with any other resort including W, StR, etc...

Cheval Blanc does not have a house reef.
Lambi likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does FS maldives still do 50% off explorer via european travel companies? if so that would be $1350.

chinmoylad, $2,000 would translate to $800+ per person
edit: huh, perhaps referring to charter vs shared

nice that FS seems to be publishing offer dates again

spring is peak season in maldives

cocoa has always had fans here for reef

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 22, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
I think the CBR (shared) dolphin cruise experience is ~USD 150 per person?

@Lambi - may also want to check W Maldives. It's a W, but an excellent reef.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:35 pm

does FS maldives still do 50% off explorer via european travel companies? if so that would be $1350.

edit: huh, perhaps referring to charter vs shared

nice that FS seems to be publishing offer dates again

spring is peak season in maldives

cocoa has always had fans here for reef
Cocoa looks cool! Is there any point going for the double property deal with COMO except for the change of scenery?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:09 am

Just checked Dertour Deluxe and they still do as long as the trip is booked together with 3 nights in either FS.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 25, 2018 at 7:26 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:44 pm

We stayed 3 nights at Gili Lankanfushi and then flew to Coco Maalifushi. The planes from the airport were annoying as was the noise from the resort across the bay. I loved the rooms, and the spa with the windows in the floor to watch fish while you had your massage was so much fun! We did the half board, and skipped lunch.
Loved our room at Coco Maalifushi. I felt like I died and went to heaven. So much room, and it was the smallest overwater villa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.