Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
London hotels with a wealth of detailed posts, 2013 - 2017

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1475602-london-luxury-hotel.html
Print Wikipost

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by KatW
Did you decide on the Lanesborough? i’ll be there 27 April - 3 May.
One of my sons stayed there twice in one month. Each stay was about 7 days. I believe this was in January. He thought the service was superb.
KatW and offerendum like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:26 am

Pan Pacific London

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Thought the exact thing when I looked yesterday. I also don't understand Pan Pac as a brand.
Ok, I took one for the team and booked the Pan Pacific London for a three-night stay. I am in residence now. And I booked another stay for next week a few minutes after checking in.

It is not bland, but rather, it is outstanding. I am in a Bishopsgate Suite and it's perfect. The location is phenomenal if this area is where you need or want to be.

Will post a fuller account of my experience shortly.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:55 pm
Original Member

Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings in London, 2022

https://luxurylondon.co.uk/travel/lo...on-hotels-2022

Some of the rates indicate less-than-luxe status.
RichardInSF likes this.

Last edited by KatW; Apr 2, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Raffles will attract the most attention here. The Twenty Two should I think be the most interesting for people who know London.
KatW likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Completed a site inspection of The Guardsman recently.
Directly across the road from the Taj, close to Victoria station.

Modern and elegant decor, definitely not the place for people who favour embroidery, four poster beds etc.

Interesting concept: hotel closed to non-residents (and their guests). Idea is to make the hotel feel completely residential - like a members club.
Drinks and meals can be ordered anywhere in the main lounge area. Larger restaurant downstairs too.

Rooms are very well appointed with all modern hardware that you'd expect. Big focus on sustainability in terms of amenities provided too (without compromising on quality).

Also toured a couple of residences, which had very modern and attractive kitchen/ dining areas (i.e not the usual butler's pantry)

Interested to hear client feedback on the overall experience, have guests staying there in a few weeks...

Hotel participates in iPrefer - Preferred Platinum (usual amenities, as per Virtuoso)
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Beaumont seems suspiciously cheap for Mayfair... what's the deal? I mean I like a nice hotel but I also like spending $500 instead of $1500 per night.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Beaumont seems suspiciously cheap for Mayfair... what's the deal? I mean I like a nice hotel but I also like spending $500 instead of $1500 per night.
Tiny, tiny rooms. Suites are lovely though. Hotel was sold by Corbyn & King and the GM "retired" and I think it's declined a bit.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
With a budget of about £1500 per night, is there a hotel anyone could recommend with the following features as priorities:

- a large bathtub, preferably with a view of the city and heated floors
- an expansive spa/gym
- easy access to the Tube

Location within London isn't particularly important, we've traveled to London many times and have no trouble getting around.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Ok, I took one for the team and booked the Pan Pacific London for a three-night stay. I am in residence now. And I booked another stay for next week a few minutes after checking in.

It is not bland, but rather, it is outstanding. I am in a Bishopsgate Suite and it's perfect. The location is phenomenal if this area is where you need or want to be.

Will post a fuller account of my experience shortly.
Could you share your experience?
Old May 18, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by steveholt
With a budget of about £1500 per night, is there a hotel anyone could recommend with the following features as priorities:

- a large bathtub, preferably with a view of the city and heated floors
- an expansive spa/gym
- easy access to the Tube

Location within London isn't particularly important, we've traveled to London many times and have no trouble getting around.
Lanesborough London Junior Suite fit most of the criteria. There is a large tub in the ensuite bathroom. Floors are heated. The gym/spa is huge. Tube station right outside the hotel entrance ( Hyde Park Corner ). Only thing missing is a view from the tub. Decor is very British classical if you like the style ( I do ), but its matter of personal taste.
KatW and steveholt like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
Could you share your experience?
I haven’t forgotten, been super busy but I will shortly. I am actually back in residence right now for a week. Still great despite what BENLEE wrote on another site.

mradey and steveholt like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:05 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MattEvan
I haven’t forgotten, been super busy but I will shortly. I am actually back in residence right now for a week. Still great despite what BENLEE wrote on another site.

The rates have dropped significantly since pre opening. The hotel looks modern and always delightful to have a large pool and spa area.

That said, the rooms don’t appear to have a desk and the couches seem squashed into the wall in an effort to maximise space.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The rates have dropped significantly since pre opening. The hotel looks modern and always delightful to have a large pool and spa area.

That said, the rooms don’t appear to have a desk and the couches seem squashed into the wall in an effort to maximise space.
You are correct about desks. They are working on it. They know I prefer a desk and more workspaces so they reconfigure my suite before I check in.

I don’t pay much attention to rates, but they look higher to me now than they were before. Suites have definitely gone up.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Lanesborough London Junior Suite fit most of the criteria. There is a large tub in the ensuite bathroom. Floors are heated. The gym/spa is huge. Tube station right outside the hotel entrance ( Hyde Park Corner ). Only thing missing is a view from the tub. Decor is very British classical if you like the style ( I do ), but its matter of personal taste.
Stayed recently. I agree about nearly everything, but not about the tub. For me it's notmal size, not large.

Park Suite, but tubs are the same in Junior Suites.
From pictures Shangri-La The Shard could fit the bill with freestanding tubs, views from the bathroom and location above the tube.
RichardInSF and steveholt like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Stayed recently. I agree about nearly everything, but not about the tub. For me it's notmal size, not large.

Park Suite, but tubs are the same in Junior Suites.
From pictures Shangri-La The Shard could fit the bill with freestanding tubs, views from the bathroom and location above the tube.
I think the Shangri-La The Shard makes sense. I was going to book it with FHR after seeing rooms available in all room types for the last week, but all availability suddenly disappeared when I went to book today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.