All things Mandarin Oriental...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All things Mandarin Oriental...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The 1970s Walt Disney World Contemporary Resort called and it wants its wallpaper back.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Update: A friend who checked in a few days ago said construction still going on. FO told him construction should be complete by December.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:15 pm

Some of my pictures from our stay at Mandarin Oriental Costa Navarino. It opened in mid-August; we checked out a few days ago after a five-night stay in a villa.

offerendum, FlyerEC and luxefarer like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Some of my pictures from our stay at Mandarin Oriental Costa Navarino. It opened in mid-August; we checked out a few days ago after a five-night stay in a villa.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...77720311710933
wow! Thank you for sharing, I’ve been curious to see this hard product. What are your thoughts in person?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:54 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by MacMyDay

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...77720311710933
Click left on the photo album or else you'll be visiting il Pellicano
obscure2k and offerendum like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by luxefarer
wow! Thank you for sharing, I’ve been curious to see this hard product. What are your thoughts in person?
It's somewhere I can see us returning to. The upsides are that it's extremely family-friendly, has great facilities, a wonderful beach club and (for European standards) a decent beach and reasonably priced, the downside is it's hard to give a truly representative view, as the property was completely dead when we were there. They had only been open six weeks, so service and food were never going to be award-winning, but the pastry chef certainly pushed against concept by producing endlessly good cakes. I was impressed.

Here's a video walkthrough

Livetotell likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:11 am

New opening in Zurich this winter. Will be taking over the historic Savoy hotel building.

Really psyched as the pics look great! MO sure is great at restoration
pstm91 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Just booked the new Zürich MO for next month. Anyone have any intel on this opening?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:04 am

A trio of new resorts, the Mandarin Oriental, Setouchi, set around the Seto Inland Sea in Japan, coming between 2027 and 2030.

https://photos.mandarinoriental.com/...f-setouchi.pdf
FlyerEC and hijiji like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Will ask about MOZRH , might stay late spring , & probably returning to MOMLN / MXP in September too

One of the MOHK CHRISTmas trees provides cheer and welcoming guests to a cold HK
obscure2k, offerendum and scented like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:59 am

Mandarin Oriental to take over the former Gellert Hotel in Budapest, which will open in 2027.

\https://cpp-luxury.com/mandarin-orie...dmark-opening/
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:31 am
Original Member

From the Robb Report — news of MO opening three new resorts in Japanese coastal region:
https://robbreport.com/travel/hotels...an-1235451194/
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by p100a
Just booked the new Zürich MO for next month. Anyone have any intel on this opening?
They officially opened yesterday!
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Will ask about MOZRH , might stay late spring , & probably returning to MOMLN / MXP in September too

One of the MOHK CHRISTmas trees provides cheer and welcoming guests to a cold HK
Originally Posted by WildTravels
Mandarin Oriental to take over the former Gellert Hotel in Budapest, which will open in 2027.

\https://cpp-luxury.com/mandarin-orie...dmark-opening/
Originally Posted by KatW
From the Robb Report — news of MO opening three new resorts in Japanese coastal region:
https://robbreport.com/travel/hotels...an-1235451194/
Originally Posted by LICO
They officially opened yesterday!
Looking forward to these openings & ZRH stay next May ? In the mean time , MOHK ( photos below ) & MOBKK

From Lobby Lounge towards the grand staircase to Clipper Lounge

CHRISTmas tree in lobby lounge

Late night view from balcony suite , fewer CHRISTmas lights this year / post CoVid predicament

Morning view from suite balcony

Advent welcome in suite
offerendum and WildTravels like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:50 am

Any recent experiences at Mandarin Oriental New York? Firming up a stay end of March. How does it compare to the Aman, the Park Hyatt or the two Four Seasons? Particularly interested on the service side but also a little on the hard product state of affairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.